Notice April Update - Known Issues (24/04/2019)

We believe the cause of this is down to the 'FX Quality' setting in the graphics options. We're currently investigating a fix for the issue, but would recommend lowering your graphics settings in the meantime.
@Will Flanagan i noticed change in the graphicsConfiguration.xml now all the volumetric quality settings have <TwoPassBlur>true</TwoPassBlur>
not sure if that's on purpose but that in itself isn't the whole FPS loss

I’m so happy to see this post, thank you so much for these fixes.
But if you would please add the jump count display issue that would be perfect. As a hull seal being able to quickly determine my #jumps to a destination is critical. I’m sure the fuel rats would agree.
The number used to display light on dark. Even with a poor remote connection I could quickly read the number.
Now it’s light on a light background. It’s very difficult to read.
Thanks again.

Not sure if this is mentioned elsewhere, but the frame rate drop issue exists on the Xbox One X version as well (even in "performance mode"). There is no option to modify "FX" in the settings for the Xbox One X version of the game.

Very nice to inform us this quick Will.

Some other new bugs.
Module priority resetting all to 1 after leaving supercruise.
Npc crews in the slf no audio and no text in the comms panel.

If you could fix these in the next patch that would be great.

About the frame rate issue:
I tried messing with the FX quality setting and I find that medium and low actually seem to give slightly lower frame rate than high. Off increases frame rate significantly.
Seems likely the bug is related to that setting misbehaving.
Using gtx 970 4gb, skylake i5, 8gb ram.

Higher spawn rate of High Grade Emissions needs raising further... the update didn't do jack... I've been trawling systems for HGEs for weeks and any respectable increase would be immediately evident. I don't see any improvement. Further - Improvised Components never appear and Pharmaceutical Isolators seldom appear, their spawn rate is appauling! I don't like having to thrown hard-earned materials at material trader when the materials I need should be in HGEs. This needs addressing and fixing... this isn't grind, it's mind-numblingly boring torturous nonsense. Games are meant to be fun, not stressful time-wasting searches for something the devs have put on a pathetically low spawn rate.

Hello Commanders,

We have been monitoring the feedback you've been making here on the forums, across social media and on the Issue Tracker. We wanted to give you an update on some of the concerns and bugs that have been raised.
  • Drag Munitions
    • Based on your feedback, we will revert the change that we made to Drag Munitions, changing them back to how they worked prior to the April Update. However, this is something we may look to revisit in the future.
  • Frame Rate Issues
    • We believe the cause of this is down to the 'FX Quality' setting in the graphics options. We're currently investigating a fix for the issue, but would recommend lowering your graphics settings in the meantime.
  • We are also investigating fixes for these known issues:
    • SRV damage multiplying when in multiplayer sessions
    • Module priorities resetting
    • Shield module turning on (after previously being deactivated)
    • ‘Restock All’ quick option not functioning
    • Buying/selling commodities is now faster – whilst using a mouse it will incrementally speed up, and when selling it will default to the maximum amount you have in your hold
We are not able to give you an exact date on when the patch with these fixes will be deployed, but aim to release it next week. As mentioned, investigations for these fixes are ongoing so times are subject to change.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

That sucks. Probably gonna put the game on the shelf now. Oh well. That was fun for the 5 minutes it lasted. No defense against fast moving griefers now thanks to shortsighted PvE merchants who refuse to better themselves, now everyone who engages in PvP in open gets punished. Well done guys ruining other peoples fun as per usual.

Opening the system map (key N) sometimes causes the game to hang. And I need to kill the process.
I think the problem is the availability of some servers. But not sure.

PS: Its no update problem. This old problem.

So is removing the ability to honk outside of the FSS an "issue" or a "feature"?

Also, changing notifications to Hidden no longer has any effect, so I get that stupid beep every few seconds whenever anyone comes online of logs out.

thanks Will, on some of the fixes I encountered, im not a pvper. I had issues with the keyboard options, but I like the new Hud version, keep up the good work.

That sucks. Probably gonna put the game on the shelf now. Oh well. That was fun for the 5 minutes it lasted. No defense against fast moving griefers now thanks to shortsighted PvE merchants who refuse to better themselves, now everyone who engages in PvP in open gets punished. Well done guys ruining other peoples fun as per usual.
Not sure what u want to say here, but as many covered here, Drag buff. as proposed. would not defend u from fast moving griefers as u put it ... that would be the case only in one scenario. where "fast moving griefers" dont have drag wep, and u have them .. which is total fiction .. if this drag stayed in game ALL ships would be "forced" to have drag wep .. and u would still be much slower then "fast moving griefers", just on Minimum Engine Output levels whit out boost ... we covered this several times now ... dont rage just because u dont understand how things work .. and if i misinterpreted something i apologies, like i sad in beginning. ur message is not really clear to me

Jeesh, you really can't please everyone can you? Props to the Frontier devs who have to put up with internet-rage cynicism on both sides of every argument over every single decision they make.

On another note, I can confirm that the module priority bug is also present on the Xbox One X version of the game.

Top Bottom