Roadmap leaked??

If it is intentional, it's certainly a clever way of giving us what we're asking for - information - while circumventing the investors and official announcement timings etc...

But we'll never know if it is.

If it is intentional, it's certainly a clever way of giving us what we're asking for - information - while circumventing the investors and official announcement timings etc...

But we'll never know if it is.

What is weird is that with all the information shared FDev should have been able to pin down quickly who leaked the stuff. Not sure that every employee have access to this kind of information on every games. The fact that the leak is continuing after that long make it looks like FDev did plan the leaks ...

What is weird is that with all the information shared FDev should have been able to pin down quickly who leaked the stuff. Not sure that every employee have access to this kind of information on every games. The fact that the leak is continuing after that long make it looks like FDev did plan the leaks ...
Or, the epic spymaster's 101 ...... uncover the traitor but don't reveal it to him or her, and trickle feed them with false information :whistle:

It's Cambridge ... the place is full of spies :giggle:

I completely agree, especially on a second leak. Its just so daft though.. frontier are positioning themselves firmly outside the respectable norm. During 2016 maybe 2017, frontier acted like a normal upstanding developer. In 2018 / 2019 they've completely changed, shut off and disabled, sadly without the godlike output thats needed to forgive a cold shoulder. Go back on youtube and look at all those information streams they did. Both the quantity and the heart they had were completely different to the smug stage shows of the last 2 years.

Maybe something to do with the new building and growing?

Its them not us :)

Last edited:
Ach, they'll roll out the roadshow again when they've got something to show. (I'm intrigued to hear the 'I started on this...' war stories the most ;))

Ach, they'll roll out the roadshow again when they've got something to show. (I'm intrigued to hear the 'I started on this...' war stories the most ;))

Apparently they do have stuff to show, see thread. Must be some extreme risk / lack of confidence if they not ready to formally say hello even. No need to speculate further.

And most of all, they never made a promise that way. Didn't get space legs? Oh, well, we never said it... ;)

Or, the epic spymaster's 101 ...... uncover the traitor but don't reveal it to him or her, and trickle feed them with false information :whistle:

It's Cambridge ... the place is full of spies :giggle:

Yeah right but problem is that the leak nailed it since the beginning (Dinosaurs names, Ghost DLC, Planet Zoo...). They failed the spymaster's 101 because they are still feeding him with good info lol

The Thargoid model could be fake but god damn...would fit with FDev style and old models + theperson (or people) working on the fake-leak have a lot of time to lose creating this kind of 3D model...could have sticked with some text.

Look at engineer's which you call a grind. People grind out the easiest and most efficient way to do it, and then complain it's a grind.
Because it IS a grind.
No matter how you twist and turn it, it becomes a log fest/grind.

Faction/Powerplay people aren't really experiencing the game, or playing the game for the sake of playing the game.

I mean, I now do deep core mining because there's a level of skill involved. Not just buy stuff here, sell there... or get stuff here, bring there.
Some might argue that it is still a grind, but I think it's not so grindy, because you're doing something physical, or skill-based, as opposed to just playing with numbers.
That's why I earlier did PVP and bounty hunting, over trade, laser mining, and passenger missions. But I remained a pauper, in game terms, until Deep core mining came about. I just couldn't be arsed to do the grindy things. And by grind, i meant doing inane, skill-less things that are repetitious. Like running numbers.
The whole BGS is really just some decoration on the cake, but doesn't make the cake taste any better. The BGS doesn't really do much for me in terms of gameplay.

Core mining has been the best of the upgrades in all this, as you stated, it involves more skill and actual gameplay than just fetch/kill missions or chauffeur people to another spot in the galaxy.

This is pretty much what I mean. The BGS gives you reasons to do stuff. If there is a better reward for the more time consuming and riskier way then people will do it. It is just as efficient as any other way. The same goes for space legs.

Personally I would love mission rewards and faction benefits to be completely redone. They make little sense at the moment.
Really? Why play the BGS? Doesn't alter the game experience from my end, nor do I see any changes. Who is in charge and who is in boom isn't really doing much.

