Moar FD directed events like Palin

Please, please please keep up these random events and don't be afraid to shake things up! The day to day is quite dull in ED after a while, events like Palin getting hit and creating problems for players to overcome is a good thing.

Do not stop making the Thargoids something to fear, or forget you have the Guardans and their murderous AI too. Use them to squeeze us fleshbags and keep the galaxy interesting- its what keeps people logging in.

So, pull those levers!

Please, please please keep up these random events and don't be afraid to shake things up! The day to day is quite dull in ED after a while, events like Palin getting hit and creating problems for players to overcome is a good thing.

Absolutely this.

The big events that have got people talking, from the Lugh War, through the Dangerous Games, founding of Colonia, the events of Premonition, the early stages of the Thargoid invasion, the Gnosis incident, and now this ...
... have been controversial
... have been different to what came before and given players new things to deal with
... have had major effects on the galaxy
... have mostly had players (collectively, or in some cases individually) taking a key role in the delivery
and therefore because players got excited about supporting their side, still have people talking about them years later (sometimes bitterly about how their side lost, of course, but such is life)

This year has been pretty quiet on them - the Gnosis wasn't quite a year ago, but it was the first for a while - if Interstellar Initiatives are going to make them a more regular occurrence, then I think that's worth far more for the game than new technical features might be.

It's not that players can't make their own major events - Distant Worlds, for example - but usually it at least needs Frontier's help.

Absolutely this.

The big events that have got people talking, from the Lugh War, through the Dangerous Games, founding of Colonia, the events of Premonition, the early stages of the Thargoid invasion, the Gnosis incident, and now this ...
... have been different to what came before and given players new things to deal with
... have mostly had players (collectively, or in some cases individually) taking a key role in the delivery
and therefore because players got excited about supporting their side, still have people talking about them years later (sometimes bitterly about how their side lost, of course, but such is life)

This year has been pretty quiet on them - the Gnosis wasn't quite a year ago, but it was the first for a while - if Interstellar Initiatives are going to make them a more regular occurrence, then I think that's worth far more for the game than new technical features might be.

It's not that players can't make their own major events - Distant Worlds, for example - but usually it at least needs Frontier's help.

wipes tear from eye

Well said.

dxm55

Banned
Well, yes, I have to admit this is a step in the right direction.

FD just needs to keep this up, with making whatever is news on Galnet actually has a visual and actual impact in the galaxy.
I'll prob divert from Eurybia towards Maia later on.

Absolutely this.

Just want to tack on the end regarding "controversial" things... 99% of the problem^ is that this sort of occurrence isn't the status-quo. You move someone's cheese the salt flows shortly after.

If FD were just a bit more courageous with this stuff and made it happen more frequently, even if procedurally generated, as long as it's interactive then the world is round and everyone's happy.

^ Where the "problem" is the fact such events are controversial at all, and not considered just the changing landscape of the game, which is my read on it.

Agreed, this occurrence has really put the cat amongst the pigeons. Removing something players really care about, G5 thrusters.

Talk about hitting you where it hurts right. So 100% +1 to the OP .. (that's like 102% or something)

People often descibe Gnosis as a debacle but really .. the best, most hilarious few hours, ever.
#GnosisVeterans #YouDon'tKnowManYouWeren'tThereFaceDownInTheMud

Talk about hitting you where it hurts right. So 100% +1 to the OP .. (that's like 102% or something)

People often descibe Gnosis as a debacle but really .. the best, most hilarious few hours, ever.
#GnosisVeterans #YouDon'tKnowManYouWeren'tThereFaceDownInTheMud

It was joyous. For the first time in EDs history content came right up to your face and booted you hard in the nuts, forcing players to think fast. Yes it was buggy (pun 100% intended) but it made people sit up and actually press buttons.

Totally agree, BUT...

Don't limit it to combat events. Explorers, traders, miners, whoever, we ALL enjoy having things shaken up from time to time.

I'd love a 7 day CG where you have to bus in coolant to a malfunctioning station, and depending on the tier reached:

tier 1 = most station services destroyed

to

tier 10 = station saved

Or you had to scan everything (ships, beacons etc) in a system to get clues to defuse terrorist bombs

I'd love a 7 day CG where you have to bus in coolant to a malfunctioning station, and depending on the tier reached:

to

tier 10 = station saved

Or you had to scan everything (ships, beacons etc) in a system to get clues to defuse terrorist bombs
I once proposed a CG where the goal was to deliver non standard supplies to a damaged station attacked by pirates... and had some story to explain if there was thargoid damage because of graphics limitations.

I'd also gobble up a cg that required prolonged entry into a lagrange storm cloud.

to

tier 10 = station saved

To celebrate their 200th anniversary, the Sothis government wish to give each of their 2 million residents a commermorative bottle of Lavian Brandy.

One week before the anniversary they discover that they had erroneously been sent 2 million Pharmaceutical Isolators.

An emergency request is sent out to independent pilots requesting delivery of Lavian Brandy. Each ton of Brandy will be swapped for a PI.

Tell me that wouldn't get a massive response.

Top Bottom