PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Finally I get the PvP salt I deserve :D

So... let me just run through this to get it straight, BM.
All pumped up from pew-pew in a CZ with a lady friend, you see a clean CMDR, scan him, and because he's got a KWS decide he's fair game. (Don't quite follow your logic there, but what the hey.)
You attack and he tries to evade you via a low wake, but you're not having that are you? So you pursue and attack again. Then he leaves the game, (maybe in frustration, maybe in panic, maybe even in fear, who knows? You certainly didn't.)
You could have left it right there, but no, you go poking around on Inara to find further reason to despise him. Because you consider him wealthy enough not to care about your gratuitous attack, you then come on here humble bragging knowing full well you'll get the usual approbation and back slaps from all the usual suspects. Well... pardon me if I remain unimpressed. But whatever... bravo CMDR, you've joined the tough guy club.
One small step for a man, one giant leap to gank kind.
We were switching Carcosa to Anarchy ...
(which by the way worked and now Colonia has an assorted selection of Fed and Alliance ships available, you may thank us later)
To do that, we cleared CZs for the opposing faction.
The ruling faction of the system at the time would've been positively affected by bounty hunting, so diametrally opposed to what we were doing.
So I decided to interdict that CMDR. My aim sucks, so he low waked (if he had highwaked, I had achieved my goal of suppressing him handing in bounties).
After the low wake he went to the nav beacon, a totally nonsensical decision except if he wanted to hunt even more, so I followed him. There, we contacted
him, and I didn't even shoot but he logged.
And I always look up CMDRs in Inara, because I was interested in what squadron he was in. Some people don't even show their ships or assets nowadays, but he did.
I made a bad call, because later I learned the CMDR I attacked even fought on our side for some time, but that's life.
But seriously, 5.3 Billion and won't take a 2 Million Vulture rebuy? Don't fly in open then...
Sorry, I don't care if you're unimpressed, I didn't want to impress you and I didn't name and shame...

I'll get my D rated Sidewinder, and broadcast my location. Please record my deaths.
I'm sorry, I now see how that could be misinterpreted, Actually, I always friend-invite people I know from the Forums to do whatever stuff is available in game, be it PvE or PvP. Sometimes I make friends, sometimes not. But I didn't want to make the impression that I would've tried to "lure you to open" to gank you, far from it.
Sorry, if you got that meaning of my words :confused:

I'm sorry, I now see how that could be misinterpreted, Actually, I always friend-invite people I know from the Forums to do whatever stuff is available in game, be it PvE or PvP. Sometimes I make friends, sometimes not. But I didn't want to make the impression that I would've tried to "lure you to open" to gank you, far from it.
Sorry, if you got that meaning of my words :confused:

No insult taken. I'm just a silly old dog. I like Big Mac's. :)

Maybe a "Ralph Punching Bag" might make a good You Tube Channel. Might make for a reason for an alt account. Remember Chief Inspector Dreyfus, and the Clouseau Punching Bag? :)

Or make it a leader board metric: "Killed X Commander Shield-less Sidewinders" :)

So... let me just run through this to get it straight, BM.
All pumped up from pew-pew in a CZ with a lady friend, you see a clean CMDR, scan him, and because he's got a KWS decide he's fair game. (Don't quite follow your logic there, but what the hey.)

When there's a critical war for system control at stake, every CMDR you don't know is potentially working for the enemy. You don't get a criminal status for working CZs, so yes, clean CMDRs are also suspect. You'd know this if you had a clue. As BigM was doing the scans, I was trying to hail him with simple questions about his intent in the system. He didn't respond.

You attack and he tries to evade you via a low wake, but you're not having that are you? So you pursue and attack again. Then he leaves the game, (maybe in frustration, maybe in panic, maybe even in fear, who knows? You certainly didn't.)
You could have left it right there, but no, you go poking around on Inara to find further reason to despise him.

Of course we pursued - running instead of answering my comms implies he had something to hide. Again, if you had a clue you'd know this is standard practice when a system is in conflict and you're trying to win the war.

Well... pardon me if I remain unimpressed. But whatever... bravo CMDR, you've joined the tough guy club.

I don't think BigM's here to impress sanctimonious bystanders. Thanks to his efforts and those of our other pilots, we won control of the system with a Total Victory, and that's what matters to us.

So good to see you posting again CMDR Kari, the place just hasn't the been the same without that bitter condescension of yours. Glad to see you've at least had the grace to remove the Imperial crest from your sig, it's nobility just didn't ever suit you somehow.
As I said BM, bravo. If you insist on taking another forum user's simple response to your vaunting as 'the salt you deserve', then clearly you do deserve it. 07 CMDRs.

You could have left it right there, but no, you go poking around on Inara to find further reason to despise him. Because you consider him wealthy enough not to care about your gratuitous attack, you then come on here humble bragging knowing full well you'll get the usual approbation and back slaps from all the usual suspects. Well... pardon me if I remain unimpressed. But whatever... bravo CMDR, you've joined the tough guy club.
As I said BM, bravo. If you insist on taking another forum user's simple response to your vaunting as 'the salt you deserve', then clearly you do deserve it. 07 CMDRs.

You seemed to take issue with my use of the word "simple". Let me simply (lol) say that I meant it in the sense of 'honest', 'straightforward', 'direct', 'unaffected'. Not in the sense of 'uncomplicated' or lacking thought. I do understand that nuanced use of language is almost certainly out of place here.

As for your ganking, of noobs or anyone, go ahead. You and others here may be mistaking me for someone who could care less. I have yet to determine the right way to express sardonic laughter in typed words on a forum, but believe me it wells up richly when I read words of spite and mockery here. 07 CMDR

You seemed to take issue with my use of the word "simple". Let me simply (lol) say that I meant it in the sense of 'honest', 'straightforward', 'direct', 'unaffected'. Not in the sense of 'uncomplicated' or lacking thought. I do understand that nuanced use of language is almost certainly out of place here.

As for your ganking, of noobs or anyone, go ahead. You and others here may be mistaking me for someone who could care less. I have yet to determine the right way to express sardonic laughter in typed words on a forum, but believe me it wells up richly when I read words of spite and mockery here. 07 CMDR
That's the problem with forum communication, despite me using way too many emojis, I still get misunderstood or understand others wrong * shrugs *

I have yet to determine the right way to express sardonic laughter in typed words on a forum, but believe me it wells up richly when I read words of spite and mockery here. 07 CMDR
You've given a good definition there of 'Salt Mining'. Im glad you enjoy it, it shows you the common ground you have with gankers. Youre enjoying the dark side already, why not just accept who you are, load up the grombombs and go discover yourself. :)

You've given a good definition there of 'Salt Mining'. Im glad you enjoy it, it shows you the common ground you have with gankers. Youre enjoying the dark side already, why not just accept who you are, load up the grombombs and go discover yourself. :)
An amusing suggestion! I like to believe that I have things in common with every player of the game, even if I myself find combat and conflict to be somewhat tiresome. I am perhaps strange in that I hold in my mind the belief that human beings have the capacity to communicate with each other (sometimes heatedly) without the process needing to be viewed as conflict driven.
As for discovering myself, who can truly say they have ever done so? That is a process which never ends, something explorers learn. :)

No insult taken. I'm just a silly old dog. I like Big Mac's. :)

Maybe a "Ralph Punching Bag" might make a good You Tube Channel. Might make for a reason for an alt account. Remember Chief Inspector Dreyfus, and the Clouseau Punching Bag? :)

Or make it a leader board metric: "Killed X Commander Shield-less Sidewinders" :)
Everyone loves BigMacs. Except CMDR Burgerking, my eternal enemy. He is K-O-S :LOL:
Whale clubbing?
Perfect :)

Top Bottom