Infinity Coaster (Typhoon Infinite) Unnecessary vertical lift limitations and supports

I find it really weird and unnecessary, that the vertical lift in the Typhoon Infinite Coaster needs to end with a beyond vertical drop. The limitation did make more sense on the Typhoon Barghest Coaster, because Eurofighters actually always use beyond vertical drops. Infinity Coasters though do not (E.g. The Smiler, Der Schwur des Kärnan) so this limitation is not necessary.
Another thing with the lift is that the supports are not disable-able. In my Kärnan rebuild, the standard supports do not really fit, and it annoys me that I can not disable them.

Another minor thing that bugs me is the absence of a (Kärnan Spoiler ahead) Reverse Freefall Section on the Lift..

This fact completely put me off getting the DLC. All I care for is the Infinity and they've made it in such a way that you couldn't possibly recreate something like The Smiler. Bit of a let down considering how little content you get for £8 anyway.

+1 Here, theres a few things which are a tad off with the Infinity that come to mind such as:

No ability to go vertical on the regular lift hill pieces
Isn't a piece to allow us to go straight flat after the premade lift pieces

I have no issue with how the trains "look" but I'm not sure if they are built correctly. Someone correct me where I'm wrong here but the Infinity in game treats one "car" as two rows, adding more cars to the train just adds two more rows, which is essentially just a complete double of the first two rows, which I think is incorrect. When you add the two new rows to the in game infinity trains it adds another zero-car to the train but if infinities are made like every other coaster, we should only need one zero-car on each train and it should just be the front two - then with every other car added just being another row of its own. This is pretty easy to see if you make the in game infinity crest a pretty tight hill. It is correct that the first two rows on a coaster should be parallel with each-other, but then each row after should tilt in relation to the track. What we have in a 4-row train is two sets of two rows which are parallel to each-other but I don't think they should be like this.

+1 Here, theres a few things which are a tad off with the Infinity that come to mind such as:

No ability to go vertical on the regular lift hill pieces
Isn't a piece to allow us to go straight flat after the premade lift pieces

I have no issue with how the trains "look" but I'm not sure if they are built correctly. Someone correct me where I'm wrong here but the Infinity in game treats one "car" as two rows, adding more cars to the train just adds two more rows, which is essentially just a complete double of the first two rows, which I think is incorrect. When you add the two new rows to the in game infinity trains it adds another zero-car to the train but if infinities are made like every other coaster, we should only need one zero-car on each train and it should just be the front two - then with every other car added just being another row of its own. This is pretty easy to see if you make the in game infinity crest a pretty tight hill. It is correct that the first two rows on a coaster should be parallel with each-other, but then each row after should tilt in relation to the track. What we have in a 4-row train is two sets of two rows which are parallel to each-other but I don't think they should be like this.

Yes, you´re right! They "forgot" to design a car with only one row. The first car is always the "zero-car" that has two sets of axles. The following cars need to have only one row/one axle to navigate the tight transitions.
It´s these things that constantly make me question the design team. Are they simple forgetting these details, because the think only a handful of coaster connaisseurs know these things? Or are they simply not looking into it? It´s quite frustrating, to be honest.

Another thing I've now noticed is the weird position of the block section on the lift, or rather after the beyond vertical drop. (See picture below, that actually is the block section)

And, although this coaster has a magnetic Anti-Rollback System, the Clacking sound on the lift is still audible.

Attachments

• placo.JPG
    placo.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 292
Another thing I've now noticed is the weird position of the block section on the lift, or rather after the beyond vertical drop. (See picture below, that actually is the block section)

And, although this coaster has a magnetic Anti-Rollback System, the Clacking sound on the lift is still audible.

Mine does exactly the same as this - I have reported it on the issue tracker

First of all, I would like to thank you for the Infinite Coaster Type, with all the possibilities of track styling. Also both vertical lift structures look really neat, with all the details.
But I agree with managMent. I'm missing the opportunity to build vertical lift hills without beyond vertical drops, as for coaster recreations like The Smiler, the Oath of Kärnan or Mystic, new at Walibi Rhône-Alpes. I bet there will come more Infinite like Coasters in the future with the typical vertical lift hill, but without a beyond vertical drop afterwards.

Can you give as an option to stack a vertical lift hill top piece with maybe only 10° or 15° downwards, like in the photoshoped screenshots I've attached to this post?
I would also like to see such an option for the other Typhoon Coaster Type vertical lift, to recreate for example Mystery Mine at Dollywood.

Attachments

• infinite_coaster_vertical_lift_alternative_1.jpg
    infinite_coaster_vertical_lift_alternative_1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 307
  • infinite_coaster_vertical_lift_alternative_2.jpg
    infinite_coaster_vertical_lift_alternative_2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 298
  • infinite_coaster_vertical_lift_alternative_3.jpg
    infinite_coaster_vertical_lift_alternative_3.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
I've worked in the construction of these coasters in the past, so obviously I was looking forward to seeing this in the game, it's a shame it doesn't live up to the real life coaster. They could quite easily fix this, but whether they will...

I've worked in the construction of these coasters in the past, so obviously I was looking forward to seeing this in the game, it's a shame it doesn't live up to the real life coaster. They could quite easily fix this, but whether they will...
Hopefully they will add the ability to have a normal piece of track after a vertical chain lift - devs do look at the forum and a lot of noise is being made about the Infinity coaster. Also let us remember they did add a normal chain lift to the Typhoon coaster :)

Hopefully they will add the ability to have a normal piece of track after a vertical chain lift - devs do look at the forum and a lot of noise is being made about the Infinity coaster. Also let us remember they did add a normal chain lift to the Typhoon coaster :)

I hope they do fix this. But do the devs actually do updates to the DLCs to change things that the players aren't happy about (not including bugs), because I don't know if i've seen this happen. I really really hope we aren't stuck with these restrictions.

I hope they do fix this. But do the devs actually do updates to the DLCs to change things that the players aren't happy about (not including bugs), because I don't know if i've seen this happen. I really really hope we aren't stuck with these restrictions.
Well they did change something with the SLV with this last update. Sadly it was a retrograde change that nobody had asked for (SLV trains can not run with 1 car now! Two cars per train are now the minimum. This really messed up some of my designs.)
The changes people were actually were asking for, including graphic bugs, have not been adressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom