IMPORTANT: Spooky Pack new DLC coming soon!

I wonder what the other two licensed packs are? Anyone think there 'Spooky' themed, or something completely different.

Lets see themes that I think would be cool to have?

Prehistoric: Cavemen, Mammoths, Saber-toothed Tigers, and all manner of animatronic dinosaurs, throw in some dinosaur bone pieces and a "Natural rock" themed wall set, perhaps a Carousel and a powered kiddy coaster, and a new themed mascot to match... (Maybe a mammoth, or Triceratops to keep Gulpee Rex company?)

1920's theme: Gangsters, flappers, Model T cars, moonshine ect...

Swamp: Has more swamp/bayou themed stuff, alligators, vegetation, vines, trees, wooden shacks, mossy rocks... perhaps a large animated turtle, animatronic frogs, fireflies VFX, banjo playing rednecks...

Carnival/circus: Clowns, animatronic Elephants/Lions/ Lion tamers, a Ringmaster mascot, midway games, mini golf, high ropes coarse, clown themed decorations, animal cages, funhouse/hauntedhouse ride/atraction... Would be a good large expansion I think...

Last edited:
I wonder what the other two licensed packs are? Anyone think there 'Spooky' themed, or something completely different.

licensed content = Bttf/munsters/etc ... Spooky =/= licensed

personally, I wish the licensed content had entertainers, or at least some animatronics of Doc Brown or the Munsters... static objects seem like a waste, especially if we ever get CSO/UGC. Thats why king coaster needs some alternate color options

Last edited:

I would not be surprised if we got Jurassic Park/World licensed pack since Frontier already has a licensing deal for that franchise. Dinosaurs are not exactly spooky, but some of them are scary. As for Spooky themed, I think a "Mummy" theme would fit both Spooky and the Ancient Egyptian aesthetic in one stroke.

Last edited:
The problem with this statement is that you will never find two people who agree on what a "finished game" looks like. Everyone has their own priorities. Some hold RCT3 as a standard of what a "finished game" looks like, even though the community continued to add to it (even after expansion packs) because it didn't have what they were looking for.

When I first played the release version of PC, I felt that it was a finished game, as far as being ready for release. I had a lot of fun with it. That was before 3 free seasonal updates, several in-between patches, 3 paid (and optional) mini-DLC packs, and an upcoming free anniversary update (and more in the future). I don't think PC is ever a "finished game" since it will continue to grow and develop via Frontier and the community. I've certainly gotten my moneys-worth out of the original game. I did my homework and watched all of the videos and knew what I was buying. I was buying what existed at the time for the price at the time. Even if Frontier had not come out with another DLC (free or paid), it wouldn't matter. I paid my money for what I got. I expect that if I want even more, I can pay more later. I certainly wasn't expecting quarterly free updates, but got them anyway. I wasn't expecting the licensed DLCs, but they looked fun so I gladly purchased them. I wasn't expecting the spooky pack (nor did not having it prevent me from having a great time in PC). I can choose to buy it or not buy it.

This update doesn't "complete" PC for me. No update will do that for anyone because it won't address everything that you may feel made PC unfinished at launch. I respect your opinion, as much as I respect the opinion of anyone I don't know and am not personally invested in. You have your opinions and I have mine. That's ok. Find me two people who agree on everything, and I'll find you two liars.

With 'finished' I mean a game that's ready for release, aka the 'release-version'. This game at the time of those 70-dollar-alpha-access-propositions was clearly stated to be an alpha, not necessarily close to the "final" product iirc.
Whatever the community creates is something I don't include in that definition, and patches are a bit of a grey area on this, as those are (usually) intended by the developer.

Point is that buying the early bird was completely optional. No one was forced to spend the money. There was an option to buy the regular game at a lower pre-order price than what it was after release. Frontier never said that you would get a complete, or close to complete, game during the alpha/beta period. They laid out the road-map ahead of time, telling us it would be three phases plus a short final Beta test that also invited people outside of the early birds program to participate in. The whole point with the early bird program was to get the core players, that were willing to pay the $70 it cost, to test the different game mechanics on a larger scale and give feedback to Frontier. That happened and made it to the game we have today. A lot of core items in the game today were influenced by the early bird players. Another way of looking at the high price is to weed out and limit the player base during this phase. Having too many testers would not be good either and you could, hypothetically, get feedback reports from players that didn't really care about the game. Enough of these reports and the game may have taken a less fortunate route. This is just speculations, but the price tag did in fact limit the number of alpha/beta testers which I think was one of Frontiers goal.

For people to complain that they did not get a full featured game during the alpha/beta process makes no sense. You only paid to get early access to the game and a chance to influence it. If you didn't believe Frontier would deliver a product you would like, maybe you places your early bird bet on the wrong horse.

In order to buy something, anything, most people first do some research if they don't know enough about the product they are buying. Some products you know by experience, like milk or eggs, if they are good and worth your money. Some need research, like a car. If you can't find the information you need in order to make the purchase decision, well then you have two options, you either don't buy the product and wait until you have gathered the information you feel you need, or you take a chance/risk and go ahead and buying it, knowing it may or may not turn out the way YOU hoped for. There is also a chance that it would turn out even better than what you could have imagined (that is my feeling about the game but certainly not everyone's since we all have different bars that sets the standards for ourselves). Basic risk analysis.

Even if it were completely optional, that doesn't make it automatically good business practice. For an example, the "From Ashes"-DLC for Mass Effect 3 was completely optional, but it is still a dirty move to lock important story points behind a first-day DLC-pack.
It's nice that they communicated clearly about what the game was going through, and steps in development. But it still doesn't change that those buying the game at that time basically paid for play-testing, which is something developers normally have to pay people for as a job. If following that train of thought, and lack of direct knowledge of that stadium, I hope you understand why I'm a bit sceptical of Frontier?

Yes, people should research what they buy. But not everyone has enough time to properly assess it without faling into biases, especially if they're excited/hyped about it. If you throw on that possible lack of proper info and criticism (Like "Shadow of Mordor" not allowing reviews iirc) and nasty PR (like the entire fuzz about Dishonored 2 and pre-orders, foe example), and it can be rather hard.
Add to that that a fair amount of possible buyers are fairly young or blindly defend a company/IP, and thus not quite that good at applying critical thinking to such a product, and you get a lot of people taken advantage from.

I just really hope the pack is worth the price, so I can buy it with certitude. Otherwise I'll wait until a price drop, or it is combined with other DLC's as a more sizable pack with a better value proposition.

Anyway, let’s get a little bit of positivity back in this thread.

What features are people most looking forward to seeing/working with? Really can’t wait to see the track ride and the bookcase feature.

Also the ghost/reaper anamatronics I hope I’ve seen.

I for one am in love with all of the stuff shown so far. They said in the stream there would be more reveals over the weekend though... Tomorrow is now the day and we have not really seen anything other than what was shown in the initial stream. I do wonder if all of the negative posts about this update deterred them from showing us anything else.

In any case, I am super excited to buy the pack tomorrow and support the devs in their hard work for us [up]

Last edited:
It's nice that they communicated clearly about what the game was going through, and steps in development. But it still doesn't change that those buying the game at that time basically paid for play-testing, which is something developers normally have to pay people for as a job. If following that train of thought, and lack of direct knowledge of that stadium, I hope you understand why I'm a bit sceptical of Frontier?

Yes, it may not be a "standard practice" but Frontier were very open with what you would get if you purchased the Early-Birds version. You, the customer, they would make the decision if you would like to part away with the sum they asked for in order to be a "alpha/beta tester. If you still were unsure you could have waited until the first, or even second, release was public, watch YouTube videos etc. in order to make a sound decision for you if you thought it would be worth the money it cost. I agree it was not cheap but I think that was on purpose by Frontier to limit the alpha/beta tester audience. and make sure that you got feedback from the ones that did buy in early. The expectation would be that those customers would be dedicated to the game and to make it as good as possible. Without knowing any data my guess would be that the majority of the alpha/beta testers submitted at least one bug report or took part in one or more of the discussions in the locked down alpha part of these forums.

