What other games are we all playing?

Decided to splash out the £20 for the basic Origin package (i feel dirty for giving EA money :( ). Currently massively hooked on Duskers and Opus Magnum :)
I am actually subscribed to Origin Access. I don't feel dirty at all, because in two years I've been subscribed (50 quid/year), I basically played (or had chance to play) every game on Origin. Maybe I'm a sheep in somebody's eyes, but I quite like it

If I hadn't bought BFV outright last year I probably would have subbed also. As it is there isn't quite enough on there to justify making the jump for me yet. I'll hold out and see what comes round the corner in the next year or so

See theres a now a trailer for the new Star Wars game Fallen Order doing the rounds along with a release date. Mid November. Don't have a link to hand.

Could this be yet another poorly adapted poorly made game or something of greatness?

Made by Respawn which bodes well though I think.

I am actually subscribed to Origin Access. I don't feel dirty at all, because in two years I've been subscribed (50 quid/year), I basically played (or had chance to play) every game on Origin. Maybe I'm a sheep in somebody's eyes, but I quite like it
I bought into the Origin access Premiere... 75 quid a year and I've certainly had more than my money's worth this year with the top EA titles I've downloaded from Anthem to FIFA 19 and BFV. The way I look at it, it may be EA but value for money is value for money...no matter who it comes from.

I bought into the Origin access Premiere... 75 quid a year and I've certainly had more than my money's worth this year with the top EA titles I've downloaded from Anthem to FIFA 19 and BFV. The way I look at it, it may be EA but value for money is value for money...no matter who it comes from.
Yeah, I see it the same way. It's trendy to hate on EA, but their subscription service is really worth it and I can't say a bad thing about it. I've upgraded to Premiere a couple of times when there was something worth having, too.

Here ya go:

Ooo...I can go back to being a spotty yoof in a game..all broody and moody with Jedi powers....that's almost as dangerous as being a normal teenage girl or a TV celebrity wedding frock designer.

I used to joke with my daughter when she was a teenager that being the father of a teenage daughter was a punishment served on men from the gods for being a complete tool as a young man. ;)

I'll probably be switching back to "quick" games soon like Overwatch, DOA, SWB2, even Fortnite. I'm much busier during non-winter months, so I'm not going to have hours to dedicate to a single gaming session. If I do play ED, it will likely be to just map a couple undiscovered systems per session. I could run a mission or two, but what's the point? BGS requires a certain amount of dedication that I won't have time for, and I already have all the credits and ships I could want.

I won't rule ED out completely until I see what these new CGs are like.

Ooo...I can go back to being a spotty yoof in a game..all broody and moody with Jedi powers....that's almost as dangerous as being a normal teenage girl or a TV celebrity wedding frock designer.

I used to joke with my daughter when she was a teenager that being the father of a teenage daughter was a punishment served on men from the gods for being a complete tool as a young man. ;)

Well I suppose these things have to start somewhere. I'm hopeful here mainly because Respawn are developing it, they did a wonderful job of Titanfall 2 for a recent example. If .... and it is an IF, this is actually a decent game it could spawn a good franchise worth playing. Something the franchise as a whole is sorely lacking for many years now.

Last edited:
Well I suppose these things have to start somewh

Well I suppose these things have to start somewhere. I'm hopeful here mainly because Respawn are developing it, they did a wonderful job of Titanfall 2 for a recent example. If .... and it is an IF, this is actually a decent game it could spawn a good franchise worth playing. Something the franchise as a whole is sorely lacking for many years now.
The sole fact that it is a singleplayer game by EA of all publishers is amazing enough for me to be excited about it.
The only thing that is a bit worrying is the time scale this must have been developed in. I guess they may be big enough to have two separate teams for Apex and this one after the Titanfall 2, but it still feels like a really short period of time to develop something properly.
But in any case, they hit my mood. I've just recently played through the Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy so if they're going to come up with something like THAT, it will be glorious.

