The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It depends if they have CIG's blessing or not. One guy who was making 3D models was sent a C&D.
I stand corrected. Not quite legal move I think, they're good to be sued by CIG.

One could scroll down

JR Design & Fabrication Ltd is a licensed vendor for Star Citizen merchandise. This product is produced in accordance with that agreement. Content from Star Citizen used with permission of Cloud Imperium Rights LLC and Cloud Imperium Rights Ltd.

Content from Star Citizen used with permission of
Cloud Imperium Rights LLC and Cloud Imperium Rights Ltd.

Didn't the discussion go to the expectation of Licenced products pop up when this was release demarking Fan from Official and Licenced?

That JBFabrication are definitely "partners" with CIG. They make the computer desks (which CIG have used at conventions?), they also did the life-size dragonfly speeder for CIG's convention last year iirc.
Which would mean they should already have a production pipeline done for things like these models.

I wonder if CIG get's a cut, it would make sense if they did, i mean, it's their 3d model which would also explain the excessive pricing.

Why is it that hardcore fans like to think that criticising another game somehow validates Star Citizen?

Other game bad, so Star Citizen good is the bizarre logic.

Its like someone sitting in a Lada and saying that its better than a Sinclair C5.

Regardless, i find it funny how they try and compare their 7 year old buggy alpha with a released and playable game as somehow being better.

Pretty sure those people are living in their heads though, dreamcrafting what SC will be and then comparing that with ED as it is now, or as i've seen in some cases, comparing with ED at launch, since they haven't even looked at the game since then.

I do like how in that comment thread they immediately dismiss fleet carriers in ED as being bad, while i'm pretty certain, if you asked them about the non-existant fleet carriers that don't yet exist in SC they would start waxing lyrical about how wonderful a mechanic it will be.

Last edited:
Other game bad, so Star Citizen good is the bizarre logic.

Its like someone sitting in a Lada and saying that its better than a Sinclair C5.

Regardless, i find it funny how they try and compare their 7 year old buggy alpha with a released and playable game as somehow being better.

Pretty sure those people are living in their heads though, dreamcrafting what SC will be and then comparing that with ED as it is now, or as i've seen in some cases, comparing with ED at launch, since they haven't even looked at the game since then.

I do like how in that comment thread they immediately dismiss fleet carriers in ED as being bad, while i'm pretty certain, if you asked them about the non-existant fleet carriers that don't yet exist in SC they would start waxing lyrical about how wonderful a mechanic it will be.

I find ASPECTS of SC being better than other aspects of Elite or other games, just as i find aspects of other games better than aspects of SC.
I find that EVERY expansion in Elite has been subpar to the standard of the base game
I doubt that FD will create meaningful gameplay around carriers due to their earlier track record of expansions
I prefer the more frantic dogfighting of SC compared to the more slow dance of Elite.

Why is it that hardcore fans like to think that criticising another game somehow validates Star Citizen?

Honestly, is that not what every fan or other does.

We have fans of Elite bashing SC and we have SC fans bashing Elite and we have some third game fan who wonders what the ruckus is all about.

And let's not forget us in the middle, those that actually like BOTH of the games.

I find ASPECTS of SC being better than other aspects of Elite or other games, just as i find aspects of other games better than aspects of SC.
I find that EVERY expansion in Elite has been subpar to the standard of the base game
I doubt that FD will create meaningful gameplay around carriers due to their earlier track record of expansions
I prefer the more frantic dogfighting of SC compared to the more slow dance of Elite.

Perfectly acceptable opinion, although my own opinion differs greatly ;)

What I have trouble with is those who believe something that hasn't appeared yet, developed by a company with a track record on delivering stuff, albeit of subjective quality, is automatically going to be bad, while the same thing in the other game, developed by a company that hasn't delivered a product yet, has a dodgy track record with the things it has deliverd not even working properly and of subjective quality, is automatically going to be good.

Regarding fleet carriers in ED, not sure what you mean by meaningful. I just want a place i can park my fleet and move from system to system in. Not sure whether that is meaningful or not, but its what I want. I would want the same from carriers in SC as well.

That JBFabrication are definitely "partners" with CIG. They make the computer desks (which CIG have used at conventions?), they also did the life-size dragonfly speeder for CIG's convention last year iirc.

https://jrfabrication.co.uk/projects/dragonfly

4pR91w1.png

No no no. The "middle" doesn't like "both" games. Only one is a game. The other is a 7 years long alpha dumpster fire. An MMO that does not have the required network and server code on the roadmap yet.
Correction.

One is a released game with a dumpster fire of expansions and the other is a 7 year long alpha dumpster fire where i backed a single player game that may or may not be released somewhere along 2020 and no idea when the MMO will be released.

I do however like the IDEA of two good games, unfortunately neither of them are currently "good" and the first one could be far better if the people behind the expansions actually cared.

Honestly, is that not what every fan or other does.

Yeah maybe in the more fanatical or emotional fans. Personally I find there's lots to criticize about SC but there is also lots to criticize about Elite, or EVE or NMS etc.

No, it's what clueless people do. That's a separate thing to being a fan.

It seems to me that the guy is lashing out like a little baby as much as anything :)
Because someone is criticizing SC he has to attack "their" game. Much like if someone was wearing a Man.U shirt and said that Liverpool played a crap game, the Liverpool fan just blindly attacks Man.U's performance 12 months ago instead of coming up with examples of where Liverpool did play well.

Slightly off-topic, but interesting DB keynote at Develop

This one resonates:
"We were on the other side of the table for a long time, and I think we're probably one of the only developer-led publishers -- we can look at everything from a developer mindset, not a marketing one. One of the challenges we had over many decades was most of the people we were dealing at publishers were from a marketing background."

"It's a bit like building a house. If you want to show the house off to someone who isn't a builder and doesn't understand how houses are built, you end decorating the house to make a milestone it look pretty but you haven't done the plumbing yet. But then the first thing after the milestone is to rip out all the furniture and decoration out just so you can do the plumbing. It's a slightly different mindset."

Yeah maybe in the more fanatical or emotional fans. Personally I find there's lots to criticize about SC but there is also lots to criticize about Elite, or EVE or NMS etc.

It seems to me that the guy is lashing out like a little baby as much as anything :)
Because someone is criticizing SC he has to attack "their" game. Much like if someone was wearing a Man.U shirt and said that Liverpool played a crap game, the Liverpool fan just blindly attacks Man.U's performance 12 months ago instead of coming up with examples of where Liverpool did play well.

Exactly.

On the SC sub i actually had one backer tell me that by being critical of SC i was personally attacking them. Seriously, literally those words. That is a clear indication that some people are waaaaay too invested.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom