ANNOUNCEMENT Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal

Cheers FDev - I like this announcement👍. And, to my surprise I'm seeing more positivity in the responses than negativity. YAY!
And... I got to have a genuine laugh at the whiny guy posting about "hardcore lategamers" being the self-professed "core of the community" - like that was some kind of status thing 🤣🤣🤣.
Worth the admission fee on its own.

seems those 100+ guys have been incredibly busy for 3 months, and will yet have to crunch until september, poor sods ...

i mean, i really didn't expect anything but ... lol, frontier, just lol. you really take trolling to a new level 😂

anyway good luck with all those 'beginners'!
(you surely are localizing for china, right?)

Hmmm. Real life made me miss the fleet carrier "leak" and I even missed this thread until Phisto told me in game 5 minutes ago.

So fleet carriers are coming, the leak was legit, we get a better store and a way to earn "arx" ingame?
All totally out of the blue because "no big updates in 2019" ?

And people complain on page one? Seriously?

I'm already contemplating how to name the carrier of our squadron (Landy McLandingpad sadly got downvoted),
but I think somewhat about salt would be fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
"All of the training will include VO across our supported languages, so whether you're a commander, un commandant or ein kommandant, you'll be able to follow each exercise without issue!

Veteran commanders out there who wish to experience the training will also be able to access it in the 'Training Section' via the right-hand panel. "

Excellent ! Should help many discouraged people.

Yes absolutely disgusting that Frontier are trying to unify the skin buying experience for all platforms that will increase the exposure the store gets and also one would imagine increase sales.

You and other dinosaurs do get that more money for Frontier means the game will live longer right?

If only they ran on salt. I'd be posting from the cockpit of my literal actual FDL while docked in IRL Carcosa.

I'm already contemplating how to name the carrier of our squadron (Landy McLandingpad sadly got downvoted),

in all likelihood i won't be buying that dlc, but you guys are going to allow me to dock for some party, right? riiiiiight?

The idea to earn paintjob etc. through gameplay has been requested by many of my friends. I believe this is a good thing and pleases a good chunk of the community, including me.
I agree. What I think people have an issue with is a) a limit on how many Arx points you can earn in a week, and how long that's going to take to get things like a paintjob .... and b) paying for this currency which is also earnable in-game. It's too similar to business models used by game developers with very bad reputations as far as customer relations go.

I have my own theory(s) but I'm keeping very quiet about that.

I welcome every new update. I wish FD would reconsider and allow carriers to be bought by solo commanders, too, otherwise they are of no use to me.

Also, I find the livery changes very appealing, especially the various angles and the ability to buy from the main menu. That was well thought of.

But please, please, test before release. No more bugs, please. Think of your dignity!

I agree. What I think people have an issue with is a) a limit on how many Arx points you can earn in a week, and how long that's going to take to get things like a paintjob .... and b) paying for this currency which is also earnable in-game. It's too similar to business models used by game developers with very bad reputations as far as customer relations go.

I have my own theory(s) but I'm keeping very quiet about that.

a) I dont think it is realistically to expect to be given enough free points so you can get a paint every week.
b) you want a paint and you dont have enought points? you will do exactly what all console players are already doing... buy some points.

i would expect no less, that's why i'm asking!

I'll set the scene.

Colonia has been pushed to the edge of war! Each side marshals their fleets and prepares for the final battle to decide the fate of not just the nebula, but perhaps humanity itself!

"Sir, the LRCV Excessive Debauchery is dropping out of witch space!"

Phisto:

"Apocalypse cancelled, sir!"

a) I dont think it is realistically to expect to be given enough free points so you can get a paint every week.
b) you want a paint and you dont have enought points? you will do exactly what all console players are already doing... buy some points.
I'm all for buying paintjobs and stuff in-game .... it's the way Frontier are doing it I don't like.
And I can't say I will never buy any of these points. I don't want to, I don't like how it's being done and the (so far secretive) reasons behind it. I have foolishly bought credits for games like SWTOR, STO (but only once) and other games and each time I am more resilient to doing it again. So while I can't say I never will, I almost certainly won't.

Cool!

September update is no great shakes, but to be fair to Frontier, they couldn't have been much more upfront about the fact there wouldn't be anything major through most of 2019, and the fact that most of that would be aimed at the new player experience, and general tinkering. They told us that, time and time again. Anyone expecting more than this is living in a fantasy land.

Frankly, I'm stunned that Fleet Carriers are coming in December! Being able to earn cosmetics in-game (slowly, I assume), is a nice touch, though I'm sure people will find plenty to complain about in it. Personally, I don't care much what my ship looks like. I've bought cosmetics a couple of times just to support the game, and I will probably continue to do so occasionally.

Last edited:
Doomed
I'm all for buying paintjobs and stuff in-game .... it's the way Frontier are doing it I don't like.
And I can't say I will never buy any of these points. I don't want to, I don't like how it's being done and the (so far secretive) reasons behind it. I have foolishly bought credits for games like SWTOR, STO (but only once) and other games and each time I am more resilient to doing it again. So while I can't say I never will, I almost certainly won't.
Serious question, how else could they do it? Presumably in order to earn in game cosmetics the game will have a quantity of a currency to keep track of, and which each player can redeem against their cosmetics of choice. Something - points, a new credit, something - will need to be added in game to measure this. As the consoles already use points, the suggestion from fdev is that it's just that being expanded to pc as well.

The only other way I can think of would be in-game "credits", ie what we use to buy ships etc. And THEN you're looking at pay to win potential, and absolutely certain claims it will be expanded to do that. Keep it separate and they can legitimately say no, just cosmetics, these points can't be used for anything else..

Genuine question, I'm not sure how else they could do this?

Top Bottom