ANNOUNCEMENT April Update - Coming 23 April 2019

Deleted member 110222

D
Ermh...HRP's are insanely powerful when added 2x class 1 to a small ship :/
...but maybe it is what we need...
I agree. I recently wiped save, and small ships need all the help they can get from FDL rail monsters. I speak from receiving experience.

I'm loving the supercruise autopilot feature. Flying a ship in supercruise is stupidly easy once you learn how to do it, and approaching stations using the 75% throttle rule means I never miss and do the loop of shame (I have MANY times while learning of course.) Once you get this down pat, the flying in a straight line in supercruise to a distant station or planet is extremely boring and does nothing to add to the gameplay or challenge of the game. The autopilot feature does however make it more convenient to explore stations, pois and planets that are far away in SC a much more attractive and realistic proposition for me.

I do agree though that a docking computer that can also take off and exit the station for you is a bit much. I don't use docking computers only because flying in regular space is about the most actual fun gameplay this game offers.

Seriously? That's "elitist" of you. New players really struggle with these things, and even veterans like me have asked for autopilots for those long-haul supercruise cargo runs. If Frontier had removed manual docking from the game, then I could see reason to stomp out angrily, but everything here is 100% optional. If you're seriously quitting over this, well...

Funny thing is, he's complaining about improvements that were in the earlier games - everything from Frontier Elite II (I can't say for the original) had an in system autopilot that you could buy. Granted it was almost a requirement in that game (where it is just a nice to have here) but it was always there.

There is one thing mind, I remember the "Advanced Docking Computer" from those games, it quite frequently killed you...

So if I want to play with my friend that is just starting out, does this mean I can't come with my ship in his starter system to help him and show him some basics?

Thanks Will and FDev. A nice update with more features than I was expecting. The announcement was also nicely timed with the Black Hole photo announcement. (y)

I'm loving the supercruise autopilot feature. Flying a ship in supercruise is stupidly easy once you learn how to do it, and approaching stations using the 75% throttle rule means I never miss and do the loop of shame (I have MANY times while learning of course.) Once you get this down pat, the flying in a straight line in supercruise to a distant station or planet is extremely boring and does nothing to add to the gameplay or challenge of the game. The autopilot feature does however make it more convenient to explore stations, pois and planets that are far away in SC a much more attractive and realistic proposition for me.

It also makes it a more appealing prospect to get out of your seat at some point in the future. ;)

This sounds very good.
I do have a question. Are you still looking into the possibility of introducing VR for PS4? Or is this already written off?

I do agree though that a docking computer that can also take off and exit the station for you is a bit much. I don't use docking computers only because flying in regular space is about the most actual fun gameplay this game offers.

I don't know, I think there's a place for it .. Beluga for instance is a cruise ship liner, with very little in the way of clearance and chances are redundant slots if all you're taking is passengers. As usual I think, if you don't like it, don't fit one.

I can't really quite guess what some of the cockpit panel changes are until they arrive, so will look forward to. My Chieftain mining ship thanks FD for the extra slot though!

Hello folks,

Just wanted to address some of the concerns regarding botting raised in this thread. Firstly, we want to make it extremely clear that we do not tolerate botting, client manipulation or cheating and that doing so violates the EULA and Terms of Use agreed to when signing up for a Frontier account.

While we will not go into details regarding individual botting reports, we can confirm that we do investigate all reports thoroughly and take action against accounts that are found to be breaking the Terms of Use.

We'd like to assure you that we take each and every bot report very seriously and that we appreciate your continued reports and vigilance, helping to keep Elite Dangerous a fair and inclusive game.

Saying you don't tolerate botting is not the same as taking pro-active concrete action. I am still waiting for your reply on this topic from last year. You know, the one where you said to ping you on Discord to ensure you dealt with it. The only FD staff I have experienced taking this serious was a QA person who looked into it in spare time, but couldn't get support internally. The dialogue we've offered with you repeatedly, and you said you were interested in, never happened.

But thanks for the boilerplate.

Definitely a nice update for novices, and that was the stated plan so fair play to you!

Personally I like docking (and undocking) manually, but an extra slot is always appreciated.
(That didn't seem as dodgy in my head as it does written down)

I never do the Loop of Shame, I sometimes use the Dip of Minor Embarrassment if I need to.

Pleased to have more info available from the cockpit too, always glad of stuff to read on those long journeys.

Pretty good update after all that silence. Have you guys been talking to Sean Murray?

Top Bottom