The mission board/missions themselves need a big overhaul.
If a mission is designed to be completed by 4 players, it should pay 4 times the amount due to risk/work involved.
Risk/reward atm is not in a good balance, or the missions themselves. Number change, pretty much same text wall that I haven't read in years. "Kill X in system Y, get money = Z".

Yeah right but problem is that the leak nailed it since the beginning (Dinosaurs names, Ghost DLC, Planet Zoo...). They failed the spymaster's 101 because they are still feeding him with good info lol

The Thargoid model could be fake but god damn...would fit with FDev style and old models + theperson (or people) working on the fake-leak have a lot of time to lose creating this kind of 3D model...could have sticked with some text.

The thing is to sell a big lie you need to give away some truths to seem convincing. If the leak had failed any of the tests we would most likely have stopped talking about it. I'd suggest that the dinosaur names isn't too big a giveaway and Planet Zoo was fairly obvious (though it was a 50/50 whether it would be Planet Safari). The only surprise so far has been the Ghostbusters DLC, but then again the leak wasn't too far ahead of the official announcement.

During 2016 maybe 2017, frontier acted like a normal upstanding developer. In 2018 / 2019 they've completely changed, shut off and disabled, sadly without the godlike output thats needed to forgive a cold shoulder. Go back on youtube and look at all those information streams they did. Both the quantity and the heart they had were completely different to the smug stage shows of the last 2 years.

Maybe something to do with the new building and growing?

Its them not us :)

It is indeed sad. I wish Fdev would be more open and transparent with development like the good old days. They are pretty much pulling a no mans sky level of information black out after a bad launch, but whats Fdev’s excuse? It almost feels like they are not confident with what they are working on. What makes the black out worse is their competition (Star Citizen) has weekly video updates that are very informative. I feel jealous to be honest lol.

Last edited:
Because it IS a grind.
No matter how you twist and turn it, it becomes a log fest/grind.
What is a log fest when at home. As far as I am concerned I have not done any grind for any of my engineered modules. You do know what grind is don't you?

The whole BGS is really just some decoration on the cake, but doesn't make the cake taste any better. The BGS doesn't really do much for me in terms of gameplay.
That's you. Not for many others.

Really? Why play the BGS? Doesn't alter the game experience from my end, nor do I see any changes. Who is in charge and who is in boom isn't really doing much.
That depends if you want to support a faction or not.

The mission board/missions themselves need a big overhaul.
Agreed

If a mission is designed to be completed by 4 players, it should pay 4 times the amount due to risk/work involved.
Risk/reward atm is not in a good balance, or the missions themselves. Number change, pretty much same text wall that I haven't read in years. "Kill X in system Y, get money = Z".
I am unsure what you mean here. Personally I think missions should pay one basic amount, then add a time bonus. The quicker you do it the more you get paid. Have those missions shareable and the rewards are split between the players, not duplicated. That makes little to zero sense. The quicker you do it the more you get paid. It is also self governing for beginners. Hauling 100 units of something will take a long time with a cargo space of 4 units. It will take some time. A person in an anaconda can take a couple of those missions and do them in a single trip, getting paid more due to time bonus as well.

Missions based on moving commodities the monetary reward should be based on the commodity prices in those systems. It makes no sense for someone to hire you to move three units of fruit and veg for over a millions credits. Much cheaper to buy a ship for yourself.

Basically make the missions make sense. Missions should also be a side bonus. Most money should be made from trading, mining, bounty hunting, pirating. Not doing some missions. I also don't think missions rewards should go up with your faction status. Faction status should give you better prices on fuel, restock, modules, ships etc. It would give you incentive to help this factions. Also depending on the state of the faction, that should also make a difference on the price of ships, fuel, restock too.

Elite status shouldn't effect he money you get from missions either. What it should do is lower your insurance premiums. The more elite you are the more experienced you are the less you have to pay in insurance costs. It makes more sense.

I suppose they could use your elite ranking to increase rewards, but it shouldn't be a considerable amount. Think of it that they are paying for you expertise.

That's is how I would prefer the current missions to work.

I would like to see current missions to be turned into mini quests of some kind using the follow-on missions. All missions should be multiple parts. Wrinkles in missions should be mini-missions of their own, not just get it there quicker or they are sending some ships to intercept you.

Also there shouldn't be many missions available. The should just be a supplement of what we can already do in the game.

I would also like to see us getting missions/mini quests from different places. Bounty hunting missions should only be available from the security contact. They would offer missions to hunt down a specific person. That could be done in multiple missions, turning it into a mini quest.

I think FDev made a major error when they made missions the main source of income.

dxm55

Banned
I think FDev made a major error when they made missions the main source of income.

Except that it isn't. Even from the get go as a noob, I avoided all board missions like the plague.

Many of them were so boring..... Bring stuff here or there. Scan stuff here or there.
Or dangerous, such that the payout wasn't worth the risk ..... Kill X number of pirates at Location Y.

In fact, straight from the beginning, I was already hauling minor cargo to upgrade myself from a Crapwinder to a decent small fighting ship and then straight into bounty hunting.
Up till now, 4 years into the game, I can count the number of missions I've actually taken up on one hand.

In this game, you can be an employee and take up missions....
Or you can be a business man, and do your own trading/mining/bounty hunting without being given directions to.

Except that it isn't. Even from the get go as a noob, I avoided all board missions like the plague.
That's you. I know of plenty that have only ever done missions.

Many of them were so boring..... Bring stuff here or there. Scan stuff here or there.
Or dangerous, such that the payout wasn't worth the risk ..... Kill X number of pirates at Location Y.
Agreed. Hence the reason why I would like a complete overhaul.

In fact, straight from the beginning, I was already hauling minor cargo to upgrade myself from a Crapwinder to a decent small fighting ship and then straight into bounty hunting.
Up till now, 4 years into the game, I can count the number of missions I've actually taken up on one hand.
That's because the missions are rubbish. But people generally gravitate to the easiest and most lucrative option, which missions are. You are like me. I don't do many missions for that exact reason, but many do, and then say the game is boring. Missions need to be something extra then what we can already do. Hence the reason why I would like to see missions as mini-quests.

In this game, you can be an employee and take up missions....
Or you can be a business man, and do your own trading/mining/bounty hunting without being given directions to.
We are not employees. We are independent pilots. Missions are contracts that you can choose to take or not and you are open to trade and bounty hunt or anything else in the game and do missions at the same time. But I would prefer the game world to make some kind of sense. Missions make no monetary sense what so ever.

That's you. I know of plenty that have only ever done missions.

Agreed. Hence the reason why I would like a complete overhaul.

That's because the missions are rubbish. But people generally gravitate to the easiest and most lucrative option, which missions are. You are like me. I don't do many missions for that exact reason, but many do, and then say the game is boring. Missions need to be something extra then what we can already do. Hence the reason why I would like to see missions as mini-quests.

We are not employees. We are independent pilots. Missions are contracts that you can choose to take or not and you are open to trade and bounty hunt or anything else in the game and do missions at the same time. But I would prefer the game world to make some kind of sense. Missions make no monetary sense what so ever.

I believe the misunderstanding with missions is that they became lucrative much later on in Elite's development history Anyhow.

I agree that it would be more ideal to have quest-fashion missions, instead of the detached and impersonal contract sort of thing we've had all this while. The trouble is how to apply that to procedural generation and come out with something coherent; it'd certainly take creativity and talent on the writing side of things.

What is a log fest when at home. As far as I am concerned I have not done any grind for any of my engineered modules. You do know what grind is don't you?

That's you. Not for many others.

That depends if you want to support a faction or not.

Agreed

I am unsure what you mean here. Personally I think missions should pay one basic amount, then add a time bonus. The quicker you do it the more you get paid. Have those missions shareable and the rewards are split between the players, not duplicated. That makes little to zero sense. The quicker you do it the more you get paid. It is also self governing for beginners. Hauling 100 units of something will take a long time with a cargo space of 4 units. It will take some time. A person in an anaconda can take a couple of those missions and do them in a single trip, getting paid more due to time bonus as well.

