Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

No, I want to know if it is worth my while pointing my ship towards Alpha Centauri and come back in 3 months :D
The quote was, I believe, active in the game. So a trip to Alpha Centauri might count, but nobody is going to do that. However sitting docked in a station probably isn't active enough. Guessing, of course.

Tell us something, Frontier.

Except if they do tell us, then it can be gamed.

You know, i think FD are doing this wrong. Obviously giving people things for free is a bad strategy.

Perhaps what they should do is SELL people pictures, JPGs one might say, of paintjobs, then tell them that the money given for the JPGs will go to the development of the textuire. Eventually, one day, people will then be able to apply those JPGs as textures to their ships. Like crowdfunding cosmetics.

I mean, it sounds like a really dumb idea, but it possible they might be able to make millions this way. 350 million perhaps!

Deleted member 182079

D
No. That's a paint pack every 12.6 weeks. And a pack is around 6 individual paint-jobs. So, as has been posted before, it's around 2.2 weeks.
That's assuming they don't discreetly jack prices of store items i.e. Arx pricing of store items are in line with the conversion rates of the purchasable Arx packs.

That's assuming they don't discreetly jack prices of store items i.e. Arx pricing of store items are in line with the conversion rates of the purchasable Arx packs.

Assuming they will or won't is foolish. All we can do is wait and see and then decide whether we are happy with the rate.

Can we buy ship kit parts separately with Arx like Ship skins?
I have ship kits, but i only use some of the parts not all (Personal taste). Being able to buy individual parts instead of entire packs would save money.

Take a 16 part Ship kit pack.... Divide it by 16 / Convert to ARX, Then we buy 3 maybe 4 individual parts. Money saved.

You know, i think FD are doing this wrong. Obviously giving people things for free is a bad strategy.

Perhaps what they should do is SELL people pictures, JPGs one might say, of paintjobs, then tell them that the money given for the JPGs will go to the development of the textuire. Eventually, one day, people will then be able to apply those JPGs as textures to their ships. Like crowdfunding cosmetics.

I mean, it sounds like a really dumb idea, but it possible they might be able to make millions this way. 350 million perhaps!

LOL so "SC" :)

What about ship kits? Can you buy individual pieces instead of whole packs? How much will they be, more expensive? Less? Same with Decals, bobbleheads, commander space suits & tattoos etc. Will there be more painjobs to come will the quality improve? And so on...

Top Bottom