The Zurara was already dead. Nothing to do (would have been too cool !), end of the story.
The legendary TDW secret home base is supposed alive, with traffic, operations running, etc.. I can't believe "mostly nothing" would happen. Come on.
But I do believe nobody has the slightest idea how that could be managed in terms of gameplay and storyline. Not even FD. (Besides, the mandatory tourist beacon, of course)
EDIT: oh sorry ! I have an idea. You find the station, it vaporizes you instatnly and the jumps to another system so people can start the quest again. Anything else ?

It's a sandbox.

No, I think the penguin has it correct. We know what npc do now- if you follow them they might make a couple of jumps then simply disappear. FD aren’t going to programme a whole set of realistic npc behaviours just for TDW station. If npc had intelligent capability we would have already observed it in-game. I suspect TDW station and Raxxla itself are just pretty easter eggs to be found and then forgotten. I can’t see them having any sparkling new mechanisms or storyline attached, although I half expect Raxxla to transport the finder to a small separate part of the game, perhaps inside a permit-locked region, possibly into Col70 to make some new insectoid friends...

Scytale

Banned
No, I think the penguin has it correct. We know what npc do now- if you follow them they might make a couple of jumps then simply disappear. FD aren’t going to programme a whole set of realistic npc behaviours just for TDW station. If npc had intelligent capability we would have already observed it in-game. I suspect TDW station and Raxxla itself are just pretty easter eggs to be found and then forgotten. I can’t see them having any sparkling new mechanisms or storyline attached, although I half expect Raxxla to transport the finder to a small separate part of the game, perhaps inside a permit-locked region, possibly into Col70 to make some new insectoid friends...
So what ? The station stays there, floating in space? Like dead ? No possible interaction ? The Powers and the Club looking elsewhere ? Everything going on as always ?
So happy I shelved that game, if so !
And I can't assume that all the TDW NPCs were followed until their last destination. Who can ? Not saying that would have changed anything, eh ?
We know nothing.

Last edited:
This is "mass center". This point can have any distances to A-B-C.
We wanted the center of circumscribed circle which is equaly remote from A-B-C by Radius.

That is true, but the centroid has a straightforward formula. There are many “centres” of triangles. I’m no mathematician, and it’s 20 + years since I did my sailing navigation courses, but I remember that to minimise effect of bearing error you want bearings that are equally spaced around you and distances that are approximately the same, which is an equilateral triangle. Googling “centre of triangle” I found in the case of an equilateral triangle the centroid, incentre, orthocentre & circumcentre are co-located.

Be that as it may, I’m beginning to reconsider this approach- I can’t see that it has any relation to “a journey we all must travel”. The only thing that seems to make sense of that clue, I think, is that the toast represents coordinates of objects that need to be visited in sequence. And also the fact that some of the toasted objects are invisible through dust obscuration...

Scytale

Banned
So TDW knows where Raxxla is ? It has these coordinates inside its own toast and knows the sequence to follow in order to reach Raxxla ?
Mmmh... Interesting. irony

Last edited:
Curious, all my triple accounts currently docked at Jameson Memorial are all offered Founder / Elite missions.
Also, not a Founder.

Founders got access to Shin without needing to be Elite. In the old days you needed to have the appropriate rank to take a mission, so I assume the Founder/Elite missions were specifically created for that subset of players. They only appear in Shin, right?

So basically saying, game content is dull. It seems like they notice us paying attention to something in game that motivated people to play. and instead of building on this and making it in game element, they say they are going to stop. Where was the actual logic to this? It's like they want us bored
There are interesting stories in-game, but they are rare. The day to day stuff are number games, like CGs, BGS, Thargoid war and Power Play. I tend to skip those articles.

I rather read nonsense from Riccardo Bentonio, than the latest Power Play report.

Any type other than... well.. the "ordinary" missions ?
No SAP 8, silent Spheres or Trinkets ?
Everything retconned...
Those types are gone. Types usually offered are:
  • Massacre x pirates
  • Donate credits
  • Donate x of y
  • Remove politician
  • Mine x units of y
  • Industry needs x units of y
  • Courier job available
  • Deliver x of y, (usually outposts)
  • Assassinate known pirate
  • Execute known pirate
  • Black box salvage operation
  • Illegal black box salvage operation
  • Boom time delivery of x units of y (+5000 units)
  • Liberate x hostages
  • Spec ops contract
  • Planetary scan job
  • Internal report delivery
  • Offender data contract
  • Mete out justice on x prisoners
  • Destruction of x sentry skimmer
Probably more types I haven't seen.

