Notice ARX FAQ

Maybe he meant Frontier? It's shady, but companies do it for a reason - it works. Frontier won't be any different. At least you can earn some in-game (but that'll be a small amount with a time cap so you can't grind them).

We know PlayStation Store (Z3 Asia) don't have Elite Dangerous so i sign up psn account z1 and buy Elite Dangerous but play with psn z3.
How to buy Ark ?
Sine Ark can't send gift.

I have the same Frontier account for PC & PS4. Is Arx going to be assigned to the platform it's earned / purchased on, or is it assigned to the Frontier account?

I have a question I don't think has been asked, Will Arx have a 1:1 exchange rate with Frontier points? If not, what WILL the exchange rate be?

Different items will have different costs, so it's inevitable that a given pack will either be too many or not enough for most purchases.

We now have 2 Thursdays for an ARX update stream - 5th and 12th. Getting pretty late to tell everyone about the 5th ... but the 12th is pretty close to the release date. Wonder if they're expecting it to cause arguments 🤔

Oh yes, everything causes arguments around here :)

To be honest, does this really need a stream? I guess it would be pretty self explanatory once it's live and we can have a look.

That being said, I don't think we'll get any further info on carriers yet, so why not talk about Arx.

To be honest, does this really need a stream? I guess it would be pretty self explanatory once it's live and we can have a look.
So you don't wonder how to earn ARX in game and will just work it out when live? Well, maybe you're right, but I'm kinda assuming it will be as opaque as a lot of other game mechanisms so would like a few hints about what might work 🤷‍♀️

Maybe I'm just not excited enough for the details. Either we will get some kind of daily log-in "quests" like some other games do, or special mission rewards. And of course there will be a cap, e.g. max. 100 Arx / week.

So you don't wonder how to earn ARX in game and will just work it out when live? Well, maybe you're right, but I'm kinda assuming it will be as opaque as a lot of other game mechanisms so would like a few hints about what might work 🤷‍♀️

It isn't a feature of the game, it's an IRL shop voucher. I can just not buy cosmetics if the implementation is poor or at least not appealing to me.

It's a self-solving problem.

We know PlayStation Store (Z3 Asia) don't have Elite Dangerous so i sign up psn account z1 and buy Elite Dangerous but play with psn z3.
How to buy Ark ?
Sine Ark can't send gift.
spitballing this one but I think you might need to decide whether you want to play in z1 or z3. (What do you do at the moment for Frontier points?)

You will have needed to set-up a Z1 account in order to buy Elite Dangerous in the first place.
You will then have downloaded the game and set your console as a Primary device to allow you to play the game on the Z3 login.
I would guess that you can sign back into your z1 account to buy ARK points and then boot up the game from within the Z1 login and apply any purchases to the z1 login.

If Z3 doesn't have Elite Dangerous, a Z3 account wont be able to have ARX points assigned to it.

I am hoping the original announcement was correct and all we need to do is play the game, if we have to do something specific to earn them then the payout will probably be much higher than I expect.

If it is very complex then I am sure the beta will show how it works.

I don't think we need a stream, but at least a list of what to do to earn Arx.

Elder Scrolls online you earn stuff by logging in daily. Quite annoying if you HAVE to do that tbh, but you just do that to get it done and over with, especially if you are playing another game at the time.

Yay - stream next Thursday. Sounds like I may be the only one watching though :)

Yay - stream next Thursday. Sounds like I may be the only one watching though :)

I will most likely watch. So there will be 2 of us.

This should also be the update that completed the revamped new-start experience in the game, so interested to see what they updated about that - last time they improved the nav panel which helped everyone, so hopefully more like that.

Top Bottom