Notice A statement on cheating in Elite Dangerous.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

ryan_m

Banned
Let me condense it: "PvPers generally don't use the forums", "biased modding", "toxicity of the community". All in one sentence, delicious. Whenever I'll feel the need to come up with a prime example of a totally screwed perception, I'll keep this quote in mind.
Thank you very much, you made my day good Sir! :ROFLMAO:
while I wouldn't be entirely surprised if my post would be modded away LOL

A former mod that has participated in this thread was removed specifically for that, so I dunno what to tell you.

Let me condense it: "PvPers generally don't use the forums", "biased modding", "toxicity of the community". All in one sentence, delicious. Whenever I'll feel the need to come up with a prime example of a totally screwed perception, I'll keep this quote in mind.
Thank you very much! :ROFLMAO:

PvPers get their real-life moral character and mental health called into question all the time because of the way they play a video game, with the mods looking on and yawning. Yet the moment some PvE zealot is called a coward or out of touch with reality over melting down because their pixel ship was 'sploded you can bet that there's going to be some snipping.

It's real, whether or not you acknowledge it.

The Replicated Man

T
Who said the PvP'ers have a monopoly on toxic comments? In most cases they are literally calling for it, so that's that. It's always easier to spot bad behavior form 'the others'. I see both sorts of poison, how about you?
So you are saying PvPers are just asking for it?

Wow. I'm done.

Because PvPers generally don't use the forums because of biased modding and the toxicity of the community. Harry runs into more hackers than anyone else in this game specifically because of his visibility, and that scenario, while legit, lends itself to some skepticism. It was a PvPer on a fresh alt account that dunked on him which is always suspect.

I could post 20+ videos of my friends and I encountering obvious cheaters but that is against forum rules so I'll get moderated for it.

There is always reddit... you held there quite a campaign against combat loggers but nothing about hackers?

Well, naming and shaming 20 idiots - assuming that they were 20 distinctive individuals and not 3-4 cheating multiple times would had been less much harmful than the campaign organized here and the blanket statements of "Rampant Cheating"

They're playing their way while the cheaters are cheating. So, no. Not really.

Neither are the gankers and the gankees. Also interesting to note that when those who want to avoid the gankers by playing in PG/solo they get looked down on, for playing in a different way.

Shoe. Other. Foot. Funny.

Neither are the gankers and the gankees. Also interesting to note that when those who want to avoid the gankers by playing in PG/solo they get looked down on, for playing in a different way.

Cornered, we see the wild Agony_Aunt resort to refuting arguments that Phisto never made. Can the straw man move the goal-posts in time before anyone catches on?

Last edited:

The gankers and gankees all clicked Open Play. Frontier has said again and again that they condone killing Commanders in Open Play at any time for any reason.

They do not condone cheating. Read the OP again, if you must.

I also, for a long time now, have vociferously encouraged folks choose the mode that is suitable for them.

I'll go ahead and boil your shoes for you. How does well done with a pinch of rosemary sound? Tasty, I think!

Goose4291

Banned

tenor.gif

I have a confession about my recent Open play participation. I still fly in Open on my three toons, but I am far more wary about supercruise interactions. In the past, depending what I was flying, I always played the position game, swing wide away from the destination, swing in at the last minute, use planets to block, etc. Get interdicted, fine do the escape routine. Get smacked, fine - it's Open.

Now if it's a combat ship in the same SC instance with fsdi out, I don't even bother. Just drop down, switch to PG. Complete the trip.

It's not that I think there are vast numbers of cheaters ready to gank with invincible godlike power (power imabalances were already intimidating), no I just don't feel like it's worth it.

That's the problem with cheater tolerance by devs. It has a chilling effect on player interaction.

Given that FDEV has been sort of dopey about how decades of MMOs have handled PVE and PVP, I'm sure they don't really see the risk here.

Sure "the majority of players play in open", but how are they engaging in open? Are they doing the cheesey things I'm doing with it?

Just a query and it may help me to understand the game mechanics a little more I play xbox in solo and I go to a system say to mine opal then find after a few fruitless hours its devoid of opal . Is it safe to assume that the system planet etc exists and I mean resources wise IE void opal irrespective of which platform I play PC xbox playstation . That if a cheat for say mining on the PC were cheating mods hacks is far more prevalent than consoles that if a void opal hotspot is mined out on the PC the same criteria apply too xbox playstation opal hotspots they are dead as well .its just I noticed a recently and this includes areas that require 40+ jumps devoid off opal or LTD as well and this isn't over a 2 3 hour period but numerous hours over a number of days .

More like raising awareness to prompt Frontier to deal with the problem when it became apperent that discrete communication wasn't working. Literally the opposite of advertising.

Err, this is what advertising means:"the action of calling something to the attention of the public".

This is quite literally what the stated objective was. Think of it what you will but let's not redefine words. :p

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom