Unable to Restock SRV(s) after destruction

The past couple days (5/12-5/13) after an SRV(s) gets destroyed from defense turrets or something, I can not restock it at any station (fines paid, or not). The first night I reported the bug because I also couldn't deploy my second SRV from my Corvette that had a 4G PVH. After jumping out of the system and back in I could deploy the second SRV - weird. BUT, I still couldn't restock my SRV; not from the Restock All option, not from Advanced Maintenance menu, and not straight from Outfitting either. I had to sell the PVH, purchase a new one, and purchase two new SRVs.

Then tonight it happened again... I've attached some pics. One SRV costs 1030 Cr for restock.

I had bother trying to deploy my second SRV on planet, could not work out what the flip was happening until I checked the modules, turns out the vehicle bay had been deactivated...(not by me) along with cargo scoop and a few weapon systems.

I had bother trying to deploy my second SRV on planet, could not work out what the flip was happening until I checked the modules, turns out the vehicle bay had been deactivated...(not by me) along with cargo scoop and a few weapon systems.

This happened because you probably logged out and back in non-Horizons mode, then back in Horizons mode. This shuts off those modules.

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies.
I also noticed the bug where some modules would become inactive all on their own. This wasn't the case for my planetary vehicle hangar; even with it active, I still couldn't restock my SRV. Even logging out for 24hrs still didn't allow me to restock my SRV.
As some may have issues with logging into non-Horizons, or Horizons and that causing problems - this most certainly was not my issue.
I am aware of the repair option for modules, and the fact that it doesn't require many materials, but saying that you'll "never" need more than one SRV isn't entirely true. During an SRV mission that requires combat, there's not many opportunities to stop and repair.

I'm still having to result to the work-around - which is to sell the existing PVH, buy a new one, and buy two new SRVs. A real pain in the . I literally have this problem every time I have any SRV get destroyed. I'm thinking about deleting and reinstalling.

Testing this whole process again, just to verify I'm not making a mistake somewhere...

SRV gets destroyed on a planet during a mission.
I have to go to the Modules Panel and re-activate my PVH just to be able to deploy my second SRV and finish the mission.
I then go to Interstellar Factors in another system and pay all of my fines.
I travel back to the station where I'm allied and cash out with the mission giving factions.
I once again verify that my PVH is active.
I attempt to restock - it restocks all of my ammo, shield cells, heat sinks, etc... but not my destroyed SRV
I go to Advanced Maintenance and attempt to restock the SRV > still nothing
I go to Outfitting and attempt to replace the "Destroyed / Installed" SRV > still nothing
I have to result back to my crappy workaround of selling everything and rebuying.

This seems like a pretty BIG deal to me, but I also don't see many others experiencing this...

I have experienced the same issue having a two bay hanger where one SRV is destroyed. The restock all option at the station strangely would have a remaining repair option of about the cost of an SRV. it would never actually complete the restock option. In the outfitting screen i could not sell the "destroyed" srv and resorted to selling the entire hanger bay and buying a new one with two SRV's.
I also had a bounty on the modules due to having just completed a ground base mission to scan data access points. But clearing the bounty at the interstellar factor did not change the restock issue.
I never noticed any modules turning off, or issues deploying the second SRV.
It is a strange bug

I have experienced the same issue having a two bay hanger where one SRV is destroyed. The restock all option at the station strangely would have a remaining repair option of about the cost of an SRV. it would never actually complete the restock option. In the outfitting screen i could not sell the "destroyed" srv and resorted to selling the entire hanger bay and buying a new one with two SRV's.
I also had a bounty on the modules due to having just completed a ground base mission to scan data access points. But clearing the bounty at the interstellar factor did not change the restock issue.
I never noticed any modules turning off, or issues deploying the second SRV.
It is a strange bug
At least I'm not the only one experiencing this. I thought I was going crazy or it had to do with my game installation. I hope they find a fix for this bug soon as a majority of the missions I accept are planetary ones. Lots of Cr for easy and quick work in nearby systems.

Same, SRV's cannot be restocked, rebought or in another way replenished without selling the entire hangar and buying new ones.
This happened because you probably logged out and back in non-Horizons mode, then back in Horizons mode. This shuts off those modules.
No, this just happened,
I have not had non horizons installed, let alone launched it since planetary landings went into beta.

