ANNOUNCEMENT Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal

I bought an LEP, and am thoroughly disgusted :-
Ive only had a whole year of free updates
The game is clearly in maintenance mode,
DB has not been round to my house to personally apologise for this
I've spent thousands of hours in the game, and have hated every minute of it
I only play this game so that I can complain about it

Perhaps the "New Era" will appease your bitterness ?

The real question. If the fleet carrier is going to be a respawn point, how is the rebuy screen going to be handled? Will the carrier magically be capable of spontaneously reproducing you ship at standard galactic rates or will resources have to be present for carrier to reproduce them prior? Can I have my fleet carrier allied with LYR to give everyone a discount as if I was a normal station?

Because there's more than PC out there.
For one, they would have to keep having separate ways to purchase cosmetics. More work to maintain.
An second, award real currency in game? Yeah, I'm no lawyer, but I don't think a game can just start giving real money credit without some legal ramifications that would increase the work required.
Why is it more work to maintain? The systems will still remain seperate, they'll just appear to function the same. They're not awarding real currency, but store credit.

Perhaps the "New Era" will appease your bitterness ?
Sorry - I wasnt being serious - I love this game !
I was trying to emulate the threads of those who seem to hate the game but still come here and moan :)

I'll put that down as a fail on my behalf

I'm currently out @ Achilles Altar taking some piccys for the screenshot thread

Sorry - I wasnt being serious - I love this game !
I was trying to emulate the threads of those who seem to hate the game but still come here and moan :)

I'll put that down as a fail on my behalf

I'm currently out @ Achilles Altar taking some piccys for the screenshot thread
I did not understand the irony.

It's time for me to wake up ! :)

So choices are removed, not really an improvement then.
What choices?? I don't think you understand what store credit gets you...

With store credit, you could buy Jurassic World, or Planet Zoo. I think it's pretty absurd to think FD shjould give away their core products just from playing the game.

Arx are explicitly in-game currency to get you in-game cosmetics, not to have a free-for-all in the FD store on their whole product range.

I like the idea of being able to earn cosmetics in game, and not having to buy a bunch of terrible paints just to get one good one. Also changing the paint without a station. All of this is stuff I've wanted for a long time.

Would you consider a cosmetic buy-back program for selling off some of the paints we never wanted for %15 store credit or so?

One consideration: cash store currencies are becoming more and more notorious as simply exploitative ways to make players spend more than they want to, throughout the industry. Selling ‘gems’, ‘crowns’ (Arx?) etc in bundles of 100, and pricing cash shop items at 120, for example, is now widely recognised as a cynical way to make players spend more than they wish to. This is now widely recognised and receiving more and more attention - and I could see it even going the way of loot boxes in attracting negative press and possibly regulatory attention.

It would be great for Frontier to be the company that leads the way in opposing these practices. Selling Arx bundles in equal quantity to the price of basic cosmetics, for example, would further solidify Frontier’s reputation as one of the best stewards of online games out there.
I can not say better.

Forced consumption revolts me.

This kind of practice can be likened to: "We take your money because we prefer to work it on our bank account to collect interest". "It's better on our account than on your account".

I hope that Frontier will not apply this policy and that we will be able to buy the number of Arx corresponding exactly to the money we want to spend.

What is this talk of new Ice Planets?
Only the other day was I driving my SRV, in a way that can only be described as a drunk trying to control a supermarket trolley, on a planet surface that seemed pretty icy and slippy to me.

I can not say better.

Forced consumption revolts me.

This kind of practice can be likened to: "We take your money because we prefer to work it on our bank account to collect interest". "It's better on our account than on your account".

I hope that Frontier will not apply this policy and that we will be able to buy the number of Arx corresponding exactly to the money we want to spend.
But you won't have to buy any soon. You can earn them in game.

But you won't have to buy any soon. You can earn them in game.
Yes I understand. But be realistic, the goal is to buy, not to win. For Frontier, the goal is not to kill the store. :)

You will win a little, not much, I think.

The ideal is that Arx is 1 unit, and we can buy the number of units exactly corresponding to the price of what we want to buy in the store.

Can't say that I'm over-excited with the announcement, but then again not expecting much until late next year.

More stuff for the new players -meh! but we knew that anyway, good for them but not me.

Fleet Carriers - meh! we knew it was coming since late last year, I'll wait for the fine details a bit longer.

In-game currency for cosmetics & livery change- meh! I'v bought a few store skins in the past, but not regularly, again lets see the fine details on the amount of in-game accrual rate of these 'arx' & exactly what you need to be doing to qualify for them....just logging in?, doing initiatives?, doing PP?, playing OPEN only?!!!
I'm expecting a catch somewhere along the line, but tbh I'm not one who buy's enough skins to be overly concerned at this time.

Top Bottom