Perseus Reach Expedition [February - June 3306]

Hello cmdrs, Dr.Nagi here!
I proudly present:

The Perseus Reach Expedition!
Earth --> Salomé's Reach
Ne0dNrn.png
Logo made by Bra2s (sorry for no transparent background)

This expedition aims to map the western side of the Perseus Arm, a mostly uncharted region space. Starting from the birthplace of humanity, we will embark on a long journey to the furthest starsystem we can reach in the Milkyway, where no other expedition has gone before! In order to prove that explorers don't need the biggest, fanciest ships to do long range exploration and even the smallest, most basic ships can do that just fine, this expedition will be restricted to small ships only:

List of valid ships:
Adder,
Cobra Mk.III,
Cobra Mk.IV,
Diamondback Explorer,
Diamondback Scout,
Dolphin,
Eagle,
Hauler,
Imperial Courier,
Imperial Eagle,
Sidewinder,
Viper Mk.III,
Viper Mk.IV,
Vulture

Also I am thinking about including the Type-6, it technically is a medium ship but still kinda fits the spirit. Opinions?
And also the DBX really stands out from this as it has an exceptional jump range, so not sure on that one either.

This is NOT Small Worlds 4, neither Distant Worlds 3! We're going a long way, raw waypoint-to-waypoint distance is a whopping 90,000 LY!

Route map:
sEqWSXe.png

We highly encourage people who want to take the DBX or Dolphin to enlist as Fuel Rats or Hull Seals.

Taking on the spirit of DECE, basecamps for meetups will be scouted during the expedition, while the set waypoints only act as markers for orientation. Schedule:

WP1 Sol Feb 8th
WP2 Bubble Sector PD-S b4-4 Feb 15th
WP3 Ridgue AW-E d11-68 Feb 22nd
WP4 Thraikoo PS-U e2-4 Mar 7th
WP5 Bya Phla WP-P e5-8 Mar 21st
WP6 Pha Flaae ZA-L d9-10 Apr 4th
WP7 Eolls Graae PG-E b15-4 Apr 11th
WP8 Hypao Brai XJ-R c20-2 Apr 18th
WP9 Myoangooe AA-A h1 May 2nd
WP10 Auphaigh CL-Y g1 May 16th
WP11 Slaiyooe OX-L d7-0 May 30th
WP12 Cheae Euq ER-L c21-0 June 6th
WP13 Oevasy SG-Y d0 June 13th

Discord: https://discord.gg/VQfwPBV <-- this is where all the fun social stuff happens
You will need a minimum jump range of 41.34ly to complete this expedition + several jumponium injections!

Signup here:

o7 CMDR Dr.Nagi

Last edited:
Oh yes ! :)
A reason to head back to the bubble... (build a ship) then head back out again (y)

Count me in !!
(Do you have to be in EDSM to join / participate ? :unsure: )

Last edited:
Cool. When is it? Oh man, looking on EDSM, it looks like it starts right in the middle of the Celebration of Early Astronomy. I might enroll anyway and join up with it later, or something.

Dang, I'm currently about 0.8 ly short on my courier too. ;) (easily fixed of course)

On the Type-6, I'd say go for it. I think it's in the right spirit even if it takes a medium pad. Kinda similar to the T7 being like a medium ship even though it needs a large pad.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, but 2020 February is still quite far away, so I'll jot this down for myself as a "maybe, will see later".
But if I go, I'll take a Courier.

Also, yeah, I'd recommend against the DBX, and to be fair, also the Type-6. If there's one medium ship, then why not more? For example: if there's the T-6, then why not the Keelback? If there's the Keelback, then why not the Challenger? If there's the Challenger, then why not the Chieftain, Crusader... and so on. At the end, you'd basically be left with "anything except Anaconda, AspX and DBX". Better to draw a line and stick to it.

Still, every ship has six internal slots now, so anything can explore comfortably for a long time.

Cool. When is it? Oh man, looking on EDSM, it looks like it starts right in the middle of the Celebration of Early Astronomy. I might enroll anyway and join up with it later, or something.
Ah yes, there was always gonna be some overlap with other expeditions... But this was the only timeframe I could set it for, due to real life.

Ah yes, there was always gonna be some overlap with other expeditions... But this was the only timeframe I could set it for, due to real life.

Yeah, that can't always be helped. Especially with the circumnavigation expeditions. There's no choice but to overlap those, when they happen.

I signed up. I may quickly catch up half-way through, or find a way to blend them, or something. There's still time to figure it all out.

And I fixed my courier, so it can make that last jump to Semotus Beacon. :D (I figured this made sense as a good "floor" (minimum) for my jump range, since I'm currently exploring in the courier anyway).

Dr. Nagi, I now understand the comment you left in my thread about building my exploration Vulture. I feel I must participate and let that little beast stretch his legs. I am only 0.15ly off the minimum required so once I am able to finish my G5 engineering I should be able to manage it.

Yeah, that can't always be helped. Especially with the circumnavigation expeditions. There's no choice but to overlap those, when they happen.

I signed up. I may quickly catch up half-way through, or find a way to blend them, or something. There's still time to figure it all out.

And I fixed my courier, so it can make that last jump to Semotus Beacon. :D (I figured this made sense as a good "floor" (minimum) for my jump range, since I'm currently exploring in the courier anyway).
Would be cool to have you on board for sure :)

Dr. Nagi, I now understand the comment you left in my thread about building my exploration Vulture. I feel I must participate and let that little beast stretch his legs. I am only 0.15ly off the minimum required so once I am able to finish my G5 engineering I should be able to manage it.
Yeah , I didn't want to give everythign away when it wasn't completely set up yet^^ A Vulture would be something to behold of.

Top Bottom