PvP THE END OF THE GRIEFER OF WYRD AFTER 2000 VICTIMS

ryan_m

Banned
The amount of heat vented scales with the amount heat generated by the laser. A lightweight mod will generate more heat than an efficient so therefore it will dispel more heat from your ship than the efficient. The lightweight mod is also better because you get more speed. I'm too lazy to engineer so I kept my efficient mod instead of lightweight. Efficient works well enough for me.... but then I am comparatively a "bad" pvper. lmao

:)

The critical part about lightweight is it has a distro bonus of 35%.

Thanks for the reply. What do you run then? Is it a 4 rail 1 beam fdl too? Gotta say it's fun, I like rails.

This is the build I use

Yeah with the normal 3 PA 2 Rails combo Ive seen SCB running a lot. I think. Could you maybe a 1 4HR and 1 SCB hybrid? I wonder if the beam laser can negate a SCB charge lol.

Thanks for the reply. What do you run then? Is it a 4 rail 1 beam fdl too? Gotta say it's fun, I like rails.
Yup, It's a rail de lance. But I am simply not good enough yet to fly it in real PvP because the build is very squishy. I still a lot of stuff to learn, but that's okay! It's fun!

o7

ryan_m

Banned
Yeah with the normal 3 PA 2 Rails combo Ive seen SCB running a lot. I think. Could you maybe a 1 4HR and 1 SCB hybrid? I wonder if the beam laser can negate a SCB charge lol.

It can, actually, but you have to single bank and be REALLY careful with your heat before you bank. Have to bleed off some heat before starting and have 100% ToT with the beam while it's charging.

It can, actually, but you have to single bank and be REALLY careful with your heat before you bank. Have to bleed off some heat before starting and have 100% ToT with the beam while it's charging.
i tried this in pvp, it never work if somebody have cascade rail, and i used to cook myself with less than 100% ToT with beam:)

Not gonna lie I’m kinda drunk right now

But I’m super interested in helping Greg figure out what’s up or whatever r

Let me get like, a synopsis real quick

Do you pop one, then heat sync, then when heat reaches 0, pop the 2nd one? That's what I did on the corvette to go from 50% up to 100% with one heat synce and two SCBs.

That will control the heat load of SCBs most effectively, but it also telegraphs the second SCB, which will be feedback cascaded into near nothingness, even if they are too slow to catch the first one.

Unless I know I'm not facing feedback cascade, I'll either make sure I've got enough sinks for each charge, or simply take some heat damage...dumping both charges simultaneously and being sent to ~200% heat is usually much safer than losing the second charge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom