PvP Don't tell me the odds - Elite Dangerous PvP

While it involves PvE, my friend made it back to the dock last night with 4% hull.
What kind of bounties did you collect?

The Replicated Man

T
While it involves PvE, my friend made it back to the dock last night with 4% hull.
What kind of bounties did you collect?
Not sure what you are asking?
Not bounty hunting in the video, acquired a few bounties from some CMDRs but that was just a bonus.

Not sure what you are asking?
Not bounty hunting in the video, acquired a few bounties from some CMDRs but that was just a bonus.
I'd assumed that anytime you kill a murderer that you'd get a bounty.
I don't know how the bounty system works.

The Replicated Man

T
I'd assumed that anytime you kill a murderer that you'd get a bounty.
I don't know how the bounty system works.
Depends on the scenario. I will usually kill them even if they are clean. Dont have time for a KWS.

The Replicated Man

T
Now I'm just confused.
I thought you were hunting murderers.
Wouldn't a murderer, by definition, NOT be clean?
Let's say you kill someone in one system, then travel to another. You are clean in that system but still wanted for murder in the other one. In order for me to Kill you and claim the bounty on your head in the system that you are wanted in, I have to Scan you with a kill warrant scanner. Due the the stupid low bounties players get for killing another Wanted player, I don't even bother scanning them.

Even if I were to scan a CMDR and find out he is wanted in another system for murder, and I attack him, I would still be breaking the law in the CLEAN system. Regardless, I am going to be wanted either way, and I knew what they were doing (Hovering above Deciat Farseer base killing helpless ships until my wingmate and I showed up, we killed the Beluga and the Conda ran) so we followed them to Eravate and killed them there.

They were wanted for well over 100 million in Deciat alone. Even if we Kill Warrant Scanned them, we would have only received 2 million for the kill. Nothing to sneeze at, but thats chump change imo.

Let's say you kill someone in one system, then travel to another. You are clean in that system but still wanted for murder in the other one. In order for me to Kill you and claim the bounty on your head in the system that you are wanted in, I have to Scan you with a kill warrant scanner. Due the the stupid low bounties players get for killing another Wanted player, I don't even bother scanning them.

Even if I were to scan a CMDR and find out he is wanted in another system for murder, and I attack him, I would still be breaking the law in the CLEAN system. Regardless, I am going to be wanted either way, and I knew what they were doing (Hovering above Deciat Farseer base killing helpless ships until my wingmate and I showed up, we killed the Beluga and the Conda ran) so we followed them to Eravate and killed them there.

They were wanted for well over 100 million in Deciat alone. Even if we Kill Warrant Scanned them, we would have only received 2 million for the kill. Nothing to sneeze at, but thats chump change imo.
That will take me awhile to get my head around.

If you don't mind, some questions:
A. So if you are in wanted in Federal System A you are likely not wanted in Federal System B? That suggests that if I accidently attack a Fed that I could go pay the fine in a different system without getting whacked?

B. You say they were wanted for 100 million in Deciat but you only get 2 million of that?

Thanks in advance.

The Replicated Man

T
That will take me awhile to get my head around.

If you don't mind, some questions:
A. So if you are in wanted in Federal System A you are likely not wanted in Federal System B? That suggests that if I accidently attack a Fed that I could go pay the fine in a different system without getting whacked?

B. You say they were wanted for 100 million in Deciat but you only get 2 million of that?

Thanks in advance.

A. Ok so there are 2 types of bounties in the game. Regular bounties issued by In game Factions in their controlled systems. Then you have the Powerplay Bounties which are Galaxy wide where that power is located. This was a case of a Faction Bounty in the Deciat system. They fly to Eravate, they have yet to commit a crime in Eravate so they are clean there (For the time being). I know that they are wanted in Deciat as I engaged them there. I chase them down and kill them in Eravate which results in me becoming wanted now because they were clean in Eravate. Still worth it as they ate a rebuy.

B. Yes unfortunatly FDEV capped it at 2 Million per Faction. To prevent people from abusing the system and giving money to a friend.
So lets say they are wanted in multiple systems by multiple factions (Lets say 3 systems at 2 mill each) and I Kill Warrant Scan them, I get 6 million.

If they were wanted for 6 million in one system, I would only get 2 mill as that is the CAP per Faction bounty.

I hope I am making sense here. Sorry If I am not explaining it easy enough.

So In short. My actions were Technically Illegal by attacking the "Gankers" when they ran to Eravate, but in the long run it was worth it because they died. It's more a matter of principle than anything really. You can only gank for so long before the tables are turned and you yourself get killed and some justice/karma comes your way. We are rather limited by FDEV's Crime and Punishment system, but we do what we can.

A. Ok so there are 2 types of bounties in the game. Regular bounties issued by In game Factions in their controlled systems. Then you have the Powerplay Bounties which are Galaxy wide where that power is located. This was a case of a Faction Bounty in the Deciat system. They fly to Eravate, they have yet to commit a crime in Eravate so they are clean there (For the time being). I know that they are wanted in Deciat as I engaged them there. I chase them down and kill them in Eravate which results in me becoming wanted now because they were clean in Eravate. Still worth it as they ate a rebuy.

B. Yes unfortunatly FDEV capped it at 2 Million per Faction. To prevent people from abusing the system and giving money to a friend.
So lets say they are wanted in multiple systems by multiple factions (Lets say 3 systems at 2 mill each) and I Kill Warrant Scan them, I get 6 million.

If they were wanted for 6 million in one system, I would only get 2 mill as that is the CAP per Faction bounty.

I hope I am making sense here. Sorry If I am not explaining it easy enough.

So In short. My actions were Technically Illegal by attacking the "Gankers" when they ran to Eravate, but in the long run it was worth it because they died. It's more a matter of principle than anything really. You can only gank for so long before the tables are turned and you yourself get killed and some justice/karma comes your way. We are rather limited by FDEV's Crime and Punishment system, but we do what we can.
Thank you, that was very helpful.
Although I'm not new to factions things are a bit different in this game.

The Replicated Man

T
Thank you, that was very helpful.
Although I'm not new to factions things are a bit different in this game.
No problem. I get confused myself at times. 4 years ago I never even knew how to undock from Trevithick Dock!

This game has/had a steep learning curve but has gotten alot easier over the past few years.

Very happy for one with the Material Traders and the Opel Mining. Those really help me as a PvPer. For engineering and buying new ships/guns.

Top Bottom