Hey Clicker,

GitHub seems to be pretty powerful feature wise, so it may be possible to do something where it merges some updates and not others to a file. I think for the time saved to set your preferences again (maybe less than a min?), writing a custom script for it seems a bit of overkill lol. If it can be automated some how through GitHub though, that would be cool. Just all a little beyond my understanding at the moment o_O

PS. Nice work on the TARGET Script and curve mappings you recently shared! (y)

Cheers, AD

Hey Thades,

Thanks for dropping by and letting me know!

In hindsight, I don't know how I missed mixing up the variables for that part of the code, when I added it a whiles back. Such an obvious miss & simple mistake lol. Can imagine its a lot smoother to control now ;)

I was a little hesitant uploading everything to GitHub, but now I can push little updates like this out when issues are reported, so kinda happy I did! Already proven helpful.

Thanks again, AD

Hey Aussie,

Clicker nailed what i ment. My thought on that was that you can overwrite the variables set in the User Preferences. But as far as i understand Clicker you cannot do that.

Ahh gotcha then Disi. Yeah I think it would be hard unless GitHub has some fancy ways of doing it (as I just mentioned). All good, great suggestion, would love to have some easy way of setting everything up like that.

Cheers, AD

Well what im aktuall doing is having a 2nd file where i have my changed prefs in and after every update i'll diff them :D because im to lazy to remeber every setting :sneaky:
Like i said i've had a missunderstanding of TARGET i think. i Thought i would be "easy" to overwrite variables.

Thanks for the amazing work you did!

Hi Aussiedroid.
Thanks a bunch for this script. I have used it to a huge effect! I have recently switched to a Razer Tartarus instead of the Warthhog throttle as I am mainly flying FA OFF now and the throttle makes very little sense (I am still using the throttle switches to set non-important settings).

Now, my huge pain is to transform my previous modifiers (where I previously used "if(Throttle[SPDB]) {code}";) to work with a modifier such as a button on the Tartarus (or a reguler keyboard button). How on earth do I do this? I have tried checking with "if(R_SHIFT) {code}" but it always turns out true (most likely due to R_SHIFT being mapped or something. So question is:

How to use keyboard buttons or keyboard values as modifiers?

ExRex,

Unfortunately, TARGET cannot scan/input external devices as far as I know.
It looks for and combines only non-excluded, supported Thrustmaster devices when the script is run.

It does have a pseudo input function which I thought was for keyboard input, however I’ve not been able to suss out how this works to date. I might have another look today if I get a chance.
The Key Mappings are to tell TARGET what to OUTPUT and not a keyboard input function.

As you’ve already guessed, this will be a huge PITA if you want only one device included (Joystick) and completely disassociate the Throttle but still use AD’s script.

You might find that you need to audit what Joystick functions you want from AD’s script and either unpick anything that uses Throttle modifiers, or write your own and perhaps use AutoHotKey in conjunction with TARGET script to achieve what you are after? Then we start getting a bit messy.

I’ve read that quite a few players who have mix-n-match controllers often use something like Joystick Gremlin rather than something like TARGET or Logitech’s scripting equivalent etc. in cases like yours.

Clicker

Last edited:
Hey ExRex,

Thanks a lot!

There are some compromises if you use other non-Thrustmaster devices. They can still be used in conjuction, but cannot (as far as I know) be added into the script itself. Clicker shared some great alternatives to try to replicate the functionality though.

Mapping keyboard mappings to the Razer should be fine to just map to what is already mapped in the binding file using Razer's software. Then you can use either the Throttle or the Razer to fire the key. Axis are limited though to one mapping, so may need to move those across and unmap on Throttle as required or use the digital equivalent. Its just the combo/modifier keys that add some complexity unfortunately, where AutoHotKey or something might be needed.

Cheers, AD

Thanks a bunch, both of you. Not the answer I was hoping for tbh.

So a neat bit of info is that VJoy currently is no longer supported and will not install on some Windows 10 installations (including mine) = no Joystick Gremlin = sucks.

