ANNOUNCEMENT Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal

I don't care to jump through more hoops to get something at the store; I just want to get my GD credit card out and be done with it. If they want to award additional store credit for playing fine but I am good with my CC.

I don't play on console for a lot of reasons and this is one.
Fair enough. was just trying to offer a solution. Keep your shirt on :)

As promised for this year small and QOL type updates mainly focussed on new players, good work.

I like the idea of being able to pick up individual paint jobs and pay for them by playing the game just as I already do, the ability to have more views of livery items before purchase and to be able to change them from the main menu is great and I look forward to it.

To me Fleet Carriers are something to ignore like CQC, PP, and BGS manipulation but I am sure that those whose play style runs in that direction will be delighted.

I haven’t read many of the responses to the OP as I really don’t need more depression in my life but again I half wish that the forum software allowed dislikes as well as likes but that is only a half wish as I know that it would probably just make things worse.

Great.
In-game Micro Transactions.
Exactly what we needed, not new content, rebalancing worthless modules.

no a Micro transaction store rework is what we need!! not Bug fixing that are sometimes left for years.
because we dont care about out players, we just care about their money, especially new players , gotta make sure they get into the game, so they can spend money!!

EA move Fdev, EA move.
I do not support this Arx Bullcrap, i dont care if you can now "earn it via gameplay" as its for sure gonna take weeks maybe even longer to earn poorly designed garbage that shouldve been free in the ing first place.

If this is even slightly in your face, or ill be reminded to buy your premium currency, me and all of my friends are gone Frontier.
I'm not even gonna start if i smell the tiniest wiff of P2W.

As for Changing cosmetics on the fly?
I guess its desired, but it kinda takes away from the anticipation of being long in deep space, coming back and making some changes to your ship.

Fleet carriers, great cant wait to see what i need to grind for to make it usable.

Its getting harder and harder justifying staying in this game.

Last edited:
It kinda ruins immersion abit. Is this supposed to simulate commanders putting on a pressure suit and manually going out and repainting their giant anaconda far from any station?
They should require us to equip paint limpets in order to take advantage of this feature.

Please let authorized squadron members control the Fleet Carrier and tell it where to go inside a star system and also between star systems. For example if there's enough fuel the member can select a location in the star system and give the order. Then the ship will move to that location.

There also needs to be enough ship customization with upgrades. Better is if each faction has a different looking Fleet Carrier (Federation, Empire and Alliance).

All of you saying Them adding an ingame cash shop and ingame earnable currency are delusional, if this wasn't meant to be making them even more money, then whats the point of adding it? for the player? dont make me laugh, they are a company, they need to make money.

Did you like, forget crud like Anthem? Fallout 76? Once they get a taste of that sweet sweet whale money it will just get worse.

And whats that? We already have a game shop? True, we do. But its not NEARLY in your face like this.

I'm going to remain VERY skeptical untill i see this implemented, i never trust companies in quenching their greed.
And Fdev have demonstrated Anything but competence regarding their game the last few years.

Great.
In-game Micro Transactions.
Exactly what we needed, not new content, rebalancing worthless modules.
But micro-transactions already exist in-game - have you looked at the Livery section since you started playing?

no a Micro transaction store rework is what we need!! not Bug fixing that are sometimes left for years.
because we dont care about out players, we just care about their money, especially new players , gotta make sure they get into the game, so they can spend money!!
Or even not spend money and get their cosmetics just by playing...

Its getting harder and harder justifying staying in this game.

If it is that tough you know the solution...

I haven’t read many of the responses to the OP as I really don’t need more depression in my life but again I half wish that the forum software allowed dislikes as well as likes but that is only a half wish as I know that it would probably just make things worse.
Yeah man, totally. Your post is missing a dislike button and that is giving me a depression.

All of you saying Them adding an ingame cash shop and ingame earnable currency are delusional, if this wasn't meant to be making them even more money, then whats the point of adding it? for the player? dont make me laugh, they are a company, they need to make money.

Did you like, forget crud like Anthem? Fallout 76? Once they get a taste of that sweet sweet whale money it will just get worse.

And whats that? We already have a game shop? True, we do. But its not NEARLY in your face like this.

I'm going to remain VERY skeptical untill i see this implemented, i never trust companies in quenching their greed.
And Fdev have demonstrated Anything but competence regarding their game the last few years.
I guess it depends on how you plan to play ED. For me I am for better or worse in it for the long haul -so long as they keep supporting vr (even tho am having a break now).
Where people complain of credit grind I see too much credit inflation. I am fine with it taking 100s of hrs to afford the most expensive ships so long as they ARE realistically achievable of doing it on my own without help..
Therefore I am confident I will be able to earn some freebies eventually.
As for who it benefits.... Could it not benefit all FD and us

Oh yaas I can't wait to get a fleet carrier!

I'm actually really excited to see the new-player training being reworked. When I used to play Eve, one of the things that I hated was the lack of tactile mission experiences (if you know what I mean), which were especially needed for new-player intros. A learning curve, even Elite's learning curve can be like kryptonite to new players and ultimately end us up with a game that is only populated by grumpy neckbeards with 800 billion credits, too busy with galactic star-crushing to help a noob learn to place planetary surface miners, or whatever. So I think this is great!

Cosmetics from in-game play = rad. I'll also probably actually buy some stuff now that I don't have to leave the game to do it.

Because it is yet another inducement to play with some sort of group/clan/squadron/gang/wing and will make the player who doesn’t want to team up feel more marginalised.
At least that is my feeling about it.
Have we got any confirmation the carrier will be squadron based yet? I'm hoping it'll be player base because I can't see much use for it if it's controlled by the squadron

Hmm I need to get my head around this... Always wary of Premium Currency being introduced and trickle fed to encourage spending to relieve grind, as in an F2P model. It's often predatory Biowaste, and I really don't want to see Frontier go down that road.