Yes, people should research what they buy. But not everyone has enough time to properly assess it without faling into biases, especially if they're excited/hyped about it. If you throw on that possible lack of proper info and criticism

If you don't have enough time to make a sound decision on if what you are buying is what you want but then have all the time in the world to play the game, well, then you can't really complain. You willingly accepted that risk when you made the decision to buy before having all the fact that you needed (what those facts are will differ from person to person). For all other updates and the three licence DLCs there have been a list on the forums here what they contained at time of release as well as multiple YouTube videos going over every part of what the updates/packs contains. If you can't spare 10-15 minutes to review those and instead play the game with your blindly purchased new DLC I, in my opinion, don't think you can complain that you didn't get what you were expecting. I have the same stance on voting for political parties etc. If you don't vote (but have the right to vote) they you can't complain about the policies and politics being executed by the winning party/person.

I just really hope the pack is worth the price, so I can buy it with certitude. Otherwise I'll wait until a price drop, or it is combined with other DLC's as a more sizable pack with a better value proposition.

See, this is how everyone should treat anything they buy. You either do your research and if you find the value good, you buy it. If not you either wait until the price drops to a level you think it is worth or you skip buying it altogether.

As a side note and interesting analogy to this whole "smaller DLC packs" discussion. "Everyone" (here in USA) today complains about the huge packs of TV channels your [provider throws at you. You can't only get the channels you watch, you have to get a gazillion other channels you would never watch. You have to pay for them regardless. That is how I see a huge expansion to be. You get a lot of good stuff (the channels you want to watch) but you potentially also have to pay for a, maybe, even bigger part of the expansion package you will never use. People here would rather have a à la carte selection of TV channels and just pay for the ones they actually watch. (funny how you still have to pay for ad financed channels like you have for the licensed DLCs we got here earlier...). With this said, I prefer the smaller DLCs like the spooky pack since I can chose what I want to buy and if there is a theme, new ride or whatever it may be that I don't want/like, I don't have to spend money on it. Choices are good, at least when we talk about the size of the packaged and updated we have gotten so far. Paying for just an individual scenery item would not work because the DLC store at Steam would just be too cluttered with 1000s of items. And for the fact that both Steam and Frontier probably would lose money just on fees to the credit card companies for such small chargers. But I would pay for a single ride.

How will we know when it is available to buy? Keep checking Steam? I suppose it won't be available for several hours yet. It is 2:38 AM here in the eastern US.

Like with all the other updates this probably will arrive around dinertime in Europe.

So Aprox 18:00 is my bet. Most of the times it was at least.

Still would love to see a list of content before release.

Like with all the other updates this probably will arrive around dinertime in Europe.

So Aprox 18:00 is my bet. Most of the times it was at least.

Still would love to see a list of content before release.

Aww that means I will have to wait untill saturday

He guys,
I am super excited for the DLC and can't wait to work with it, but I have a question on buying it.

My brother and I share the game, but over different computers (via Steam Family Sharing) and eventhough I can run the game as it is supposed to, I am curious if I could buy the DLC on my PC or if that needs to be done on his PC, since he bought the game and thus his computer is the main computer holding the game.

As said, the game works fine and I can download things from the workshop, so thats all good. The only problem I noticed is that I can't upload something to the workshop (which is not that necessary for me anyway), but might that same problem work out if I buy the DLC on my 'secondary' computer? In other words; can I buy the DLC and make it work for the both of us, or does he needs to buy it?

I am asking this to make sure we buy it the correct way, and not waste 10 bucks on something which will not work :p

Thanks in advance.
Blue Spirit

Top Bottom