I tried messing around more with AHK but I am a super noob at it and I often see missed clicks with using it (e.g. enabling the joystick 2Joy1 and tell it to press left mouse button each time the fire button is pressed). The modifier keys can be configured in a million ways and I never seem to get a 99% consistent use case out of it.

Anyways, thanks a bunch once again. I think I will continue using the AussieDroid script (so I can actually play) and then use S4 as modifier instead, while screwing around with AHK. The S4 is a little uncomfortable when using additional scripts for the POV, H1, H2 and H3 joystick buttons though...

Researched a bit about adding a non-TM device to TARGET, and seems that it is kinda possible. The device needs to have an option to change the PID identifier, which would then spoof the software to thinking its a TM device (it seems). Expect most devices won't let you do this though, and I don't think you can add another PID to TARGET for additional devices (afaik).

Example I found was here: https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/awfvfe Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/awfvfe/how_to_use_vpc_devices_with_target/

On the hardware topic for a moment, I ran into some issues with my MFG Crosswind recently (again) where the main Z axis was constantly getting out of alignment. This video resolved my issues (just linking for future reference, since I am sure this will happen to me again lol):
Source: https://youtu.be/HbOAXS3Uefk?t=521

Also started to search around for mods/upgrades for the Warthog as I might need to replace my wearing hat switches at some point. Doesn't seem to be any 3rd party sources for such things I could find. Does anyone know of one? or a good maintenance video.. Think after 1000+ hours it might need a service.

Seems most people go back to Thrustmaster Support who sell some parts. Anyways, I did come across this mod in the process that looks interesting for the slew: https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

Might get one .. wonder what else is out there...

AD

Got a similar problem with my Warthog. The HAT/POV switch on the dual throttle seems to suffer from wear, "Left" does not work 100% anymore.
Contacted Thrustmaster support for a replacement switch.

An analogue stick would be quite nice, keep us up-to-date if you plan to add one. ;)
Would be nice to replace the mouse thingy on the throttle, currently it's rather not "ergonomic".

Last edited:
Hey Clicker,

Thanks! Will check it out.

Hey M. Grey,

Will do .. not sure if I go ahead atm, but might wait and see when they are back in stock. I heard there is meant to be a replacement Warthog(?) around 2020, so the other option is to tough it out till then.

Mine are all still working, but coming a bit loose and less precise.

Curious to know what TM charged you for a replacement switch... hope its not too much.

Cheers, AD

I'll report back once I know what it costs and how the replacing worked.

A Warthog update...that might be interesting.

Small update:
Quick response from support and they will send me a new "Throttle Coolie Hat". Looks easy to replace.
Cost:
Coolie hat: 15,60 €
PP: 14,54€
Payment via PalPal.

Ouch re the postage! doubles the price of the switch (that should be $2)!

And... 30 odd Euros is like $60 dollars in NZ...for a f'n $2 part!
(but, yes, I'd likely also pay that as a replacement HOTAS is NZ$900)

Clicker

Thanks for sharing M. Grey.

I expected it probably wouldn't be that cheap, but does seem a bit high. Good to know its an option though, still cheaper than a new HOTAS :cool:

Cheers, AD

Last edited:
Researched a bit about adding a non-TM device to TARGET, and seems that it is kinda possible. The device needs to have an option to change the PID identifier, which would then spoof the software to thinking its a TM device (it seems). Expect most devices won't let you do this though, and I don't think you can add another PID to TARGET for additional devices (afaik).

Example I found was here: https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/awfvfe Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/awfvfe/how_to_use_vpc_devices_with_target/

[...]
AD

Hey AD.

Thanks for researching further. I have spent a week scripting Autohotkey each evening and testing everything out and I can safely say that I have found a solution to use a keyboard modifier key to enable further key presses. However, you need to map buttons on the TM devices to keyboard keys and as a result have to economise with which macros are really needed. Pip macros or any macros that ignore a key press and enables another need to be mapped to keys that do not output characters (f1-f12 etc) because it will create funny results while in the chat window :).

Anyways, I will post the AHK script later when I am on
My PC.

Top Bottom