I wouldn't put Raxxla into that as DB & MB in the past has been quite clear that there won't be any more new clues on Raxxla. It's up to us with what we have in game.
I always took that to mean that they wouldn't answer questions that were looking for more detail.

OK. I dont remember if this is already posted somewhere, but I thought that since Raxxla has been even in the earlier game (the original elite) that I would backtrack on the systems that are in that game. So I went to Teorge and found a listening post there. Here's what the message read.

But really, dont know if this means something... but its f:n creepy.

EDIT: I guess this is old news and I think this is in the book premonition too... Got excited a bit early i guess.

Attachments

• Message1.JPG
    Message1.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 364
  • Message2.JPG
    Message2.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
OK. I dont remember if this is already posted somewhere, but I thought that since Raxxla has been even in the earlier game (the original elite) that I would backtrack on the systems that are in that game. So I went to Teorge and found a listening post there. Here's what the message read.

EDIT: I guess this is old news and I think this is in the book premonition too... Got excited a bit early i guess.
That message is from the Drew Wagar Salome storyline, not Raxxla related.

Also, Raxxla was not in the original Elite game. It believe the original game would have been finished before "The Dark Wheel" novella introduced Raxxla and so Raxxla has only been picked up on in Elite Dangerous. I have been known to be wrong though:)

Raxxla was not in the original Elite game. It was only mentioned in the book that came with the game.

Unless Raxxla is the Thargoid portal at Polaris 4b, it wasn't in the sequels either. The code of FFE has been released to the public and checked in detail.

ED is probably the first Elite game, where Raxxla actually exist.

Just want to post this again to try and get confirmation that this is a normal accurance. Didn’t get any message about a signal being detected or anything. Just randomly noticed my SRV picking up a signal on a far away planet while exploring Kwatis. Lost the signal once I entered my ship :/

Attachments

• 99632732-EA08-4E51-BFF3-82A060B20B5C.jpeg
    99632732-EA08-4E51-BFF3-82A060B20B5C.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 303
Just want to post this again to try and get confirmation that this is a normal accurance. Didn’t get any message about a signal being detected or anything. Just randomly noticed my SRV picking up a signal on a far away planet while exploring Kwatis. Lost the signal once I entered my ship :/
That looks like the signal from a surface salvage mission.

Are these just shuffled names for planets or systems? Or are they something like peoples playe names who have visited Raxxla mixxed up.

I've not seen more on this so far this week. The long string of text contains lower case a-z, upper case A-Z, 0 to 9 digits, spaces, and separated by carriage returns. That's 26+26+10+2 = 64. Base64 (perhaps swapping space and CR with + and / or alternatives) can be converted into other formats (inc. pictures) which might give a clue, but so far I've not had any type of success when converting. There's a lot of characters shown here - it might be a single string if you look at the carriage returns as being just another character.

Last edited:
I've not seen more on this so far this week. The long string of text contains lower case a-z, upper case A-Z, 0 to 9 digits, spaces, and separated by carriage returns. That's 26+26+10+2 = 64. Base64 (perhaps swapping space and CR with + and / or alternatives) can be converted into other formats (inc. pictures) which might give a clue, but so far I've not had any type of success when converting. There's a lot of characters shown here - it might be a single string if you look at the carriage returns as being just another character.

This may not be the right track.

I did check if the text is a new thing, and not something that was old but I'd forgotten about. I only found very recent Google references. One of them was the code subreddit considering if the text was scrambled or ciphered. English average word length is 4.5. The text we have has an average of 6.9. Not so many short words that we might find in English. (This is assuming use of English and not another language.) If not plain text, then what about system names similar to the earlier comment of CMDR names (but we need to figure in the hyphen in system names)

Another stumbling block is that there are instances of space in the middle of the 'words', but we would not be able to work out from the image if there was meant to be a space at the end of a word (again, assuming the space should be translated to something else.)

Whilst there are upper and lower case letters, and numbers, they are not appearing uniformly. 245 a-z, 61 A-Z, 22 0-9, and 4 spaces. Not all words have a capital letter, or a number.

I reckon it must be driving them nuts that we haven't picked up the clues after 5years! We must be missing something really obvious.. so obvious its hidden in plain sight

From a Lore perspective it must be obscure enough to go undetected for a thousand years. It's hard to make something obvious if it has been the inspiration of explorers and conspiracy theorists for centuries. The Dark Wheel probably have fare more info than than we have, and even they haven't found it.

In my own personal experience of setting puzzles, its very easy to make things impossible, and its an extremely fine judgement to set the clue to be accessible but challenging. When people miss what appears to me to be easy enough , its very frustrating. But when later you ask people, you discover that what is obvious to you was extremely obscure to them, for instance, because of a lack of shared history on some point, or just thinking along different lines.

So the Codex, I suspect is a step back when they realised that no-one was going to get it. Tha'ts what I hope anyway.

Now, the jewel - if only we could close the first line of the first clue, then I'm sure we'd get somewhere.. 🤔 (no-one say Cassiopeia !)

The jewel that BURNS... the mother of galaxieS.. -- Robbie Burns?? - where's the tinfoil roll..

I reckon it must be driving them nuts that we haven't picked up the clues after 5years! We must be missing something really obvious.. so obvious its hidden in plain sight
Here's a short recap of my endeavors:
Lately I've been doing both normal and passenger missions for TDW, got a few tip off missions, but the game client crashes when skimmers are shooting at me. The bug is confirmed, but not yet fixed, so that's on hold. 😠 The missions have progressing difficulty, might that be an indication of TDW's test?
I want to visit Alpha Site in Formidine Rift and hear for myself is sirens are singing there, but none of TDW's famous explorers don't want to go even in the general direction.
While waiting for one, I'm trying to raise TDW's influence in LFT 926, but it seems I'm doing it alone.
I want to test my jewel in the Nut's brow hypothesis, but both brute force flying from one system to another and searching for nearby compatible systems from the list are tedious and time consuming. Either I or a guy from Reddit will write a program that will print all systems with 8 moons around gas giants near my position.
Until something changes, I'll continue grinding my rep with TDW's allies and changing their influence in LFT 926. Any help is more than welcome. :)

Edit: One more thing I'd like to try is throwing SAP-8 containers with other stuff (Trinkets of Hidden Fortune, Soontil relics) into a Thargoid Device. I'd love to believe that those spiraling stars there are not just a fancy decoration.

Last edited:
Quick question about something that might be related to Raxxla....

Is there anything, in lore, that explains why Sol isn't in Elite and yet is (obviously) still around, and regarded as the cradle of humanity, in ED?

Also, I notice that DW's currently "in the news" regarding the anniversary of cooked salami.
I know Drew's a guy who appreciates a good mystery and the value of a bit of intrigue but he's categorically said he has no insider-knowledge about Raxxla.
I don't doubt that his recent comments relate to some "easter egg" involving salami, or possibly related to something in his books or his other works, but it's highly unlikely it's related to Raxxla.
I suppose it's possible that FDev might've seized upon something Drew's mentioned and used it as part of the legend of Raxxla but they'd be doing it without his knowledge - which means he can't provide clues himself.

Quick question about something that might be related to Raxxla....

Is there anything, in lore, that explains why Sol isn't in Elite and yet is (obviously) still around, and regarded as the cradle of humanity, in ED?

Yes there is.

In Elite we are licensed as GalCop pilots. Our ships navigation systems will only GalCop controlled systems(and planets with Galcop stations).

According to the the story 'Imprint', it was possible for Elite pilots to get a commissioning with ful jump navigation. This was of course not possible in the game.

Imprint explains a lot of the peculiarities of the GalCop sectors. I think it was partly intended to smoothen the transition to the Fe:2 galaxy.
Imprint: http://www.dream-ware.co.uk/elite/books/imprint/

Hello, this is my first time writing in this forum, and I'm still fairly new to the Elite universe.

I've been trying to solve the riddle by Drew Wagar all day long.
In this reddit thread HERE we discusses some ideas but didn't get anywhere just yet.
But I think I got something that's important for solving the puzzle.
In a recent Twitter post, Drew mentioned the following:

"[...] It was designed to defeat the techniques typically involved when encountering a puzzle. I'm fairly confident a brute force attempt will not work. It's requires a little subtlety in the approach, but all the clues are there. The previous clue (the one I used to obfuscate the start point of the Salomé event) used a similar technique. This one is a bit more complex."

The riddle he refers to is this "46 Eridani" puzzle:
Source: https://youtu.be/pIv-tYJNBAU?t=125

To solve it, you needed to know this: "'At Phaeton's Reach' hints Eridanus, 46 is the result of Fi(0) SUM(10,7,5,3) => 34+8+3+1 = 46, so they came up with 46 Eridani. "
So it was a mix of mythology and math (fibonacci sequence).

Then recently we got this post (Soliloquy) from Drew Wagar on his site. He mentions "Dihya", who "was a Berber warrior queen and a religious and military leader who led indigenous resistance to the Muslim conquest of the Maghreb, the region then known as Numidia." (From Wikipedia)

There is no system called Numidia as far as I know, guess that would have been too easy.

So for the old riddle that Drew describes as similar to the new one (the text on the right we haven't uncyphered yet) you needed Greek Mythology. Maybe mythology can help us again with this riddle. Anyone got more useful information on Dihya?

Top Bottom