I agree. The colonization of Achenar in about the same period as the first mention of Raxxla tells us that they could move, even back in 2300.

If you can get a full colony to Achenar, an exploration expedition should be able to do a few thousand ly.
Yep. And that's just the manned stuff. We also need to take into account all the unmanned stuff, which would have constituted the majority of exploration in early days.

Styx would be quite close to MB’s “that’s a journey we all must make”. The journey through life to death....

But the lore says Raxxla was found much earlier, so not so sure it has to be all that close to the bubble.

Edit: sigh. Jorki’s docked in Rohini & Tyko’s mooching around near Altera’s Eye. Do I really want a second clone to investigte the bubble? With all that roads to riches & ship engineering effort
Meh!

Does Styx (or any of the other bubble systems) fit the Codex toast? Omphalos? Astrophel & Stella? As well as “journey we all must make” etc?

I think the E/F missions were “obfuscation on the outer rim”- “SD thrumpberry juice deliveries” and FD took them out because of all the salt farmed after the Salomé event; they didn’t want that level of adverse publicity over Raxxla.
Hmm... strictly speaking the lore doesn't say Raxxla was found. It just says that the myth/legend existed. Given that the comparison given is with other places for which the myth existed, but hadn't been found (because they couldn't be as they didn't actually exist), I think we'd be on risky ground going from 'myth exists' to definitively 'was found'. Not least because it would lead us to disregard mechanisms that we know exist in the Elite Dangerous universe for a myth to start without the thing actually being found.

I can't just imagine FD putting Raxxla in/near the Rift and then telling DW to write a story unfolding there but without touching Raxxla...
Or can I ? Oh yes, after all I can. They even could have done all this expressely...
"This area of space is freaking me out. Could have sworn I heard some weird voices in the last jump."
"The lights in witch-space are coming for me, the lights… always the lights… they’re calling to me… a siren song… I must join them…"
"It’s an apt name, some of the guys are going space crazy out here in the void."
Any of this sound familiar from a RAXXLA perspective. I think I'm going to postpone my trip around the rim and head out there. I think that there is a good chance we were meant to find Raxxla during the Rift mystery.

EDIT: Whispers in witch space. Sirens in the Void. Club/Rift mystery aside - WHY is this not our primary objective for investigation into Raxxla. Yes, I know there will be no clues, but this is a pretty big one, if you ask me! Or specifically, the codex entry is telling us we missed Raxxla when we were in the Rift!

Is this not a tiny bit obvious, so we know what we are doing???

Last edited:
"This area of space is freaking me out. Could have sworn I heard some weird voices in the last jump."
"The lights in witch-space are coming for me, the lights… always the lights… they’re calling to me… a siren song… I must join them…"
"It’s an apt name, some of the guys are going space crazy out here in the void."
Any of this sound familiar from a RAXXLA perspective. I think I'm going to postpone my trip around the rim and head out there. I think that there is a good chance we were meant to find Raxxla during the Rift mystery.

EDIT: Whispers in witch space. Sirens in the Void. Club/Rift mystery aside - WHY is this not our primary objective for investigation into Raxxla. Yes, I know there will be no clues, but this is a pretty big one, if you ask me! Or specifically, the codex entry is telling us we missed Raxxla when we were in the Rift!

Is this not a tiny bit obvious, so we know what we are doing???
Just had a read back through the dynasty expedtion logs, and yeah there's some interesting stuff there which I'd largely forgotten about.

There is a reason for that though. So what I think needs to be borne in mind is the sequence in which events at the time should have happened, but didn't (due to a CTD bug).

Want to actually recreate it slightly for dramatic effect? :D If so, what needs to be done is to imagine the Dynasty Expedition sites being discovered, then read all the logs, and then imagine a lot of speculation about what they were all about and the general sense of foreboding in them.

Not sure if you've done that already but let me know when you have and I'll post the next part.

(Just trying to do this in a way that'll provide you with a little taste of the experience that everyone should have got but didn't. Feel free to just tell me to cut to the chase. :D )

I think that there is a good chance we were meant to find Raxxla during the Rift mystery.

Can you explain your reasoning here?

If you have two big mysteries in the game, why would you deliberately try to entangle them to the extent that both end up getting solved at once? It's not like FDev have been continually adding storylines so that there will always be something for players to try to solve. In addition, it relies on the fact that FDev put both their mysteries in the same area in the first place, which to me makes no sense. It's a huge galaxy, so why cram everything together?

Just had a read back through the dynasty expedtion logs, and yeah there's some interesting stuff there which I'd largely forgotten about.

There is a reason for that though. So what I think needs to be borne in mind is the sequence in which events at the time should have happened, but didn't (due to a CTD bug).

Want to actually recreate it slightly for dramatic effect? :D If so, what needs to be done is to imagine the Dynasty Expedition sites being discovered, then read all the logs, and then imagine a lot of speculation about what they were all about and the general sense of foreboding in them.

Not sure if you've done that already but let me know when you have and I'll post the next part.

