Could Frontier please demonstrate how to use the FSS enjoyably?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Here's a challenge. Find someone inside frontier, familiar with the fss, that goes home and plays elite in anticipation of using the fss to go exploring or find signal sources. Get them to come on stream, and use it over an extended period, sharing insights about what they're enjoying about the experience, and critically what they're thinking thoughout its use. Ever since its launch, i can't do it, and i've tried seriously... i'm very fond of elite, and all i've ever wanted to do was make it work.

I just watched Paiges live stream, and for the first time in history saw someone at frontier use the fss is a non dismissive way. How she used it was closer to how i try to use it, as when trying the way Will demonstrates I almost quit the game. But im genuinely lost on how that experience can be used enjoyably for longer exploration trips.

Just in case, avoiding another type of gameplay does not count as enjoyment to me. That's fools gold there.

Please help, and thankyou. A demonstration of 2-3 systems in sequence is all i need help with.
...and get them to explain why being forced to stay stationary is a better design choice than instead allowing Explorers to use their valuable time more wisely by Supercruising to object X (maybe even using that lovely new Supercruise Assistant), while then enroute continuing to use the FSS to identify the rest of the objects in the system?

No one actually dislikes the FSS. Some feel obliged to pretend to dislike it. Maybe out of some weird fanboy view-point. I dunno. But, no one, in their heart, really, actually like dislikes it.

I don't dislike it...but I do wish it was better, lol.
I seem to feel that way towards a lot of features, actually.
Games, too, in general.

Well, you know, all the people that don’t like it and are annoyed about it.
Keep in mind a forum like this (or any other) is a highly selective filter due to human nature -- more people will post gripes than contentment or even enjoyment. And the "Meh" crowd is not among the dislikers and annoyed, either, so what results is commentary skewed to the negative. It's not a reliable barometer of actual sentiment.

Well, you know, all the people that don’t like it and are annoyed about it.

The problem is that you have been permanently annoyed and upset, and posted over and over how everything is so terrible and horrible for years, that you disliking anything in particular lost any meaning to an outside observer.

Someone like DrewCarnegie has credibility as he doesn't go around labeling every new thing or change the worst thing ever.

The problem is that you have been permanently annoyed and upset, and posted over and over how everything is so terrible and horrible for years, that you disliking anything in particular lost any meaning to an outside observer.
I admire his consistency :D

Someone like DrewCarnegie has credibility as he doesn't go around labeling every new thing or change the worst thing ever.
🤗

No one actually dislikes the FSS. Some feel obliged to pretend to dislike it.
False - the FSS/DSS are arguably some of the worst ideas FD have ever conceived.

The general concepts are at best passable, but the overall implementation and integration is abysmal.

Yeah but the fss is still

No one actually dislikes the FSS. Some feel obliged to pretend to dislike it. Maybe out of some weird fanboy view-point. I dunno. But, no one, in their heart, really, actually like dislikes it.

I like sushi with soy sauce but I don't like soy sauce, eating pure chlorine is deadly, eating pure sodium is no good either, salt is a tasty additive to food and is a necessary nutrient.

Point in case, the FSS by itself sucks, if I had the ADS with it then I'd still be exploring nowadays.

Keep in mind a forum like this (or any other) is a highly selective filter due to human nature -- more people will post gripes than contentment or even enjoyment. And the "Meh" crowd is not among the dislikers and annoyed, either, so what results is commentary skewed to the negative. It's not a reliable barometer of actual sentiment.

Are you sure? This is a forum for those who play the game, never forget that.

When I see people still enjoying this pointless and never ending discussion I slowly start to get why some were actually liking the ADS. It's pretty much on the same level of this hollow nonsense. And it's still in SUGGESTIONS, can't believe it...

The irony is strong in you.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom