ANNOUNCEMENT April Update - Coming 23 April 2019

I’m sorry, but you seem to be experienced with bots issues. Can you please elaborate here what is the bots’ impact for a casual Commander, apart from it being unethical? Do you mean the BGS is messed up by such actions or...? I’m trully interested how few bots might mess up my funtimes in-game?

Is a good place to start.

Beginners' Zone
Across the galaxy, new Commanders will also have a reduced rebuy until they gain their first Combat, Trade or Exploration rank, a step in the path towards greatness!

Advanced Docking Computer
This module will also come as standard in all newly-purchased small ships. If you're starting up a new account, you will find the Advanced Docking Computer in your ship from the get-go - making it easier for you to embark and disembark from your favourite stations without colliding with the walls, landing pads or your fellow Commanders.
Two questions:
1. As the starting sidewinder is free, there's no rebuy, so what's the point of a reduction?
2. Will the Advanced Docking Computer fill a slot and so can be removed? - I'm old school ;)

I like, but we need more interactvity with other players and friends. We need more conductions in missions to envolve us on the lore.
And for sure, we need space legs in the ship to admirate the sky and feel more free....
But i like This update

If this thread did something well it was highlighting the fundamental schism in the player base. There are people who approach the game as something to be mastered and a challenge to be overcome, and there are people who approach the game as an opportunity for escapism and relaxation. If you think about it, pretty much every issue that divides the player base runs down these lines. Frontier has to balance the game around these different playing styles.

I think a slightly more accurate description would be that there are many different activities where players fall on an 'git gud' ---- 'noob' axis. Some people want to do insane FA off tricks near surfaces, but think landing for the 10000th time can be better replaced by putting the kettle on. Some abhor automated landing and want to do it in FA off with 'station rotation' off for an extra challenge, but don't care about combat and use gimbals/turrets to deal with it as easily as possible. Some dont like any challenge and just want to watch space in all its glory, others are looking for Dark Souls In Space. There are dozens of different player profiles which FD tries to balance. And in my opinion, every style that can be supported without unduly burdening others is welcome. So as long as FD doesnt force me to use a docking computer, others are welcome to it. :)

Now, I totally agree that enormously stupid decisions, probably both managerial and technical, have been made along the way. But I'd still choose the approach Elite took over the Star Citizen one any given day. We've actually had a game we enjoy and care about, even with it warts, from day one. And it's been developed further, mostly but not always for the better.

I have no issue helping new starters, but having this remain passed a rank is silly. Elite dangerous should be dangerous hard and have risk. More the higher your ranks

Even special missions with feds and imperial once you gain ranks with them.

Feels a bit like starcitizen with their quantum drive, self slowing and even getting to a point in other side of planet is auto. No point in having a pilot

U better read it better, it does say size 1!!!!

"Free module slots for everyone!

With the introduction of these new modules, small ships will be outfitted with two additional size one Optional Internal slots, while medium and large ships will also receive one additional Optional Internal slot. This will automatically and retroactively apply to all relevant ships. "

i literally highlighted the part with yellow where it does not specify the size of the additional 1 slot for medium/large ship. ¯\(ツ)

This is scooper ! Auto undocking is something I welcome as it's tricky to leave a station in a large ship without clipping the mail slot toaster rack thing. Great work folks !

Thank you Will,

This has been awaited for quite a while and I can now look forward to playing with the new toys, you have also helped content creators who have supported Fdev for a very long time.

Many many thanks for the update and look forward to the stream.

Nutter o7

More slots? Really? I am concerned by the power creep. The balance was fragile enough as it was.

It's strange, I always thought I was a white knight, but this must be what salt tastes like...

i literally highlighted the part with yellow where it does not specify the size of the additional 1 slot for medium/large ship. ¯\(ツ)

Awesome semantic analysis. So if somebody tells you that he's going to get himself and drink will and also bring you one, you wonder if you will get a banana or a pizza?

nowhere does it specify the size

For someone who plays an open world game based on the Milky way galaxy, you really need to open your mind mate. The former sentence specified the type of slot, while the latter specified regarding ship sizes. Welcome to Elite. If you like something simpler, I'd suggest the FPS genre, I play the genre too. There are some pretty good options should you be interested.

To follow on from my earlier comments...

Most of what is here sounds pretty great.
I'm certainly keen to see how the UI changes pan out, these sound like some good changes and I particularly like the idea of decent linkage back to a new pilot manual.
And there is a new pilots manual, that seemed a super good idea since we got the codex so be interested to see how that pans out. Should be big improvement.
The various trade and other information changes sound positve too, so... Generally good :)

Not a huge fan of a start systems thing, that sounds unnecessarily world/lore breaking, more effort but could we have had a more extenisve training thing - sounds like we are getting scenarios from the cockpit so... Why not more of this? Hmm.. I still like the idea of a separated mini-training scenario world you can try things out in generally, but that starts to sound complicated. Anyway.

Then back to those modules, that stills seems a really clunky way to do things - give them to everyone like happened with the new scanners.
I'm kind of curious to know why that hasn't been done - seems like the obvious and less rage inducing thing to do...
Is it that adding specific UI controls to disable them is too much effort?? That seems a touch worrying - you can add a new module and control behaviour but not add a UI element to switch it on and off? Err..
What is going on here.

I just started playing the game about 5 weeks ago and "Quality of Life" and "new player experience" have been the only negative things I have to say about it.

Pretty awesome update news, in my book.

Then back to those modules, that stills seems a really clunky way to do things - give them to everyone like happened with the new scanners.
I'm kind of curious to know why that hasn't been done - seems like the obvious and less rage inducing thing to do...
Is it that adding specific UI controls to disable them is too much effort?? That seems a touch worrying - you can add a new module and control behaviour but not add a UI element to switch it on and off? Err..

....we can use the size 1 slot (or 2 slots on small ships) for something completely different if we don't want either of these things. It's better this way.

Last edited:
...did someone say new slots?!?!

How about an option to just play the docking music once we get our landing pad assignment? I would love to hear the first 10 seconds of Johann Strauss II before landing over the screaming of station traffic control about my speed.

I just started playing the game about 5 weeks ago and "Quality of Life" and "new player experience" have been the only negative things I have to say about it.

Pretty awesome update news, in my book.

....we can use the size 1 slot (or 2 slots on small ships) for something completely different if we don't want either of these things. It's better this way.

You obviously haven't started the different grinds yet. Rank grinds, weapon grinds, faction grinds, alien tech grinds, credit grinds and more....

Top Bottom