(Just trying to do this in a way that'll provide you with a little taste of the experience that everyone should have got but didn't. Feel free to just tell me to cut to the chase. :D )
Yes, I've read all the logs. I've also been out to the Hawkins Gap and Formidine Rift sites, but I only started playing after the rift mystery was solved, so no, please dont cut to the chase! :)

If you have two big mysteries in the game, why would you deliberately try to entangle them to the extent that both end up getting solved at once? It's not like FDev have been continually adding storylines so that there will always be something for players to try to solve. In addition, it relies on the fact that FDev put both their mysteries in the same area in the first place, which to me makes no sense. It's a huge galaxy, so why cram everything together?
I totally get your point. I honestly do, and I certainly wouldn't have done this myself, if I were FDev...But read the logs and then TDW toast! :)

Edit: Could it be because the two are intrinsically linked? For example, the club being the twisted men

There was never really a big frift mystery. It was really just an easter egg, from Drew’s book.
Players made it a big mystery. Drew and FD just tried to keep up. :)

I totally get your point. I honestly do, and I certainly wouldn't have done this myself, if I were FDev...But read the logs and then TDW toast! :)

Edit: Could it be because the two are intrinsically linked? For example, the club being the twisted men

Okay, that makes sense, but just remember that DrewW doesn't know any more about Raxxla than the rest of us - so the question that needs to be answered is did DrewW create the Exodus logs, or were they provided by FDev?

If it's DrewW, then we can discount any direct tie in between the logs and the toast. If they came from FDev then yeah, there's the potential for a connection between them. From posts made around the time of the log discovery, I always got the impression they were DrewW's work - but I could be wrong.

Edit:
Also - there's witchspace weirdness reported in one of the Conflux logs. Although that could easily be FDev putting the logs in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Okay, that makes sense, but just remember that DrewW doesn't know any more about Raxxla than the rest of us - so the question that needs to be answered is did DrewW create the Exodus logs, or were they provided by FDev?

If it's DrewW, then we can discount any direct tie in between the logs and the toast. If they came from FDev then yeah, there's the potential for a connection between them. From posts made around the time of the log discovery, I always got the impression they were DrewW's work - but I could be wrong.

Edit:
Also - there's witchspace weirdness reported in one of the Conflux logs. Although that could easily be FDev putting the logs in the wrong place.
If I have my timelines right, the Codex came well after the Rift mystery. To me, that means Drew needed no involvement at all. My hypothesis is, when FDev created the Codex entry, they worded it based on the pre-existing logs, that were already in the Rift. Basically, we didn't find it when we were meant to, so they gave us a nudge. See what I mean?

If I have my timelines right, the Codex came well after the Rift mystery. To me, that means Drew needed no involvement at all. My hypothesis is, when FDev created the Codex entry, they worded it based on the pre-existing logs, that were already in the Rift. Basically, we didn't find it when we were meant to, so they gave us a nudge. See what I mean?

If DrewW wrote the logs, without FDev intervention, then it means that the witchspace whispers concept doesn't have anything to do with Raxxla or TDW. Whoever then wrote the Codex just thought it sounded cool in the toast - like all the rest of it.

If DrewW wrote the logs, without FDev intervention, then it means that the witchspace whispers concept doesn't have anything to do with Raxxla or TDW. Whoever then wrote the Codex just thought it sounded cool in the toast - like all the rest of it.
I don't quite understand tour thinking. Take this VERY hypothetical timeline:

1) DW & FD agree on the novel and FD ask for it to be based in the rift (Knowing R is there)
2) DW OR FD write the logs (although I would strongly assume this was FDev anyway)
3) The in-game story plays out
4) We fail to find R
5) FDev write the toast, pointing us back to the Rift

Why would it matter who wrote the logs? Im suggesting the logs themselves were not necessarily a clue to Raxxla, but when the Codex was written, FDev thought to themselves "How can we point them back to the rift? Ah! We will point them to the logs..."

I don't quite understand tour thinking. Take this VERY hypothetical timeline:

1) DW & FD agree on the novel and FD ask for it to be based in the rift (Knowing R is there)
2) DW OR FD write the logs (although I would strongly assume this was FDev anyway)
3) The in-game story plays out
4) We fail to find R
5) FDev write the toast, pointing us back to the Rift

Why would it matter who wrote the logs? Im suggesting the logs themselves were not necessarily a clue to Raxxla, but when the Codex was written, FDev thought to themselves "How can we point them back to the rift? Ah! We will point them to the logs..."

That timeline leans very strongly on two assumptions:

1. There are clues
2. FDev want us to find Raxxla soon

It also takes as a starting point the idea that FD wanted to entangle the only two mysteries in the game at release - which makes absolutely no sense to me.

'There will be no clues'. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Just because they said it doesn't mean they can't/won't change their minds.

Do you have kids? As a parent, saying one thing that you definitely mean, followed later by changing your mind or doing something you said wasn't going to happen is a really big part of life. to just faithfully assume that they will never go back on anything they've ever said is also seeming like nonsense to me. It isn't like they're contractually obligated to never leave clues.

'There will be no clues'. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Just because they said it doesn't mean they can't/won't change their minds.

Do you have kids? As a parent, saying one thing that you definitely mean, followed later by changing your mind or doing something you said wasn't going to happen is a really big part of life. to just faithfully assume that they will never go back on anything they've ever said is also seeming like nonsense to me. It isn't like they're contractually obligated to never leave clues.

Then give me a reason why they've changed their minds - preferably one with some supporting evidence.
The only statement we have is that 'There will be no clues', and without contradictory information we have no reason to assume it isn't still correct.

I might be making assumptions, but you never know, they MIGHT even be right! ;-) Or not...obviously! :)

Either way, this is the best lead I have come up with for quite some time, so I think it warrants investigation. Remember my ship is called Audet Somniare, which translated from Latin means "Dares To Dream"

Top Bottom