Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

Nothings changed with the ARX introduction at all, except slow freebies for all.

Buy the cosmetics if you like or don't has always been how this worked since pre-release.
Releasing updates for things that are broken for the last 6 months

Nah, Premium store and milking whales and idiots.

You see the issue now?
Yes "free" because Frontier are just so concerned about the poor, and are now a charity.

They should fix the game first.

Hello Commanders,

With the upcoming September Update we wanted to take a moment to explain some important information about the Frontier Store and ARX when they're introduced to the game.

Purchasing Cosmetics
  • ARX can be purchased, as well as earned by simply playing the game, to acquire Game Extras such as Paint Jobs, Ship Kits, Bobbleheads and more!
  • You will no longer be able to purchase Game Extras using current payment methods and instead will require ARX, available in a number of packs (below).
  • Prices for PC ARX packs (below) are as follows:
    • 5000 ARX - 2.99 GBP / 3.49 EUR / 3.99 USD
    • 8400 (+420 bonus) ARX - 4.99 GBP / 5.99 EUR / 6.99 USD
    • 16,800 (+900 bonus) ARX - 9.99 GBP / 10.99 EUR / 12.99 USD
    • 25,500 (+1,300 bonus) ARX - 14.99 GBP / 15.99 EUR / 18.99 USD
    • 51,000 (+3,000 bonus) ARX - 29.99 GBP / 32.99 EUR / 39.99 USD
    • 85,000 (+15,000 bonus) ARX - 49.99 GBP / 54.99 EUR / 59.99 USD
  • Prices for console ARX packs may vary market to market based on platform specifications.

Frontier Points
  • When logging in after the September Update is released, any outstanding Frontier Point balance will be converted into ARX with the following transfer rate (based on the best value ARX package): 1 Frontier Point = 20 ARX
  • Commanders will also receive an email about this conversion.
Frontier Store Downtime
  • In order to prepare for these changes, the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Frontier Store will be offline from 16 September at 07:00 (UTC) and go live when the September Update has been deployed.
If you have any questions about ARX, please let us know below or consult or FAQ available here.
HOW INSULTING IS THIS??
FDev you really F-ed up this time..........

Nice

That's the whole idea. Bought a base game for $60 + LEP for $180..... ? Muhhahaaha. Yes, your content is coming. It's supposed to come in 2016... 2017, 2018, 2019, no, actually 2020 now.

Now let us show you a nice tutorial we've made for new folks.

And yes. 400 arx per week, 5000 arx = $3.99. We'll post it on forums.

Enjoy!

That content is coming, yeah its delayed because game development is hard, but its coming. And I have no issue with efforts to attract new players. As a ED stream however, the content shown off wasn't that compelling for vets like me. That's not a complaint because we all knew this was really for new players.

You know, i think FD are doing this wrong. Obviously giving people things for free is a bad strategy.

Perhaps what they should do is SELL people pictures, JPGs one might say, of paintjobs, then tell them that the money given for the JPGs will go to the development of the textuire. Eventually, one day, people will then be able to apply those JPGs as textures to their ships. Like crowdfunding cosmetics.

I mean, it sounds like a really dumb idea, but it possible they might be able to make millions this way. 350 million perhaps!

Proper lol’d there, all the whining in the thread...smh.

Releasing updates for things that are broken for the last 6 months

Nah, Premium store and milking whales and idiots.

You see the issue now?
Yes "free" because Frontier are just so concerned about the poor, and are now a charity.

They should fix the game first.

Nope I don't get it, the optional cosmetic stuff is still optional and cosmetic. This threads got nothing to do with whatever trivial video game spaceship bug is upsetting you.

Seriously, I do not understand the whole rant. As far as I know, the situation is as follows:

1. There was a shop, where CMDRs can buy some cosmetics for real money.
2. Some CMDRs bought something, others did not bought anything.

New situation is as follows:

1. There are some "points". Those "points" can be bought for real money, or player can get them in-game.
2. Those points can be exchanged for some cosmetic upgrades.

Where exactly is the difference between the old style and new ? From my point of view, there is only one difference. I can get some "points" in-game and I can maybe exchange them for some cosmetic upgrades. Or I can let them be on my account. Nothing more, nothing less.

Frontier Points
  • When logging in after the September Update is released, any outstanding Frontier Point balance will be converted into ARX with the following transfer rate (based on the best value ARX package): 1 Frontier Point = 20 ARX
  • Commanders will also receive an email about this conversion
Oh snap, that's a fantastic conversion rate, by my math that's more then I calculated, I shall be buying some frontier point packs for the conversion.

£10 currently gets you 1000 FP on XBox, with the conversion rate, that's 20,000 Arx.
But £10 only gets you 16,800 Arx?
hmmm.png

Okay, so what's happening to prices, because if they stay the same relative to current FP costs at the same conversion ratio, that's effectively a price increase.
They'd need to be changing from FP to Arx at a significantly different rate for new Arx purchases to get you the same value for money.

I kindof like the new system, especially the part where you slowly earn arx - that goes some way to solving the problem of buying $10 worth of arx and only needing to spend $9 worth: eventually you'll have earned enough to be able to buy something else. Now if only FDev would add more different kinds of stuff to buy...

Last edited:
I have the same Frontier account for PC & PS4. Is Arx going to be assigned to the platform it's earned / purchased on, or is it assigned to the Frontier account?

I have the same Frontier account for PC & PS4. Is Arx going to be assigned to the platform it's earned / purchased on, or is it assigned to the Frontier account?
I would assume that it will be assigned to the commander.

So CMNDR PS4 might own a red paint job, but CMNDR PC can't use it. If CMNDR PS4 clears save, then his replacement has a red paint job.

Isn't that how it works now?

?? Before this update, I did not received anything and I was playing normally. How can change your gaming habits that you receive (or receive not) 400 of something per week ?
My gaming habits, when it comes to Elite, changed a while ago due to all of the existing bugs (i.e., random crashes, multicrew, invincible goid hearts, instance desync, etc...) and general repetitiveness of the game, and have cause me to grow bored and even frustrated (out of love) for Elite.

Last edited:
Cool. But will you be making more cosmetic stuff to go along with this revamped purchasing system or are you done for good with cosmetics creation unless new ships are added?

Top Bottom