Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

PS4 version 2.08 = 56MB now thats a nice patch size..
  • Fixed a number of threading-related multiplayer matchmaking issues.
  • Fixed an audio crash when quitting from the initial screen.
  • Fixed a crash when quitting the game during audio initialisation.
  • Fixed a rare issue where joining a full lobby causes an incorrect player ID.
  • Fixed an issue where players joining a group can be taken to the wrong system.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some network games not to appear in the Join game screen.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Exocraft Technician to have an incorrect interaction.
  • Fixed a crash caused by an invalid base index.
  • Fix for rare instance of falling through space station when interacting with vendor.

I've played more than just the opening stages of this release, I know that after the tutorial it becomes less directed (I bought the game when it was originally released), but the core mechanics are the same (the ones I find dull). Going to creative means only the crafting/base building remains, which is just as dull as the rest of it.

Sadly, it's just not my kinda game. I'm glad other people are enjoying it though.

Shame. 🤷‍♀️

You're wrong in saying that only the crafting/base building remains in Creative though.

You can just explore - without having to worry about shooting rocks for fuel etc. Exploration is the true joy of the game for me.

Shame. 🤷‍♀️

You're wrong in saying that only the crafting/base building remains in Creative though.

You can just explore - without having to worry about shooting rocks for fuel etc. Exploration is the true joy of the game for me.
Very true. Just jumping and exploring planets without concern of fuel or warp cells is pretty nice in Creative.

Mu77ley

Volunteer Moderator
Shame. 🤷‍♀️

Exploration feels pointless to me though, as everywhere you go there are always settlements, sentinels, crashed ships, etc. It feels like there's nothing new to find as everywhere is populated.

Here's another tip for some quicker credits.

If you find, like I did in my case, a snow planet with extreme storms, there will be storm crystals. Build a exocraft spawner, and drive around picking up there crystals during the storms. They're worth about 120k each.

I made about 10 mil this afternoon just by harvesting rocks.

Last edited:
Now that the MP side is a little beefier, I'm surprised I haven't heard space federations mentioned (clans). It seems that NMS might sit well for those that like that type of gameplay. You know get a good system with friends and call it your own. Players come in peaceful get to look around but can't build. Players that come in not so peacefully get to do a little pvp.

I'm not really into that type of gameplay, but it was talked about a while back, but held back through the MP not being very good. But now..

Any thoughts on it. ?

I'm following it closely due to the gamebreaking bug I currently encounter, and there are piles of other major issues. People losing entire bases/freighters/inventory due to all kinds of issues. People dying for no reason at all (which is kinda problematic in Ironman...), plus multiplayer issues (there is currently an exploit that allows people to teleport to other people's bases without being in their friendlist and delete it).

I would say it is about as buggy as your average Elite update with the differences that you stand to lose a metric ton of progress with zero support being offered. So for now my recommendation, based on all the reports I've seen, is to not play a savegame that you would mind if it were screwed up.

Or just back up your save file when you do something significant. Amazing feature. If you drag a shortcut to the folder somewhere it doesn’t hurt promise.

Now that the MP side is a little beefier, I'm surprised I haven't heard space federations mentioned (clans). It seems that NMS might sit well for those that like that type of gameplay. You know get a good system with friends and call it your own. Players come in peaceful get to look around but can't build. Players that come in not so peacefully get to do a little pvp.

I'm not really into that type of gameplay, but it was talked about a while back, but held back through the MP not being very good. But now..

Any thoughts on it. ?

Doesn't work due to the very low player count and no-damage toggle.

Lol, how forgiving of major bugs you suddenly are. :)

I’ve given elite more than one shoulda effort of working around issues I don’t like.

I’m so many cases elite doesn’t even offer that olive branch. To have a mechanic to work around an issue is something to be grateful for coming from elite, or do you just not play anymore? :)

Also the only bug I’ve seen so far is the ship scanner doesn’t work, or only in very limited scenarios.

I couldn’t get past the hipster every time
I tried in the past.

