The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
So, they are saying people have to put effort into it to make SC look bad?

And here's me thinking it took no effort at all!

To be fair, given the instability of SC I would think the author probably spent several hours in game to get the raw material for that 5 min video :p

The latest is that the old 'half the map is underwater' issue is still a thing :)

Courtesy of the goooons
The fact anyone would defend this choice of an engine for that game, facing that situation, is beyond me. We are 7 years in by now ? And this is not fixed. Neither are doors by the way.

I saw the magnificent PC case https://jrfabrication.co.uk/pc-crate

6-unit PC Crate
6 Unit Crate built to be used as PC Chassis to build your ultimate Star Citizen themed rig. A 200mm front intake fan is included, plus mounts at the rear for three 120mm fans or a 360mm rad and another for a 140mm fan/rad for fantastic cooling.
Built into the top of the crate you will find a 7" touch screen giving you a realistic interface to control your PC power functions.
Each crate is customised with your your favourite ingame branding, allowing you to bring Star Citizen into your home or office,
Prices from £655 + VAT/Tax & Shipping

and I lulzed

I saw the magnificent PC case https://jrfabrication.co.uk/pc-crate

6-unit PC Crate
6 Unit Crate built to be used as PC Chassis to build your ultimate Star Citizen themed rig. A 200mm front intake fan is included, plus mounts at the rear for three 120mm fans or a 360mm rad and another for a 140mm fan/rad for fantastic cooling.
Built into the top of the crate you will find a 7" touch screen giving you a realistic interface to control your PC power functions.
Each crate is customised with your your favourite ingame branding, allowing you to bring Star Citizen into your home or office,
Prices from £655 + VAT/Tax & Shipping

and I lulzed

I hear you have to hold it to make it work. Leave it on the floor and it disappears. :p

What about making and sending what they already sold and/or promised, like ship shaped USB drives, HOTAS, FOIP cam, modding manual, or even the solo game that was meant to be released years ago?
To be fair, that is not CIG making or selling those models but rather independent people who wanted to make and sell models.

I stand corrected. Not quite legal move I think, they're good to be sued by CIG.
AFAIK they seemed to have been given the go-ahead to sell models, but they are not allowed to share the 3d models to others.

Who knows, they might just get the right to create a resin model of a Constellation people can put their own USB drives in.

Ok, so the resin spaceship cost more than the virtual spaceship AND require shipping cost.

110 pounds+shipping for a SC Arrow.

Now, im all for game replicas and nice resin models but that is DAMN steep.

In comparison we have the fantastic plastic Wing Commander 3 model which is slightly larger about HALF the price.

https://fantastic-plastic.com/wing-commander-arrow.html

The pound/us difference places the 110 pounds at 137 USD and the Wing Commander 3 Arrow is 70 + shipping

Ok, so they might be a startup company in a garage with a 3d resin printer and have startup costs, i get that, but still, at least the Arrow from WC3 cost as much as an in-game Arrow in SC.

That JBFabrication are definitely "partners" with CIG. They make the computer desks (which CIG have used at conventions?), they also did the life-size dragonfly speeder for CIG's convention last year iirc.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom