Update 1.11 + Classic Rides Collection Out Now!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I have been playing around a bit now and i really have to say i LOVE the boat ride!!

Needless to say i like the whole pack, and certain rides are very welcome but the boat ride is a special one since it has been on my wish list since day 1.
The ride turned out to be everything i could have been wishing for and the choices made were exactly as i had hoped it would be :D

First of all they aren't heavily themed so they can be used in many many ways. Paint them in a wood color and they can go as a Pirates boat but you can simply leave them another color and they could go for a Small World boat. Perfect!!

Second i love how the ride is able to do drops. Some boat rides like Small world or Fata Morgana don't have drops because of the restrictions of the system used. Im glad Frontier decided to go all out and have the Pirates version which also allows drops.

Speed ... I was worried a lot about this one as i always thought the log flume and Cascade went a bit too fast to ever count as a dark ride. You can't believe how thrilled i was to see that speed slider in the build menu!! Amazing work!!

Last but not least, the track can be build partially under water. If you have the regular track you see the water streaming pretty violent. Yet i noticed you can also place the track just a bit under water so the water stream is covered. This way the stream seems to disappear and it looks like the boat is just hovering in calm water. Another great thing in terms of flexibility!

All in all, im amazed by this ride. Thanks a LOT for this increadible pack and the boat ride in particular :D
Great to hear that you're loving the Classic Rides Collection and the Armada boat ride in particular! :D

This brings me to an important question:

When can we see your first attempt at recreating Fata Morgana or Piraten in Batavia? ;)

Great to hear that you're loving the Classic Rides Collection and the Armada boat ride in particular! :D

When can we see your first attempt at recreating Fata Morgana or Piraten in Batavia? ;)
Would love to see Piraten in Batavia. But joel i think there are already 2 fata morgana recreations in production. Mine and Leons.😉

I have been playing around a bit now and i really have to say i LOVE the boat ride!!

Needless to say i like the whole pack, and certain rides are very welcome but the boat ride is a special one since it has been on my wish list since day 1.
The ride turned out to be everything i could have been wishing for and the choices made were exactly as i had hoped it would be :D

First of all they aren't heavily themed so they can be used in many many ways. Paint them in a wood color and they can go as a Pirates boat but you can simply leave them another color and they could go for a Small World boat. Perfect!!

Second i love how the ride is able to do drops. Some boat rides like Small world or Fata Morgana don't have drops because of the restrictions of the system used. Im glad Frontier decided to go all out and have the Pirates version which also allows drops.

Speed ... I was worried a lot about this one as i always thought the log flume and Cascade went a bit too fast to ever count as a dark ride. You can't believe how thrilled i was to see that speed slider in the build menu!! Amazing work!!

Last but not least, the track can be build partially under water. If you have the regular track you see the water streaming pretty violent. Yet i noticed you can also place the track just a bit under water so the water stream is covered. This way the stream seems to disappear and it looks like the boat is just hovering in calm water. Another great thing in terms of flexibility!

All in all, im amazed by this ride. Thanks a LOT for this increadible pack and the boat ride in particular :D
So this means we need to hope and beg (and scream and shout and stomp our feet) to get a big splash boat ride with steep- and double drops in the next pack?!?!

That is a great tip!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator

Hahaha no, im not good at those, plus what WingardiumLevicoaster is saying :D
But im sure i will come up with some good rides... sometime...

Vampiro will never finish it as that's his style.

That is a great tip!
Thank you! I was pretty amazed by how good it works.

I also notice an improvement in startup and loading times AND FPS ingame! This has been a great great update! Very good job Frontier <3
Noticed that too,altough sometimes i habe to restart,because it doesn't load at all and then it loads pretty quick. It's very strange🤔

Top Bottom