The Dev Dairy detective!

The new Dev Dairy is finally out! We scored several times over the 50 by "Let's count". We said we want a new one. We waited a long time, But it is here. We can watch the new Dev Dairy! And what do you see Amazing things! But what do we miss? I'm going to show you some things that you didn't saw or think about.

Roads (0:23)
Yeah we saw roads. Yes we can do curved roads... Old news! But wait. Look at those curved QUEUES. Damn I love that word! "Queue" [squeeeeee][squeeeeee]

Get In! (0:23) I know you didn't see this one coming! I know you didn't saw this in the video. Look on the right side of the queue. You see the ride. But did you see that the Guest, Peeps, Coenies (How do we call those persons?) walk to their card? They plop in to the card but first they walk to it. I'm sure that Frontier is going to edit the animation how people get in the card but this is already awesome! O wait! They leave their card as well.

Redo Button! (0:39)
Ow yes! They did it! Frontier readed the forum and they saw the threat! If you look on in the highest left corner you can see a undo and a redo button! This is amazing! Frontier, hell yeah!

Test your track (1:07)
Not everything is a good thing in this threat. This is something that isn't a real gamechanger but this disappointing to see. You can't test your track while you are building this. You can see that the test button isn't higlighted... Is Frontier going to make Ghosttrains? Hopefully! [yesnod]

The share planet (4:40)
I know you saw this but I just wanted to take credit of the idea! I was first!
Maybe a 3d hologram of the world where you can set the place where you want to place your themepark!

If you found something let it know! If you have feedback or something you want to say please place a comment.
-Coen Smeets

Ps. If you find a men without facial hair in this Dev Dairy who works for Frontier you get a shout-out in this threat! [squeeeeee]

Last edited:
No 3D Grass (4:40)
As mention here we will not get 3D grass (for now).

Locked on 30 fps (0:40)
The game looks locked at 30fps. Maybe they will change it later.

Queues
JVUJt4R.png

Bacon Ipsum
For web developers: They are using Bacon Ipsum (not important for you guys, 4:42)

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/maYufgvcRis?t=41s - Screaming Swing in the bottom left corner. Plus a new kiddie ride we haven't seen before in the top middle.

https://youtu.be/maYufgvcRis?t=57s - Screaming swing again, top left.

https://youtu.be/maYufgvcRis?t=2m5s - Love how the workers move around in their stalls, really brings a new level of atmosphere.

https://youtu.be/maYufgvcRis?t=2m29s - That sand looks incredible. I love how the edges are kind of randomly uneven, make it a lot more realistic. It even looks like the guests will leave footprints. Although not sure it's an actual walk way or just terrain. It looks like a walk way because there are benches on it, but I also saw in the video where you can put benches outside of walk ways, so not sure. Either way, it looks really cool.

Crazy good Dev Diary btw, it has me very excited and I'm gonna look into upgrading my computer even, lol.

Dark Coaster, not Dark Rides (at least, not for now)...

Thank you to the developers having said that in the video ... now everyone will believe that it is possible to make darkrides ... [down]

I didn't say,and the dev's didn't either, that they have Dark rides now, just that they are looking into the possibilties of Dark Rides now that they are able to create so much with the modular building...just listen at 2:20. [happy]

I think it all looked just amazing! I can't wait, just a bit over a month away and we can finally mess with this thing!

I didn't say,and the dev's didn't either, that they have Dark rides now, just that they are looking into the possibilties of Dark Rides now that they are able to create so much with the modular building...just listen at 2:20. [happy]
Hummm, I'm not sure this is the meaning of his sentence. He talk about the fact that a coaster can go through tunnel, under the mountain.

I think he talk about "rides" (A coaster in this exemple) "that are in the dark" (because it's under the mountain, so it's dark) and so, he say "darkride", but I think it's not related to real darkrides.

Anyway, if your interpretation is the right one, I would be (very very very) happy to be wrong !!! [yesnod]

I dont know why this is not mentioned:
Kn1pES4.png

I see we can build streets. Why can we build streets? Well... because we can do what we want... :D
Also the date is a secret hint: release date will be 4/6/2016 for sure :p

Top Bottom