What other games are we all playing?

My Clan has been actively playing Division 2 primarily...with a bit of Anthem when we can tolerate the issues with it. Still is fun with a bunch of friends.

I'm still enjoying AC Odyssey. On my third playthrough on NG+, now. This game really fell into place with me. Amazing relaxation.
Anthem with friends every Tuesday and Friday and Elite for the rest of the week.

I re-bought Starfleet Command from Gog. I was absolutely rubbish at it but thought I'd give it another go. It turns out that I was playing it wrong. I thought it was based on the old FASA Star-ship Tactical Combat Simulator tabletop game (A major inspiration for the Elite Miniatures game I'm working on), when it's really based on the Starfleet Battles table top game. One of the major differences is that in SFB, a starship's phasers are short range weapons and the the photon torpedoes can hit at long/medium range when the FASA game was the other way round. So I was firing all the right weapons, just at the wrong places.

🤦‍♂️

Worst case of RTFM I've ever had.

Risk of Rain 2. What a literal blast. Simple but oh so much fun. I love the indie graphics too. It's a fun coop game.

I'm absolutely amazed at how it totally captures the feeling of the first game despite throwing it into 3D. I really wasn't sold on the switch to 3D but wow, does it work well!

I recently started Skyrim VR, modded. The first time wolves attacked me in the forest was genuinely frightening, nothing on the 2d monitor comes close!

That's the thing about VR. You can experience genuine gut level fear.

I'm terrified of spiders. There was this once in Skyrim VR where a giant spider snuck up on me and freaked me out.

I've been using a few cool mods that make Skyrim in VR even cooler

1. Dragonborn Speaks Naturally

This allows me to say the dialogue lines to the NPCs using my mic. It also allows me to say the name of the magic spell I want to equip on each hand. I don't have to go into the menus.

2. Immersive Quickslots VR

This creats slots on your hips and behind your shoulders. I can grab my shield, bow, sword or staff at any moment without going into any menu.

3. Way of the Voice

I say the shouts in the dragon language with my own voice. It's a little fussy getting it right but it's so cool learning the dragon language. I probably look like a real idiot.

Last edited:
Conan Exiles PVP Official Server. Everyone you meet is a threat. Every base you build is temporary. When you are logged out you are vulnerable. Your capacity to craft and build progresses, but your gear doesn't stay with you if you are killed or raided. No death is unrecoverable as a result. I like the interplay between creativity and fear/tension.

Back to being Geralt of Rivia for a while...amidst bouts of being Alexis or Cassandra on occasion...
There are so few story focused open world games. After I'm done with Odyssey (I have over 300 hours since launch, which is astounding) I'm probably going to return to The Witcher as well, playing it one more time. Then Inquisition and Andromeda again, I guess. Damn where is that Cyberpunk! :D

Too true mate. It can't be properly announced quick enough. E3 I suppose but that's not till June.
Yeah. I really hope they are going to announce something. People are speculating the game is releasing this year, next year,... and CDPR is silent. I really hope it will be something like this Christmas or spring next year and no further.

Decided to splash out the £20 for the basic Origin package (i feel dirty for giving EA money :( ). Currently massively hooked on Duskers and Opus Magnum :)

Top Bottom