I’ve given elite more than one shoulda effort of working around issues I don’t like.

I’m so many cases elite doesn’t even offer that olive branch. To have a mechanic to work around an issue is something to be grateful for coming from elite, or do you just not play anymore? :)

Also the only bug I’ve seen so far is the ship scanner doesn’t work, or only in very limited scenarios.

I couldn’t get past the hipster every time
I tried in the past.

Ah yes, they scrambled to release 11 hotfixes in a few days because there really aren't many problems, and if you lose a year of progress you should just have made backups.

Nothing to see here, move along. :)

Any thoughts on it. ?
Yeah, why not. Seems like players are creating groups on their own, so why not have some support in the game for it.

NMS is more than just a 10 min survival filler game for me now. What I really like is that something new pops up on a regular basis, even after 20 hours of campaign play. Unexpected little surprises like this...

Also did my first multiplayer missions last night at the Nexus, an Aussie - US collab destroying harmful flora and pirates. Fun.

So ED is my more hard core sim-like, NMS is pure sci-fi whimsy, and never should the two be compared. ;)

They've surely improved the quality of the storms and extreme planets. I found a desert planet where sand storms basically made it almost impossible to see where to land. Now I'm on a frozen planet with extreme snow storms, and driving the Colossus in the storm gives me flashback driving the Mako in Mass Effect. I might build a larger base here. :D

They've surely improved the quality of the storms and extreme planets. I found a desert planet where sand storms basically made it almost impossible to see where to land. Now I'm on a frozen planet with extreme snow storms, and driving the Colossus in the storm gives me flashback driving the Mako in Mass Effect. I might build a larger base here. :D
View attachment 140963
That is a great thing about NMS, the planets that so many think are all the same, are very much 'not the same'. Of course you have to visit more than a few to understand that, but as seen there in your pic, these extreme planets are different and indeed the best type.
Great pic.

How can you get more than one ship.

Whenever i find a wreck i always have to dump the old ship - i though we could collect multiples.

The option is different now. Its add to your collection. The one you arrived in doesnt go away.

From looking this up myself just a moment ago, you cant sell ships at all, but you can trade them, and have a limit of 6 at a time. Im assuming when full the ship you arrive to collect the wreck in is lost as previous.

I've played more than just the opening stages of this release, I know that after the tutorial it becomes less directed (I bought the game when it was originally released), but the core mechanics are the same (the ones I find dull). Going to creative means only the crafting/base building remains, which is just as dull as the rest of it.

Sadly, it's just not my kinda game. I'm glad other people are enjoying it though.
I've now tried this game I believe half a dozen times. I mean new games. When it first came out I was quite happy with what it was - a simple indie game - but critical of the lies in the leadup to release.

Now I keep returning to it, to see if the substantial (admittedly) changes they keep adding make the game ... fun?

No. Not for me. I mean I had an original save from the original release where I probably had 20hours in, I've a few saves over the years at various depths into the game, and my latest one I've a base in a quite lovely location that I wanted to expand on. But I stopped because I'm just not tuned to minecrafty games, just not my thing, I cant eek fun out of it. It's definitely me, not the game, in that sense.

I have a lenovo VR headset, and it works fine. Hate using VR controllers, so that's that. And to completely kill me interest in getting back into it even on flat mode, now I have to &%@ing join all my base items together with &%@ing wire and a power supply that runs for a few minutes??

Okay.

EDit - back to my new playthrough of the remastered Bioshock2. Much more fun.

Exploration feels pointless to me though, as everywhere you go there are always settlements, sentinels, crashed ships, etc. It feels like there's nothing new to find as everywhere is populated.

Of course it's pointless - it's a computer game. 🤷‍♀️ Complete waste of time.

Question is, whether you enjoy your time being wasted in that way - personally, just the sheer thrill of landing on an unknown planet, stepping out of my ship, and looking around at what I can see (scanning everything) is something that gets into my soul - and wish it was there in E: D.

There are lots of new things to find. Columbus didn't "discover" America - it was always there, and was always filled with people.

Top Bottom