Newcomer / Intro Best advice to get back in?

I have a commander with ship and 91K in credits. I have been out of the game for years. Should I try to play the commander I have, or delete it and start new? In other words, are there tutorials that will be on benefit IF I start a new character?

Thanks!

All the tutorial and training stuff can be accessed by your current Commander, however if you restarted you would get access to the new starting systems until you gained any rank and docked outside them after which they would be locked off from you.

I have a commander with ship and 91K in credits. I have been out of the game for years. Should I try to play the commander I have, or delete it and start new? In other words, are there tutorials that will be on benefit IF I start a new character?

Thanks!

Your credits will be replenished in a couple of missions. I would recommend starting again, even if just to enjoy the golden planetary rings at one of the noob-zone stations (Mawson Dock in Dromi) - quite spectacular.

Last edited:
Your credits will be replenished in a couple of missions. I would recommend starting again, even if just to enjoy the golden planetary rings at one of the noob-zone stations (Mawson Dock in Dromi) - quite spectacular.

I take it you are referring to the add-on where you can walk around the planets and bases?

Do you mean Horizons? That is landable planets, driving around in an SRV, and engineers.
The rings are in space though, and can be seen (and flown through) with the base version. And yes, taking off from Mawson Dock for the first time gives you that beautiful view.

Let me get that Strait i was also off since 2017 is ther a new Starting Area i cant get to?? i have 150 Millons why should thrwo that away

Let me get that Strait i was also off since 2017 is ther a new Starting Area i cant get to?? i have 150 Millons why should thrwo that away

You don't need to. The Pilot's Authority Starting area is a group of systems where new players can learn the ropes without coming up against higher-powered ships of other players - you don't NEED to wipe your save and start again, just carry on with your previous progression and assets - you just can't go to one of these permit-locked systems. There are not many and you are missing nowt but a couple of views.

He means that engineering was changed to make it less random.

Every time you spend resources on a modification (a "roll" of the dice, so to speak, hence the idiom), it will be better than the previous modification. Under the old system, it was possible to roll for an upgrade and for it to be objectively worse than the modification you originally had. That is no longer the case.

Meta-alloys are still a thing, although they are no longer important for repairing stations where Thargoid sensors were sold on the black market. You only really need 1t of meta-alloys to unlock Felicity Farseer now.

Previously,trips to the engineers was a more haphazard affair.Now they have become more industrialised,they have smoothed out the bumps in the process so it's not so much pot-luck on the result.
edit:yeah,what this guy said.^

Another Question what Ship is now good for fight if you want make bounty or what is good for trade?
ATM I have a Python
The Python can easily make a very good medium pad trader, with careful selection of module grades and engineering it can be a formidable fighting machine. However from some aspects it is a big target and isn’t as responsive as some of the other combat capable ships so it can lose a lot of money to rebuys.
The Krait mk2 is almost as good a trader as the Python and handles better in combat, it can also carry a ship launched fighter, it is a little cheaper than the Python as well.

Another Question what Ship is now good for fight if you want make bounty or what is good for trade?
ATM I have a Python

The questions haven't changed that much: do you have Horizons, how much money you got, which Engineers you have available, PvE or PvP, ...

For PvE, excluding combat zones, dogfighting up close and personal and with access to Engineers, the Vulture is as good as ever for bounty hunting. The FdL has been somewhat pushed aside on favour of the Mamba, and people still use the Anaconda/Cutter/Corvette for simply parking in a busy area and letting the turrets do all the work. The Krait Mk II has its merits as carrier for a Ship Laucnhed Fighter, and the new Alliance ships (Chieftain/Challenger/Crusader) are a step up from the Federal shoeboxes.

For trading, if you want small station access, the Python is still good, but also in this position, the Krait Mk II is at least comparable - less cargo, but better view and maneuverability.

Top Bottom