Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

Lol I guess the point being made is that the prices, although relative in themselves, seem strangely thought out. I mean why offer any discounts at all if you then for some reason keep other, higher value packs the same as double(slightly more) than the lower pack.
Still means nothing without knowing what 1, 1000, 10,000 ARX can buy.
Would be simple to just say "Prices remain the same and are directly comparable" or not.

The store in game, testing out livery items on a ship without actually being in the ship, being able to earn Arx while playing, are all improvements which I congratulate fdev on.

Having to by blocks of arx and what looks like a possible increase in items pricing. Is a step backwards and not really a QoL update for commanders but more a money making QoL for fdev?

Buying 2x 25,500 is cheaper than buying 1x 51,000 in all currencies.

Also buying 2x 8,400 in GBP is cheaper than buying 1x 16,800.
  • 5000 ARX - 2.99 GBP / 3.49 EUR / 3.99 USD
  • 8400 ARX - 4.99 GBP / 5.99 EUR / 6.99 USD
  • 16,800 ARX - 9.99 GBP / 10.99 EUR / 12.99 USD
  • 25,500 ARX - 14.99 GBP / 15.99 EUR / 18.99 USD
  • 51,000 ARX - 29.99 GBP / 32.99 EUR / 39.99 USD
  • 85,000 ARX - 49.99 GBP / 54.99 EUR / 59.99 USD

But you get a Bonus amount extra with the higher tear packs.

400 a week seems kinda a low the more I think about it. I will not buy anything from a store just on a pure principle. But that's just me.

What does it mean to be 'active' is also a mystery covered in typical FD silenced approach towards customer communication. Would that be a minimal amount of hours? 2, 5, 10?

Or will it be:

Docking to any station: 20 ARX
Taking a mission: 50 ARX
Declining mission : minus 150 ARX
Killing a flying flower: 5 ARX
Killing a ship in war zone: 1 ARX
Hutton Orbital Run: 80 ARX
Void Opal Transaction: minus 400 ARX
? ...

400 a week seems kinda a low the more I think about it. I will not buy anything from a store just on a pure principle. But that's just me.

What does it mean to be 'active' is also a mystery covered in typical FD silenced approach towards customer communication. Would that be a minimal amount of hours? 2, 5, 10?

Or will it be:

? ...

Its based upon hours logged in with a max limit of 400 ARX per week earned.

Or will it be:

? ...
Ganking a player. 400 ARX

Deleted member 182079

D

Or will it be:

? ...

Successfully destroying Sag A*: 100,000,000,000 Arx
ALL YOUR STORE ARE BELONG TO US

I'll never spend another cent in the store unless the amount of Arx received in a package is equal to or perfectly divisible to the Arx cost of the cosmetic. Example: If a paintjob is 6k Arx but the smallest packages only come in 5k or 8400 Arx.... then Fdev can kiss my and I'll just milk free trickle of Arx per week.
I believe that a paint-job costs 100 Frontier points right now, and the conversion factor is 20, so 2000 Arx*. If you buy 8400 or more then you lose 25p per £5. I'd call that reasonable.

The whole reason to have this currency is that it isn't possible to make small real-world transactions because the bank takes all your money. So you need to buy the currency in large batches. If everything cost the same, then they might be able to make them divide out, but then there's no incentive to buy large numbers of Arx, and large batches mean lower bank charges and more profit. Also you can't vary prices so much. I'd hope a decal was cheaper than paint, and I know COVAS is more expensive.

We're all going to have odd bits of Arx lying around anyway, because we're earning them by playing the game.

----
* It also means that a paint job costs £1.25, which is a significant price increase over the current 6-pack price of 50p, and makes it 5 weeks to earn a free one.

Last edited:
The fact you guys are defending this is disturbing honestly. Now that you have to buy more "points" then you need to get someting small.

This is classic mobile game tactics. Stop blindingly defending this. It also looks like they are increasing all the prices with ARX in affect.

The fact you guys are defending this is disturbing honestly. Now that you have to buy more "points" then you need to get someting small.

This is classic mobile game tactics. Stop blindingly defending this. It also looks like they are increasing all the prices with ARX in affect.
How do you know? There are no numbers?
Also it's cosmetics. Who cares, buy it or not, it doesn't matter.

If I understand the whole mechanic correctly, those things in shop are pure cosmetic things. So, it is not necessary to buy them. So, it is OK for me.

Top Bottom