I was right, you were wrong

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's almost June 2019 and still no indication of fleet carriers. Evidently they were not delayed but cancelled. FDev did nothing to clarify this, again opting to mislead the player base in order to generate revenue.
Upvoted because FD said ice planets and fleet carries re-prioritized after beyond. Instead their priority became new players contents

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
It's almost June 2019 and still no indication of fleet carriers. Evidently they were not delayed but cancelled. FDev did nothing to clarify this, again opting to mislead the player base in order to generate revenue.

What revenue? I must have obviously missed out in buying an incredibly one-in-a-lifetime great opportunity when those carriers were announced!

Deleted member 38366

D
IMHO they faced a classic problem :

• limited Devs (partly split on various IPs) and Resources
  • tight deadlines
-> the time/resources needed to make the needed changes (Ice Planets, Fleet Carrier mechanics) exceeded the available remaining Dev Resources still working on the current ELITE Content when pitted against realistic deadlines.

About the Ice Planets I'm not too concerned, so far the Visuals of Planets haven't been the biggest issue of landable Planets.
The lack of realized Gameplay Opportunity is what still today haunts the Horizons Release by far the most.
Good visuals are neat but Gameplay IMHO remains the paramount challenge. Still ludicrous amounts of unused real estate everywhere in the Galaxy after all.

Fleet Carriers come with their own logistical/design problems.
  • they must be 100% fluid and dynamic assets and can't be limited to "Server Thursdays"
  • the large (manageable but still large) number of to-be Carriers must be deconflicted and incorporated without negatively bogging down the Game in any way
(i.e. as others already noted, can't have 150 Signal Sources near Earth in SOL or something like that; can be solved but it just means it all must be considered)
- Balancing them properly would take alot of Community Feedback and sensible implementation, nothing you'd concept "on a tissue" during lunch break

PS.
Do I envision myself at one day
  • departing with my own private Carrier into Deep Space
  • setup camp near valuable Mining Fields & strip-mine Pristine and untouched Hotspots with the Carrier acting as a mobile Forward Operating Base? Oh yes.
  • or use it as a Refuel/Rearm/Repair site, acting as a Support Asset to Deep Space Exploration? Damn sure.
- or load up the Carrier with a Base-building Module, head into Deep Space and setup a permanent Planetary Base and develop its facilities? Hell yes.

But if any of that comes is anyone's guess. The true Gameplay utility of both "Ice Planets" and "Fleet Carriers" remains the big question.

I appreciate how FD allows trollbait, but would appreciate if the trolls would put slightly more effort in it.

what trollbait?

if you think it's a genuine troll your duty as a 'good spirited and rules abiding forumite' would be to report and ignore it, right? or did you just dive into a 'troll thread' throwing accusations of trolling at someone because his statement makes you uncomfortable?

That goes both ways, it is also not certain it wont arrive sooner.

Community:"Darn FD, we're tired of all the bugs. Why not just take your time and do it right?!"
FD:"Hey guys, we're going to need more time to do one part of the free update properly."
Community:"IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN THEY LIED TO US!!!!!!"
FD:"..."
Community:"WHY DONT THESE LAZY LIARS TALK TO US?! TALK TO US!!!!!"
Different parts of the community react differently. Another revelation.

Evidently? What evidence, all I see is your opinion.

The evidence I have that they haven't is FDev saying a number of times that they are still on the road map. Maybe they are lying, but there is no evidence of that.

what trollbait?

if you think it's a genuine troll your duty as a 'good spirited and rules abiding forumite' would be to report and ignore it, right? or did you just dive into a 'troll thread' throwing accusations of trolling at someone because his statement makes you uncomfortable?

If you think OP is sincere and in good faith, that is your assessment. For the rest, I dont go around reporting posts and I ignore, or not, what I want. If you think I accuse people of trolling because statements make me 'uncomfortable, then all I can offer you is a heartily 'LOL'. But again, feel free to make up your own mind. :)

7th March:

yeah, but, like, that is just words man. FD should communicate more. Unless they do, then I dont believe it anyway because, I dunno. Like whatever. Man.

Truly, I know there are some people who are genuinely antsy and need to be comforted and re-assured on a weekly basis. I genuinely feel for them because life must be excruciatingly anxiety-inducing at every step of the way. Others really don't care and just like to stir in some feces. :p

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I can imagine how many bought the game for the first time right after the FD's announcement about fleet carriers. ;)

Hundreds of thousands, millions of completely new players perhaps, undoubtedly! And all of them hinging their decision to spend all their hard earned cash with FDEV in that one particular feature alone and absolutely nothing about the rest of the game.

Jokes aside, let´s try to keep some perspective and scale on the matter. At least FDEV was clearly upfront and public about its delay statement.

what trollbait?

You clearly don't understand troll-thread development.

If they'd talk more the usual suspects would simply derive/create more uncertainties out of that.

What is there to communicate anyway?

FD:"We want to introduce executive-class carriers for multiplay fun."
FD:"We've run into a bit of a snag, we will delay it but it'll come later."
FD:"Just to re-assure you, we are still dedicated to bringing this to you at a later time."

It isn't really that complicated a story. :p

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom