ANNOUNCEMENT Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal

Hesus ' christ some people..

Some people has really big problems with understanding what they read. English is not my native language and even i understood that Frontier isnt implementing a "cash grab" but instead giving an opportunity to earn paintjobs via playing the game.

Stop whining and learn to read people.
So Frontier are going to make it so easy to earn Arx that no-one will bother to buy any Arx? That's going to happen real soon.

Last edited:
Seriously did people not read this post of have they just forgot about it? FDev have already told us what to except. They told us "The Next Era" of Elite wouldn't be until late 2020 and in the mean time 2019 would be new player focused and QoL updates. As far as I'm concerened the updates we've gotten so far fall into those categories.

Sure it sucks we haven't gotten something massive but it's not like Frontier haven't been open about that aspect.
You are absolutely right.

So the Icy planets will arrive, perhaps, during the minor updates of 2020 before the new era ?

In retrospect, overall, minorly goods news, but nothing to get excited about. It signifies another year of no apparent progress towards the biggies that were trailed in the KickStarter.

Yes, I realise that most of the ED team are working towards late 2020, but as I don't know what they're working on for sure, it's impossible to gauge progress.

What is this talk of new Ice Planets?
Only the other day was I driving my SRV, in a way that can only be described as a drunk trying to control a supermarket trolley, on a planet surface that seemed pretty icy and slippy to me.
It is important graphics improvement.

Attachments

• AT-cm_253501399-preview.jpg
    AT-cm_253501399-preview.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 208
  • ED-Lavecon-2018-12.jpg
    ED-Lavecon-2018-12.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 202
  • ED-Lavecon-2018-13.jpg
    ED-Lavecon-2018-13.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 191
  • ED-Lavecon-2018-14.jpg
    ED-Lavecon-2018-14.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 201
So instead of fixing the game, you added a cash shop to the game... the headline feature for a update is a cash shop, that is absolutely ludicrous.
Christ, you must be fun at parties. Maybe they are fixing the game and adding new content? I personally don't see anything wrong with arx. Now people will be able to get game extras without spending real money. How can you not be happy about that? Some people...

I'd like to be able to take this new starter exerience in a single play session WITHOUT having to reset my account to do it! I hope Frontier will allow me to do this also! If not, I guess I can do it on a console as a different account but I won't like that option as much.

Last edited:
Overall it sounds quite good.

More help for new players:
Very good, help new players as much as possible to get into the game. Like it

Arx:
Well, beside the marketing speech (one for all platforms, so cool 😎) it is OK. We always had an item store, now we can earn Arx by playing. Pretty sure it will be very slow but hey, still quite OK. Still hoping for standard paint jobs we can get with credits and premium stuff with Arx (real money). But not a too bad move here.

Carriers:
Wow, that came out of nowhere. I was sure they would come with the 2020 update, not before. Now I really hope FD have thought about some interactive gameplay so they won't just be a big ship with no purpose. We will see. But good to see they are not forgotten.

So, for the small update year this is good. Please don't forget to work on bugs while creating the "big thing" for next year.

They said you can - it will be under Training...

(Well, that's what bognogus says (nice recap vid too))
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNnFm69s-hw&feature=youtu.be
Dang Facti dude, do you have a life?! I just realized my mistake within five minutes and you can't just let me have five freaken minutes to correct my oversight! :) Sheesh!

By the way, I didn't know Luigi was vlogging about Elite Dangerous! Nice! Good on him stepping out of Mario's shadow!

Last edited:
Would anyone welcome a feature to rent a paint job for a game session (or day or something) for a tenth the cost!

As far as earning in-game ARX, it will be awesome to finally be able to spend my left-over Frontier points I have on both consoles once I earn enough to buy something!

Last edited:
Would anyone welcome a feature to rent a paint job for a game session (or day or something) for a tenth the cost!
Not me personally but to each their own if there is a market for it that is cool. I had a 3 month viveport sub and used it for 1 title for an HR. Subscription type services are a poor fit for me I much prefer to own my stuff (as much as you can in this digital age)

What is the process going to be for flying fleet carriers? Like Gnosis, or something better?
It appears that FCs are not being tied to BGS ticks so you can jump whenever you want to.

If I'm hearing things right then the FCs engines are based on capital ship tech and will need enough materials to enable a jump. Grind before you go?

I have my own question: looking at the snippet video released I counted 8 Large landing pads on the Carrier shown. Maybe more on another side but it does beg the question of how FCs will affect Wing dynamics. Will we still be limited to 4 ships in a wing or will all 8(+?) ships from the Carrier be able to form an actual fleet and act in unison?

I know the original limit of 4 ships per Wing was introduced to limit bandwidth issues caused by multiple players in the same instance but having at least 8 landing pads suggests they are there to be used by 8 players otherwise it would make sense to limit the Carrier's capacity to 4 ships - no sense in 8 players being on the same Carrier if they can't all be in the same instance at the same time, no?

Also, it will be interesting to see how much a Carrier costs and what modules will be available for them. Will individual CMDRs have to fork out all the costs for buying and upgrading a Carrier or can the costs be shared amongst a Fleet? How would you share the proceeds if a Carrier is sold?

Frankly I can't wait to find out the answers. Can someone put me in a medically induced coma until December, please? :)

Top Bottom