I continue to be rather obsessed with Dark Souls III. I've played through it casually over the years, but now I'm on a mission to get gud at it for realz. Have recently started watching soul level one campaigns, and that led to hitless runs by players with god-like skill and I started feeling kind of ridiculous about my own plodding, over leveled sword and board style, the DS analogue to a PvE player in ED farming a CZ or Res in his god wall Cutter/Corvette.

Is it the best game ever made? Maybe. I can't think of one better.

Your point on dev time potentially being short is very valid. I'm thinking it might be a high quality 10-15 hour adventure.

Who knows though, expect to see more at E3.

I've been playing quite a lot of The Division 2. To be honest I'm surprised at how much I've got into it, as those types of game has never really appealled to me before.
Washington D.C looks great and I especially like the way they have depicted society braking down post-event. Enemies are fun and interesting, some great skill challenge and loot everywhere :)

I've been playing quite a lot of The Division 2. To be honest I'm surprised at how much I've got into it, as those types of game has never really appealled to me before.
Washington D.C looks great and I especially like the way they have depicted society braking down post-event. Enemies are fun and interesting, some great skill challenge and loot everywhere :)

I caved on my ubisoft boycott to get this as well. I love the gunplay firefight chaos. Fun game that I'm sure will get insanely fleshed out over the coming years. My favorite thing is just answering random agent backup calls and seeing what kind of ridiculous situations I get thrown into.

This game and Total War Warhammer II finally made me upgrade my videocard. Being able to run all modern and older games at 60 fps + on ultra is really a treat. Its only 1080p but running everything at low and medium 20-30fps the past few years was really bringing me down. 280 bucks for a 1660 ti was finally a reasonable sweet spot that I decided to move on. I'm glad I did.

Played though The Signal From Tolva a couple of weeks ago. Fairly short, semi-open world, first-persion shooter/explorer/adventure game by Big Robot, a tiny developer. Quite enjoyed it, for what it was. Most of the background is left to a pdf booklet that comes with the game, but was well done. Game itself was fairly short, with maybe 20-30 hours of play, depending on how much of a completionist one is. Gameplay was solid, with a reasonably clever death/respawn mechanism that fits well with the setting, and gunplay was pretty decent. Graphics are sorta cell-shaded, but they fit the art style. Story did inspire my curiosity, but is only partially resolved; feels like it's a teaser, or setting up for a sequel. Overall, well worth the five bucks I spent on GoG, and I'd probably recommend it even at the full price.

I caved on my ubisoft boycott to get this as well. I love the gunplay firefight chaos. Fun game that I'm sure will get insanely fleshed out over the coming years. My favorite thing is just answering random agent backup calls and seeing what kind of ridiculous situations I get thrown into.

This game and Total War Warhammer II finally made me upgrade my videocard. Being able to run all modern and older games at 60 fps + on ultra is really a treat. Its only 1080p but running everything at low and medium 20-30fps the past few years was really bringing me down. 280 bucks for a 1660 ti was finally a reasonable sweet spot that I decided to move on. I'm glad I did.

I've largely avoided Ubisoft in the past as well, I did see that Assassin's Creed Odyssey got great reviews which made me consider them in a slightly better light, following on with TD2 in much the same fashion made me relent (for now anyway).

I've yet to try grouping up as I enjoy the solo challenge but once I get to level 30 or maybe after I have a bit of experience with the Black Tusk I might give it a go, it sounds like it could be fun.

That 1660Ti is a very nice card, a worthy upgrade!

il-2 Sturmovik (in VR)

WW2 combat is what all those space starfighter movies are modeled after.

I wish I could convince them to leverage their experience to make a space combat sim.

DCS flight sim, mostly having fun with the Tomcat, Russian Fishing 4 (as I`m addicted to it) and some Sekiro but its too difficult for me I think haha.
I did in fact played some ED few days ago and finally got around on how to use new scanner.

Top Bottom