Founders got access to Shin without needing to be Elite. In the old days you needed to have the appropriate rank to take a mission, so I assume the Founder/Elite missions were specifically created for that subset of players. They only appear in Shin, right?
Good question, I would imagine so. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, just what I said. Ordinary missions.
Of course those types are gone ! Your fault, Boss ! ;)
Only hope, imho, are the tip-offs.
Can't see anything Raxxla/TDW related in these " E/F missions" of today...
I do have one tipoff mission in the Pleiades Sector, nothing special I would imagine.
tl9UkkJ.png

hLXH9IN.png

Edit: Pretty uneventful.

Last edited:
Be that as it may, I’m beginning to reconsider this approach- I can’t see that it has any relation to “a journey we all must travel”. The only thing that seems to make sense of that clue, I think, is that the toast represents coordinates of objects that need to be visited in sequence. And also the fact that some of the toasted objects are invisible through dust obscuration...

Given the track record to date, I'm tempted to believe the "journey" is the simplest thing on offer - a permit lock, and anyone getting the permit has to meet a certain prerequisite or set of prerequisites: whether that is finding TDW station, visiting a series of systems in a certain order, getting allied with whoever, selling a certain amount of commodities to certain faction(s), being triple (or quadruple, gods forbid, elite) &c. &c. or all of the above. It could even be tied into, shudder, Powerplay. At one point it might have simply been completing a certain set of missions that were likely completely bugged, but those seem to have been taken out of the game. Whatever you do, don't sell any Unknown Artefacts. Far too simple a solution for a game story mechanic, right? <edit> cough Polaris </edit>

And as they have killed Galnet, clearly there were never any Raxxla clues there. Or if there were they are no longer relevant and have been retconned out.

Last edited:
Given the track record to date, I'm tempted to believe the "journey" is the simplest thing on offer - a permit lock, and anyone getting the permit has to meet a certain prerequisite or set of prerequisites: whether that is finding TDW station, visiting a series of systems in a certain order, getting allied with whoever, selling a certain amount of commodities to certain faction(s), being triple (or quadruple, gods forbid, elite) &c. &c. or all of the above. It could even be tied into, shudder, Powerplay. At one point it might have simply been completing a certain set of missions that were likely completely bugged, but those seem to have been taken out of the game. Whatever you do, don't sell any Unknown Artefacts. Far too simple a solution for a game story mechanic, right?

And as they have killed Galnet, clearly there were never any Raxxla clues there. Or if there were they are no longer relevant and have been retconned out.
There is no journey.
The journey was to become Elite and then find hints tha Raxxla was in the game, by doing the old Founders missions. They never did anything else.

Now we have the codex that tells us Raxxla is in the game. No more journey needed.

No sector permits can be obtained. They have never existed. At least not at launch.

There is no journey.
The journey was to become Elite and then find hints tha Raxxla was in the game, by doing the old Founders missions. They never did anything else.

Now we have the codex that tells us Raxxla is in the game. No more journey needed.

No sector permits can be obtained. They have never existed. At least not at launch.
There are lots of system permits out there that no one has cracked yet though...

The centroid of a 3D coordinate triple is (x1+x2+x3)/3, (y1+y2+y3)/3, (z1+z2+z3)/3
Depends on what you are looking for. Your solution will not find a point that has the same distance to the three points A, B, C. Imagine B being extremely close to the center of A & B. Then your solution will also be extremely close to C—compared to the distance between |A-B|. To find a point P that has the same distance to A, B and C one has to find the center of the circumcircle of the triangle which is the intersection of all 3 perpendicular bisectors of the triangle's edges. While this could be done in 3D, I think it is much easier if you do it on the congruent 2D version of the triangle. With that result one can apply the same factor to one the 3D perpendicular bisects that you get from the 2D solution. And there you are, you have P. Next you take the cross product S of B-A and C-A which then is perpendicular to the 3D plane of the triangle and you can compute the straight line of all equidistant points as P + x S. Still not trivial but doable if you have a good library that helps you to solve linear systems of equations. (Hope my translation to english math terms is correct)

There is no journey.

The sector permits might have been an interesting way to focus explorarion early on... But ya looks like an idea that never took off

Top Bottom