Notice A statement on cheating in Elite Dangerous.

Bots are capable of that through OCR. I saw a bot that would auto-jump for you to any destination (and scoop fuel). Guy went to Colonia with it while he was sleeping. Can't imagine it would be much more difficult to do the same for that.

Remember, though, that many of these cheats have "instant drop at destination" as a feature, so all you'd have to do is select your end point, jump to SC, then use the hack function to drop you right in front of the slot. EZPZ
I wonder if the bot honked for them too. All that ill gotten data. But hey, let's downplay it some more. No big deal.

But, but... you cheated, you are stained forever!
Right? Someone pays their debt you leave them be. Few things more disgusting than folks that won't.

If you can rewrite the post without being derrogatory to those who are not interested in PvP, i will read it.
To be honest, you're just going to go off on another strawman if I do, and it wasn't addressed to you in the first instance (it was aimed at Troopi to shine a little colourfully written light on their query), so I won't bother.

Pfft, you ain't seen vulgar.

Regarding the 5/1 engineer exploit why do people keep bringing that up? They were punished, yes? Ill gotten gains were taken away, yes?

Get over it and move on.
I don't think I know one player group that would stand the gutting a 'perma-ban for any form of exploit' would cause for them amongst their membership (particularly among the big kids). I mean I even had a G5 Lightweight Chaff launcher I accidentally got from 5/1 and didn't know a thing about it until I had it taken away :D

I don't think I know one player group that would stand the gutting a 'perma-ban for any form of exploit' would cause for them amongst their membership (particularly among the big kids). I mean I even had a G5 Lightweight Chaff launcher I accidentally got from 5/1 and didn't know a thing about it until I had it taken away :D
For exploits it would be over the top. On that note before the PvP haters roll in let's all keep in mind the OP doesn't mention exploits at all. Installing software to hack the game is way worse than manipulating poor code for an unintended result. Fixing the code and then removing the ill-gotten gains is as fair as this kind of thing can get.

EDIT: Clarity.

Bots are capable of that through OCR. I saw a bot that would auto-jump for you to any destination (and scoop fuel). Guy went to Colonia with it while he was sleeping. Can't imagine it would be much more difficult to do the same for that.

Remember, though, that many of these cheats have "instant drop at destination" as a feature, so all you'd have to do is select your end point, jump to SC, then use the hack function to drop you right in front of the slot. EZPZ
Hmm... ok, so the bots and cheat can work hand in hand, makes sense. But is it clever enough to detect when a CZ is finished? As i understand the effect on the BGS now is greater if you complete the CZ and not just gather bonds.

Do you have any knowledge of this?

Turretboats sure, and you could do that without cheats (cheers engineers!). The question was about bots and their functionality.
As far as I am aware none exist, because in part there is no need due to the AFK boats. As far as cheating in a new CZ, if you have one shot kills mods, you could mercilessly spank any while hoovering up credits from massacre missions. Remember war bonds don't have a pronounced effect on the outcome, so if you can rack up wins alone you have won (so trips back and forward are not required).

Hmm... ok, so the bots and cheat can work hand in hand, makes sense. But is it clever enough to detect when a CZ is finished? As i understand the effect on the BGS now is greater if you complete the CZ and not just gather bonds.

Not 100% sure, but I can imagine there is something written in a journal file indicating this that can be read. Could use OCR for it too, if there's no journal file.

As far as I am aware none exist, because in part there is no need due to the AFK boats. As far as cheating in a new CZ, if you have one shot kills mods, you could mercilessly spank any while hoovering up credits from massacre missions. Remember war bonds don't have a pronounced effect on the outcome, so if you can rack up wins alone you have won (so trips back and forward are not required).
Sure, but were we not talking about bots and automating the process. Sure, you can make it quicker and less effort, but the question is, could you fire it up, walk away, return hours later, and it would be beavering away? Or do you have to sit by the comp, periodically alt-tabbing and issuing instructions?

The difference would be between someone being able to do it for hours or someone being able to leave it running 24/7.

Turretboats sure, and you could do that without cheats (cheers engineers!). The question was about bots and their functionality.
Based on the documentation we've seen regarding Powerplay debacle (where yet again, the 62nd Braben's Own White Knight Regiment of Horse, 2nd Anti-change Battalion denied there even were bots, let alone that they posed a threat to the regular playerbase) right now the bots can undock, fly to a CZ, deploy turrets, go about on a MDK rampage, RTB, land and sell their bonds and repeat the loop in ad nauseam with no participation on their part beyond initiating it.

It would take very little I imagine for these admitedly intelligent individuals in terms of creativity to problem solve round the changes and extend that to the new Mechanics.

Based on the documentation we've seen regarding Powerplay debacle (where yet again, the 62nd Braben's Own White Knight Regiment of Horse, 2nd Anti-change Battalion denied there even were bots, let alone that they posed a threat to the regular playerbase) right now the bots can undock, fly to a CZ, deploy turrets, go about on a MDK rampage, RTB, land and sell their bonds and repeat the loop in ad nauseam with no participation on their part beyond initiating it.

It would take very little I imagine for these admitedly intelligent individuals in terms of creativity to problem solve round the changes and extend that to the new Mechanics.
Thanks, that is what i was looking for. Then indeed, that is troubling for war situations.

One has to wonder then, how many cheaters there are doing this.

Based on dabbling with Thargoid stuff, the new CZ side of things seems to be mostly a pretty GUI with a little incentive towards filling the box, but still heavily rewarding transactional interactions.

Which is why I can fly to a Thargoid Infested system and assist in the process by killing any scouts I find in an AX Conflict Zone, leaping out when the big boys arrive to cash in my bonds and repeat the process.

CAVEAT: Please note I'm no longer massively playing in this manner to give a solid answer someone like Walt Kerman might be able to offer.

Probably a fair few. Even worse, I bet they're multi-boxing too.

Because as I've always said, E-Spaceships always seem to bring the crazy out in people.
I can imagine some indeed do multi-boxing. I know some cheaters keep multiple accounts (presumably bought up during sales) so if you have them available, might as well just run them together. I presume you could even run a few on a single decent PC via VMs as long as you ran only the base game, not Horizons... i suppose on some you might even be able to run Horizons (not sure about the current state of VMware and the likes for full 3D support, i know it was pretty good last time i checked).

I suppose we can never know though how many are doing it and how many care about the BGS, but when people get competitive, some resort to cheating.

Top Bottom