ANNOUNCEMENT April Update - Coming 23 April 2019

Might also be the 3.4 way to legit combat log.

Multi crew egress already exists. But yeah in theory, this would be yet another way to leave a dangerous situation. But in reality, digging through your menus while a ganker is shooting you isn't necessarily a viable way to escape.

Hello folks,

Just wanted to address some of the concerns regarding botting raised in this thread. Firstly, we want to make it extremely clear that we do not tolerate botting, client manipulation or cheating and that doing so violates the EULA and Terms of Use agreed to when signing up for a Frontier account.

While we will not go into details regarding individual botting reports, we can confirm that we do investigate all reports thoroughly and take action against accounts that are found to be breaking the Terms of Use.

We'd like to assure you that we take each and every bot report very seriously and that we appreciate your continued reports and vigilance, helping to keep Elite Dangerous a fair and inclusive game.
Hello Will,

I wish I could believe that the team is doing everything they can against botting, but the evidence says a totally different thing. Maybe (and I say maybe) it would help to know what you actually do, and if you only check when requested then it's not enough.

I don't want to go offtopic too much, but these modules (even if will help a lot newbies and I've got anything against them) will help bot-abusers too, and that's a consequence that can't be underestimated.

So what I (and many others) would like to see is something more effective done against bots, to answer to reports is clearly not enough: being a customer I want to play the game, not spending my time to keep reporting anything suspicious in the game.

It can't be your customers' job: it's your job, and as a company you're doing a really bad job about that.

But what if I don't want to start in a beginner system and just want to be chuck out into the big wild, dangerous galaxy? Is that possible?
Perhaps one of the starting systems for the more adventurous voyagers is called Bajor and has a wormhole that drops you somewhere in the Delta Quadrant?

Like the additions to make it easier for new players, if you buy a new ship and don't want them sell them and put something else in the slots

o7

You didin't get an answer cause it's mentioned in the first post. It's a small slot.

Free module slots for everyone!

With the introduction of these new modules, small ships will be outfitted with two additional size one Optional Internal slots, while medium and large ships will also receive one additional Optional Internal slot. This will automatically and retroactively apply to all relevant ships.

nowhere does it specify the size

Imagine. The people who are bringing up botting are people who've been able to recognize this due to botters bragging about their exploits in open. You say you investigate reports seriously but I don't know. Something about that tells me that this is a lie.

SDC's investigated illegitimate (non-menu log) combat logging and has graded FDev on reports in the past. This was responded to by "oh we just fell asleep that day at the office" The super thread on the bots doing undermining for the Alliance by giving them worthless systems still has yet to be responded to by a representative. By what people can see and report, they've done your job for you. Some of the community going above and beyond doing what QA should be doing.

All because they have a passion for this game to succeed.

Botting will be fully unchecked. It's already unchecked. How are people supposed to report botting that occurs in PG/Solo? I guarantee botting happens way more than it does so in Open play. Stop lying to save face, thanks.

If this thread did something well it was highlighting the fundamental schism in the player base. There are people who approach the game as something to be mastered and a challenge to be overcome, and there are people who approach the game as an opportunity for escapism and relaxation. If you think about it, pretty much every issue that divides the player base runs down these lines. Frontier has to balance the game around these different playing styles.

"Oh but people won't master the system if we give them tools to automate things!"

Well the only one who is concerned about other people mastering the system is you. They certainly don't care if they "mastered" the system or not, it's not why they play.

The same applies to concerns of making the game "too accessible" or "too noob friendly". If these are all things that people can opt-in, then in what way does it affect your game? My working theory is because you're not concerned about the game itself, but rather how people outside perceive the game, and by extension, you. You want people to believe you mastered a hardcore simulator where nothing comes easy, and making the game more accessible dilutes that perception.

Hello Will,

I wish I could believe that the team is doing everything they can against botting, but the evidence says a totally different thing. Maybe (and I say maybe) it would help to know what you actually do, and if you only check when requested then it's not enough.

I don't want to go offtopic too much, but these modules (even if will help a lot newbies and I've got anything against them) will help bot-abusers too, and that's a consequence that can't be underestimated.

So what I (and many others) would like to see is something more effective done against bots, to answer to reports is clearly not enough: being a customer I want to play the game, not spending my time to keep reporting anything suspicious in the game.

It can't be your customers' job: it's your job, and as a company you're doing a really bad job about that.

I’m sorry, but you seem to be experienced with bots issues. Can you please elaborate here what is the bots’ impact for a casual Commander, apart from it being unethical? Do you mean the BGS is messed up by such actions or...? I’m trully interested how few bots might mess up my funtimes in-game?

Now, I totally agree that enormously stupid decisions, probably both managerial and technical, have been made along the way. But I'd still choose the approach Elite took over the Star Citizen one any given day. We've actually had a game we enjoy and care about, even with it warts, from day one. And it's been developed further, mostly but not always for the better.
I agree.. but this is all speculation of course because we don't know the actual financial situation for elite dangerous so no one can really tell what's the truth

nowhere does it specify the size
U better read it better, it does say size 1!!!!

"Free module slots for everyone!

With the introduction of these new modules, small ships will be outfitted with two additional size one Optional Internal slots, while medium and large ships will also receive one additional Optional Internal slot. This will automatically and retroactively apply to all relevant ships. "

Will, if you plan in the future to also make the game more welcoming to beginners and experienced players, removing boring or long minutes of meaningless waiting from the game, can we expect such a module as a "magnetic beam" to collect only materials for engineers? because in other games where things fall out from opponents to improve equipment, they are collected atomatically or by a single click. Collecting cargo using drones can be left as is.

Imagine. The people who are bringing up botting are people who've been able to recognize this due to botters bragging about their exploits in open. You say you investigate reports seriously but I don't know. Something about that tells me that this is a lie.

SDC's investigated illegitimate (non-menu log) combat logging and has graded FDev on reports in the past. This was responded to by "oh we just fell asleep that day at the office" The super thread on the bots doing undermining for the Alliance by giving them worthless systems still has yet to be responded to by a representative. By what people can see and report, they've done your job for you. Some of the community going above and beyond doing what QA should be doing.

All because they have a passion for this game to succeed.

Botting will be fully unchecked. It's already unchecked. How are people supposed to report botting that occurs in PG/Solo? I guarantee botting happens way more than it does so in Open play. Stop lying to save face, thanks.

In Solo every ship but me seems to be botting tbh

Top Bottom