But on the other hand, not a lot negative is really changing for me as an Xbox player. I already have to buy a premium currency (Frontier Points) in order to buy cosmetics from the store. The only difference is that I'll be able to earn the "Frontier Points" or Arx in-game. So I guess that's a win? I mean it'll save a bit of money maybe? Maybe not as we'll probably have to buy the premium currency in packs like we currently do?

I know it's probably stupid of me to ask this of a company that by its very nature is out to make money from its products, but please Frontier, remember your past generosity. Do not trickle feed the Arx in-game, give us missions or activities where we can outright earn enough for a skin in one or two hits. Not like max two or three Arx per day or some rubbish that'll take weeks to earn a 100 (frontier point) weapon colour. Weeks to earn the equivalent of a pound. Please no.

I honestly don't know what to think about this. I literally just gave you guys a glowing review in another thread for your treatment of microtransactions, and this could very easily sour that. Makes me feel a bit of an idiot if it turns out how these things normally do with the other AAA studios and publishers.

Fleet Carriers and the new player experience stuff sounds good though.

I guess it depends on how you plan to play ED. For me I am for better or worse in it for the long haul -so long as they keep supporting vr (even tho am having a break now).
Where people complain of credit grind I see too much credit inflation. I am fine with it taking 100s of hrs to afford the most expensive ships so long as they ARE realistically achievable of doing it on my own without help..
Therefore I am confident I will be able to earn some freebies eventually.
As for who it benefits.... Could it not benefit all FD and us

I Dont trust Fdev, or any company that does this crap.
My biggest praise for Fdev was that they Avoided this kind of crap, and had a Store, but far away from your eyes, and you wouldnt see it unless you wanted to.
Now? its gonna be in your face.

Ive been here since before the beginning, since the premium beta, im in it for the long haul aswell, or at least, i was, if they screw this up, im gone, as will many others.

We dont need a MTX shop, we need god damn game patches and content!!!
And they made more than enough from paint jobs, so reworking an already existing system for "Your convenience" is a bunch of disguised PR bull talk to make the already existing fanboys wet themselves.

Only thing im kind of looking for is to see what kind of a trainwreck the Fleet carriers will be.

Devs need money if they're going to add new landable planets, procedurally generated life forms, new ships, new stations, space legs and player buildable stations!
I support this, just so long as they keep working on the game in a meaningful way--beefing up the revenue stream from cosmetics is a great idea.

I Dont trust Fdev, or any company that does this crap.
My biggest praise for Fdev was that they Avoided this kind of crap, and had a Store, but far away from your eyes, and you wouldnt see it unless you wanted to.
Now? its gonna be in your face.

Ive been here since before the beginning, since the premium beta, im in it for the long haul aswell, or at least, i was, if they screw this up, im gone, as will many others.

We dont need a MTX shop, we need god damn game patches and content!!!
And they made more than enough from paint jobs, so reworking an already existing system for "Your convenience" is a bunch of disguised PR bull talk to make the already existing fanboys wet themselves.

Only thing im kind of looking for is to see what kind of a trainwreck the Fleet carriers will be.
I am with you fully on the game needing more content. I have been hugely dissapointed at the pace of new stuff in the game.... 5 year in early and only 1 premium dlc so far, and the game going in a direction FD gave us no clue about.
But that is a totally separate issue imo from FD allowing us to earn cosmetic stuff from actual gameplay

Hmm I need to get my head around this... Always wary of Premium Currency being introduced and trickle fed to encourage spending to relieve grind, as in an F2P model. It's often predatory Biowaste, and I really don't want to see Frontier go down that road.

But on the other hand, not a lot negative is really changing for me as an Xbox player. I already have to buy a premium currency (Frontier Points) in order to buy cosmetics from the store. The only difference is that I'll be able to earn the "Frontier Points" or Arx in-game. So I guess that's a win? I mean it'll save a bit of money maybe? Maybe not as we'll probably have to buy the premium currency in packs like we currently do?

I know it's probably stupid of me to ask this of a company that by its very nature is out to make money from its products, but please Frontier, remember your past generosity. Do not trickle feed the Arx in-game, give us missions or activities where we can outright earn enough for a skin in one or two hits. Not like max two or three Arx per day or some rubbish that'll take weeks to earn a 100 (frontier point) weapon colour. Weeks to earn the equivalent of a pound. Please no.

I honestly don't know what to think about this. I literally just gave you guys a glowing review in another thread for your treatment of microtransactions, and this could very easily sour that. Makes me feel a bit of an idiot if it turns out how these things normally do with the other AAA studios and publishers.

Fleet Carriers and the new player experience stuff sounds good though.

Uhh, PC is being dragged down to console. Buying stuff has been quite easy; just go to store, pick items, checkout with CC and there you are! No, that is not fair in FD's estimation I guess. Sad because I have been looking forward to the Carriers (player based). I for one would be happy to spend in store for paint, decals etc. for my Carrier. Interior stuff too.

Then they fix that which isn't broken.

You'll have to forgive some people here, they think the 130 quid LEP they bought 4 years ago should keep Elite running until the heat death of the universe.
This disingenuous as well. What I DO think the LEP owners are entitled to is more than 1 expansion which cost around 30 quid in 5 years. FD chose to price the LEP the way they did and they chose to tease us with what we could expect our pass to give us AND they chose to strongly intimated that horizons would last about 1 year and be followed by another premium dlc.
That ain't on us.
FD will make money on sales of dlc assuming the dlc is good enough and they will make sales on new players buying into the game, if the new DLC is good enough to entice them in

Last edited:
Top Bottom