Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I tried to be very careful with my second account as I wanted exploration to be just that, my primary account hit the higher ranks with passenger missions before I really realised (or more honestly, was told) what an affect they have on your exploration rank. Even then I was surprised at the effect on my early ranks with just the new passive scan with the second account.

He’s now sitting on planet 2 of Beagle Point with a migraine after just completing his DW2 journey.....I don’t like to tell him I didn’t pack any Nurofen.
I started my life in ED with two simple goals. A Mamba and a FSD booster. Weird combo, I know, but I still love it. I simply flew passengers like crazy until i had those. Then I never hauled a passenger again. Them and all the nagging when you ignore their "special needs" :D Can you jettison them?

talking about limpets, why am I getting server error and sends me back to options menu? never had a problem with limpets before i just click refill button.

my rank is chief petty officer in the navy ….. in the navy (sorry had to do that! YmCa … ):D

Last edited:
talking about limpets, why am I getting server error and sends me back to options menu? never had a problem with limpets before i just click refill button.

my rank is chief petty officer in the navy ….. in the navy (sorry had to do that! YmCa … ):D
I just restocked one ship (using restock) and it worked fine, except that it leaves 10 CR, and if you try to restock those, you get the server error. Likewise, I can restock limpets in Adv. Maint. without any errors. What rig are you running ED on? I use a PC.

Hey everyone! I feel like I've got my bearings around ED after a few weeks of play (not minding the curve at all, but it would have been nice to have begun after the update!) and have discovered that exploration is definitely my gig. I got around to the Seven Sisters when picking up the Meta-Alloys for Farseer and caught the explorer bug. After unlocking Farseer and finding out what a grind engineering is (though I'm sure I'll get to it eventually) I decided to make my way around Orion. I've got his belt under my belt, as well as Saiph and Rigel (I think). I can't wait for the trip to Alnilam, since it'll take me past all the nebulae out that way! Came across a couple Water/Earth-likes in the vicinity so far and some awesome views!

I get the same, result I didn't added the 10 cr credits bit, im on a pc i5-7600k 3.8 ghz) running from ASus Strix b250f gaming board

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I feel like I've got my bearings around ED after a few weeks of play (not minding the curve at all, but it would have been nice to have begun after the update!) and have discovered that exploration is definitely my gig. I got around to the Seven Sisters when picking up the Meta-Alloys for Farseer and caught the explorer bug. After unlocking Farseer and finding out what a grind engineering is (though I'm sure I'll get to it eventually) I decided to make my way around Orion. I've got his belt under my belt, as well as Saiph and Rigel (I think). I can't wait for the trip to Alnilam, since it'll take me past all the nebulae out that way! Came across a couple Water/Earth-likes in the vicinity so far and some awesome views!
Reminds me that I have to go to Sol, to see if the sisters and Orion looks like they do on a clear night. I can recommend Betelgeuse. It's BIG!

Also NGC 7822 is quite amazing, and a proper expedition without going across the galaxy. Probably the most eye candy I've seen in the game so far.

Had a bit of fun today. Went Osmium mining first, for whats-her-face Hicks something. Engineer unlock. She can do limpets. She's the limpet queen. Anyway, I unlocked her. Osmium mining was quite scenic today, I think:

Then later I ran across this odd little outpost called The Pit. It hangs right over this red planet, all by itself in the system. For some reason they were swimming in Palladium and were offering crazy amounts to just haul some of it to Colonia, just16 something light years away. One jump. Over 10 million credits. I decided to take advantage of the situation. It won't last long, I'm sure, but hey. I like getting paid more than I'm worth.

Last edited:
Just went on a quick mining trip ~20 ly from Jameson. 120 million in an hour, so a billion in a day isn't impossible :)

A few more "tricks":

When you approach a rock with too much speed, lower the cargo hatch. It works as an airbrake, even though the air is "thin".

After you fire a prospector, select it while it moves towards the asteroid. Then you don't have to select it from the menu, and the asteroids content shows automatically up on the HUD.

The collector limpet you left behind, because it was trying to fetch an opal "stuck" inside the rock, that suddenly shows up with the opal, that one is a keeper ;)

It is indeed a long haul

Combat seems to be by far the slowest grind of the set.

Exploration Elite happened for me by doing Palin's 5k ly, getting the guardian booster, and taking a quick trip to the 'ceiling' above the bubble, scanning all the way. Took quite some time, but relatively low intensity. Trading seems like it will go fast if I get deeper into mining, or slower if I want to actually 'trade'.

Combat... Awake! Pew pew pew pew. Pew. Pew. Pew pew. Pew. Breathe. Pew. Pew pew. Sunset. Minor progress towards next rank.

Yeah, I'm still Novice or something like, despite hours in haz res :( Building a kitted out FDL to try to speed things up.

Combat seems to be by far the slowest grind of the set.

Exploration Elite happened for me by doing Palin's 5k ly, getting the guardian booster, and taking a quick trip to the 'ceiling' above the bubble, scanning all the way. Took quite some time, but relatively low intensity. Trading seems like it will go fast if I get deeper into mining, or slower if I want to actually 'trade'.

Combat... Awake! Pew pew pew pew. Pew. Pew. Pew pew. Pew. Breathe. Pew. Pew pew. Sunset. Minor progress towards next rank.

Yeah, I'm still Novice or something like, despite hours in haz res :( Building a kitted out FDL to try to speed things up.
A shield and hull tanked Conda is pretty efficient in a Haz Res as well. Right now I'm using efficient beam lasers and double shot frag cannons. I haven't been close to a rebuy even though I'm lousy in a combat. Instead I just let them come close and then I brawl. Reverskis and raming. Drawing zig zags on their hull with the beams, and putting a glowing starfield on them with the frags. Those are even pretty good ripping shields close range. It wasn't so long ago, when I was a pacifist by heart. Now I'm "competent" close to expert (yeah right), only going to Haz Res. Once you get the bug :D

...I got around to the Seven Sisters...

Well now you've made me realise I need to tour the constellations.

I know they will all be explored and mapped, but I still need to tour them. All I have so far is Maia and Betelgeuse, and that's wildly unacceptable for someone who considers himself an astronerd.

A shield and hull tanked Conda is pretty efficient in a Haz Res as well. Right now I'm using efficient beam lasers and double shot frag cannons. I haven't been close to a rebuy even though I'm lousy in a combat. Instead I just let them come close and then I brawl. Reverskis and raming. Drawing zig zags on their hull with the beams, and putting a glowing starfield on them with the frags. Those are even pretty good ripping shields close range. It wasn't so long ago, when I was a pacifist by heart. Now I'm "competent" close to expert (yeah right), only going to Haz Res. Once you get the bug :D

Ftr, you'll get a lot more out of overcharged on your frags.

Right now I'm using efficient beam lasers and double shot frag cannons

2x efficient thermal vent beams, 2x efficient bursts with the experimental to add heat and cause malfunctions to the target. Plus one massive overcharged multicannon with no experimental right now because I don't have the materials.

Which is one reason I needed a combat ship :D

had one npc yesterday , interdict me, throttled down and he came straight at me, and exploded (he had no shields) .lol
they turning into Suicide jockeys

Well, I just deleted an alt account save and started new, post patch, so at the moment I'm doing easy courier jobs around the newbie area :)

Top Bottom