Missions based on moving commodities the monetary reward should be based on the commodity prices in those systems. It makes no sense for someone to hire you to move three units of fruit and veg for over a millions credits. Much cheaper to buy a ship for yourself.

Basically make the missions make sense. Missions should also be a side bonus. Most money should be made from trading, mining, bounty hunting, pirating. Not doing some missions. I also don't think missions rewards should go up with your faction status. Faction status should give you better prices on fuel, restock, modules, ships etc. It would give you incentive to help this factions. Also depending on the state of the faction, that should also make a difference on the price of ships, fuel, restock too.

Elite status shouldn't effect he money you get from missions either. What it should do is lower your insurance premiums. The more elite you are the more experienced you are the less you have to pay in insurance costs. It makes more sense.

I suppose they could use your elite ranking to increase rewards, but it shouldn't be a considerable amount. Think of it that they are paying for you expertise.

That's is how I would prefer the current missions to work.

I would like to see current missions to be turned into mini quests of some kind using the follow-on missions. All missions should be multiple parts. Wrinkles in missions should be mini-missions of their own, not just get it there quicker or they are sending some ships to intercept you.

Also there shouldn't be many missions available. The should just be a supplement of what we can already do in the game.

I would also like to see us getting missions/mini quests from different places. Bounty hunting missions should only be available from the security contact. They would offer missions to hunt down a specific person. That could be done in multiple missions, turning it into a mini quest.

Its an interesting topic. By chance when i started playing, the mission board was so not lucrative and undeveloped that you were better off going to the sandbox to get started. All the guides on youtube and reddit suggested going bounty hunting as the first thing you did. Watching this change and evolve over the years was a little bit dismaying. It was obviously a response to new players (??) seeing the inadequate mission board first infront of them, not having seen any guides, and making complaints loud enough to move the mountain to get frontier to act on it. Then there was the snowballing effect of the people who were accommodated by this making further developed complaints and frontier continuing to respond, for years the sandbox was long forgotten and languished while frontier changed the systems and watched the effect on steam reviews. The sandbox pillars for years became role play (i was fine with this).

I thought the best time of the mission board was around 2.1 to 2.2. Frontier every patch was connecting the mission board closer to the bgs.. and there were really lucrative outlier conditions as well where if you combined bubble location, population, station economy, controlling faction government and economic state, you could go and FIND within the bubble stations that had nothing but lists of stackable missions of exactly the type you wanted to play. The exploration and goldmine game was so good. I did for hundreds of hours finding my own systems which you could stack skimmers, medium range cargo delivery, data delivery and get superpower rep that wasn't one of the publicly known ones. I loved it. You ended up with a handful of systems which you could look in and if they were boom say know it was up for exploiting. That's how i earned my credit balance anyway. Of course this was too hard for the majority to work out. Every upvoted complaint i heard about stations with no missions filled me with dread and we are were we are today... zero variation except based on station economy and possibly a really weak influence from active state.

The main intention i get from the mission board is a year old balance pass of what frontier want you to be earning off missions, same base stacking completely removed (and replaced by wing missions, not the same).. and zero value in trying to find another station apart from the one you're on.

For personal fun i going back to the sandbox might be it. Its probably a royal shame that anything interesting out of the stations has been watered out if anything. It was fun having a reason to go explore the bubble. Roleplay it is.

The main intention i get from the mission board is a year old balance pass of what frontier want you to be earning off missions, same base stacking completely removed (and replaced by wing missions, not the same).. and zero value in trying to find another station apart from the one you're on.
I picked up a stack of same-base cargo missions out of Shinrarta .... did it about 3 times in a row to boost my income level ... I was down to less than 500 million ... gasp !
So same-base cargo missions, when you have good rep, are still a thing ... and follow on missions from those ... and missions to other destinations.

Top Bottom