It's a bug. Happens all the time now.
Cleaning up at an Interstellar Factors won't do it.
Even if you do get it to show the SRV as restocked, it won't deploy.
Two ways to work-around.
Sell and rebuy the hanger.
- or -
Store the hanger. Load the hanger onto another ship. Restock and swap it back into your original ship.

Last edited:
I just wanted to chime in I have this issue tonight after getting a bounty on a planet while mat gathering and having both srvs blow up. In addition to this bug? I notice modules randomly going inactive. Strange.

People. Please. this is a known issue. SRV is destroyed and it can't be re-stocked / repaired in any way. Also you can't buy a new SRV as it just shows the destroyed one already occupying the bay. It's a simple as that. The only solution is to sell your hanger and buy a new SRV. This has been an issue for....forever??

So basically, you'd better not get your srv destroyed if you're not year any station where you can buy a whole new hanger. Even through logically a station should be able to replace / repair an SRV. It just doesn't work.

People. Please. this is a known issue. SRV is destroyed and it can't be re-stocked / repaired in any way. Also you can't buy a new SRV as it just shows the destroyed one already occupying the bay. It's a simple as that. The only solution is to sell your hanger and buy a new SRV. This has been an issue for....forever??

So basically, you'd better not get your srv destroyed if you're not year any station where you can buy a whole new hanger. Even through logically a station should be able to replace / repair an SRV. It just doesn't work.
It was working just fine up until this springs "QOL" improvements, so it's a fairly new bug considering.

Whiplash's switcheroo method works, just tested it. I haven't had this issue ever, except today. So... Please. Please. Post accurate info.
I'm sorry, Whiplash said it's a bug, which occurs all the time now. And that it can only be solved by selling the hanger. They added that if you have a second ship, you can put the hanger on that and restock, then add back to your current ship. I'd say that method of trying to overcome the bug is not....good. At all.

True enough it's (sort of) a newer bug in that I made maybe a billion at least doing skimmer-kill missions and have lost enough buggys to fill a Clipper. Never had any problems restocking them back then. My permanent backup solution is to buy a scrap sidewinder and park it at my friendly local Interstellar Factors. The one with the large landing pad to cover any eventuality making for a quick and easy swap and stock. - Think of it as a lucky charm. I have not needed it since I put it there.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, everyone. Thanks to your experiences I think I've finally figured it out. The SRV restock bug only kicks in if the SRV is destroyed with a fine or bounty on its head (I think maybe just a bounty, not 100% sure). Mine got destroyed in a +++ facility trying to scan a data point for mission data, and then I couldn't restock it - the auto restock did nothing, and the manual restock didn't list the SRV as a purchase option. I tried the "transfer to another ship" fix described by Whiplash and it didn't work at first, because the ship I transferred it to also had a bounty on its head (also for SRV trespass, I'm pretty sure). My mining Python had a clean record, and when I transferred the hangar into it, the restock worked perfectly and I could then put it back in my Corvette. So there you go: if you want to fix the bug, transfer the hangar module into a ship with a clean record.

Thanks for all the updates to this issue.
The snippy replies and know-it-all remarks aren't welcome. We're all trying to deal with this issue in the most efficient way possible.
It's Not an old issue - April - May...ish 2019, and No longer a new issue either.
As many have explained above, the only fixes are to sell/rebuy or swap the hangar with another ship and return it.
Other modules get turned inactive...most often, but not every time.
It does seem to have something to do with fines / bounties, but not consistently. Which means, find the method that works best for you in your game with your ships.
If any changes come up about the workarounds or to the issue itself, please post them.

Just tonight I had this issue, but it had nothing to do with fines, so I'm unsure if it is the same bug or a variant. I was mining in a rough geological area and after 15 minutes of attempting to scale near-sheer cliffs to reach my ship, I decided destruction was easier. Anyway, to fix the bug I simply sold my hanger, then bought it back. No added cost save that of a second SRV. Anyone experiencing the original bug listed above want to try this for confirmation?

You can repair SRVs. You need just 2 iron and 1 nickel. If you get down to say 75%, repair it. You'll never need more than one SRV as long as you have these basic materials.
In my experience, when your SRV is listed as '[DESTROYED]' in your Vehicle Hanger, none of the material repair srv/ ammo restock arew available. Yet, the srv itself doesn't seem to able to be replaced at the Outfitting yard. Or removed from the hanger at all.

Top Bottom