Roadmap leaked??

Was kind of neglecing the leak but after all what was said I decided to add my thoughts. If this is true its better to say it early than too late:
I consider doing big update and not adding atmospheric planets in it big disappointment. Why? Because it was a big part of Elite II and FFE while space legs are something new to Elite series. If the leak is a test of community response I really hope that atmo-landings are coming but just didn't leaked (yet?).

I think it's silly to think that this roadmap leak is intentional by Frontier. No company in their right mind would leak so far into their plans. Most just leak things decently close so that the hype doesn't die down.

This in my opinion is:

1. A higher-up at FDev doesn't agree with how things are being ran over there, so this is his way of 'taking control'.​
or
2. Someone's e-mail got hacked, like an investor or someone who would be allowed to see the company's future plans.​
Regardless, it's so much better than the complete silence Frontier would've offered us. At least we have some things to talk about. Imagine if the 'new CGs' would've been the only thing we could've discussed.

Dunno about the rest of you but I had hoped this was all fake because "base building" in Elite Dangerous? Why the hell would we want that, its not NMS.

I was imagining something closer to jwe rather than no mans sky..? hopefully the interiors will be also done so we can space legs them.

Frontier are pretty fond of stamping things down and it’s already in cobra..

Yeah, I'm not keen on someone losing his/her job over this.

Agreed, it is a shame. But on the other hand, they've been careless at best and downright contemptuous at worst.

Even more than that, they're pretty much guaranteeing they'll never work in the games industry again, and any other company with any confidentiality policy would be loathe to employ them either.

So I can't have too much sympathy for the leaker, to be honest.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I was imagining something closer to jwe rather than no mans sky..? hopefully the interiors will be also done so we can space legs them.

Yeh I guess it might need base building if space legs is added.... Not sure why we would want JWE type base building in the game though, at least NMS style would give space legs a reason, still not keen personally.

Dunno about the rest of you but I had hoped this was all fake because "base building" in Elite Dangerous? Why the hell would we want that, its not NMS.

I have a feeling the "base building" is more about customizing ship, fleet carriers and even maybe megaship internals. I can't picture building stuff NMS-style in Elite. I don't think they'd go that path, unless they're planning to switch to dedicated servers.

I'm hoping it's base-building like colonisation - build a base and it's public - anyone can go there and your squadron's MF gets a foothold. Someone else builds a base and their MF gets in the system, let BGS battle commence. Do extra work to unlock extra facilities.

Seems many others just want their own personal space, and I find that much less interesting.

Guess we'll see.

I

I expect to be far more complex than NMS base building

With energy and oxigen mantenance and several modules upgrades for you base.

Staff morale and other stuff could be included. I'm totally down for it.

I'm hoping it's base-building like colonisation - build a base and it's public - anyone can go there and your squadron's MF gets a foothold. Someone else builds a base and their MF gets in the system, let BGS battle commence. Do extra work to unlock extra facilities.

Seems many others just want their own personal space, and I find that much less interesting.

Guess we'll see.

Personally id be happy with just ship interiors that can be customised somehow.. being able to do it to a base would be a bonus. Yeah i couldn't imagine what they are thinking we're to do with them. The BGS is a feature for nerds, its proven too hard to be mainstream so.... yeah no idea. Its not like we need in game resources in the current game so yeah should be good to see what they come up with.

Staff morale and other stuff could be included. I'm totally down for it.

I doubt it. JWE doesn't have management features and its a fully fledged park builder... too hard?

I doubt it. JWE doesn't have management features and its a fully fledged park builder... too hard?
There do seem to be a surprising number of people who seem to think that simulating every aspect of an entire galaxy should be doable in a game.... staff morale is not the first thing I would be looking at in ED... or the 2nd ...or the 100,000th...

the more this leak becomes "true" the less desire I have to stick around until 2020. Legs and base building are the two least desired feature I have for this game. the third would ingame coloniscopies.

at this point if anither VR title doesn't capture my interest I'll probably sell my VR gear and go back to my non-video game playing adult existence. I was about to build a new VR rig but this increasingly accurate leak has killed thise plans and Im not really paying attention anymore.

I bought NMS 2 weeks ago which is like 95% legs amd base building. Played it for 2 weeks and had enough. Not a bad game....just played out.

There do seem to be a surprising number of people who seem to think that simulating every aspect of an entire galaxy should be doable in a game.... staff morale is not the first thing I would be looking at in ED... or the 2nd ...or the 100,000th...

Well, why not wish. Its not like any of us are going to get what we were thinking anyway :) What about being able to see npc crew? You can't imagine how many times i've fired that poor mostly harmless npc in the hope of finding my special friend. A passport photo isn't nearly enough.

Well, why not wish. Its not like any of us are going to get what we were thinking anyway :)

That's why setting some expectations are in order from fdev. We already have someone wanting staff sentiment to be modelled - next there'll be calls for modules to dispense kibble for the cockpits cat (& dogs) that are obviously part of the space legs release... etc etc

Most offensive part of this new JWE reveal is they have the audacity to charge 13 quid for it.

IF thats the future that awaits Elite 2020 then they can keep it.

I hope they actually find out a way to make more money out of elite so braben puts more interest into it. Why would the old team move away if not to greener pastures?

With so many things in elite, it feels like they're looking at whatever metric, seeing its bad, and deciding its better elsewhere instead of just changing in the most smallest ways to win the day. Look at the ship skins. If they weren't set on releasing crap and more crap every week the cfo might be reporting something different back. I can't help but imagine in fact they've concluded there's only a small market for ship skins and instead went to work on planet zoo and disney planet coaster. There's heaps of gameplay features they've thrown the baby out with instead of just some small improvements over what they already had.

That's why setting some expectations are in order from fdev. We already have someone wanting staff sentiment to be modelled - next there'll be calls for modules to dispense kibble for the cockpits cat (& dogs) that are obviously part of the space legs release... etc etc

That coffee machine better ruddy work.. that's one of my top 5 wishes!!!

Last edited:
Most offensive part of this new JWE reveal is they have the audacity to charge 13 quid for it.

IF thats the future that awaits Elite 2020 then they can keep it.
We've had people here complaining for the last year about how fdev has the audacity to release Beyond for free - think of the lepers! fdev just can't win

Their claim "We don't announce anything, so you don't end up disappointed" no longer holds water and the best proof is that after delaying the fleet carriers and new ice planets shaders did you see us rage about it?! No, you didn't. We understand. And we wait.
I remember seeing rage posts about the fleet carriers and ice planet last year.

Top Bottom