Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

cause you got none you have to be at each market which is posibible for the route once -- not enough date no route....you can cheese i but rtfm

When I want to click on Routes -> Planner or Routes -> Finder I only get the Message "No Data"

You must have at least two registered markets in your database, otherwise you get the message, you saw.

Fill up your database with plenty of markets around your current position by using the EDDB-Relay option at the launcher.

Checkout these beginner hints:
  • TCE is delivered with a blank database of trade markets. So you choose either to start with it, adding markets you came across, to have your own personal database, or starting with a pre-populated database of markets, created by EDDB-Relay, for a selected distance of light years and light seconds around your current postition in game. Is that your choice, enter the EDDB-Relay window at the launcher and create a starter database. Good values for range and distance are 30 LY and 8k LS.
  • With the support tools, I suggest to use EDMC, which provides the market data for TCE by using Frontier's Companion API. Set up EDMC once (see Guide Section), thereafter it's not required to be run, only when updated.
  • The actual commodity prices may differ after some time from the prices, you have stored within TCE, but you can mass-update all stored prices by EDDB-Relay before launching TCE. Enter the EDDB-Relay window and hit the 'Update Prices' button. Every stored market in TCE got checked and updated, if required. This has to be done only once a day.

Question for you all... I'm having a heck of a time getting the mouse to show up over the game screen - windowed borderless. I can see the cursor for brief moments if I happen to glance over the ui, but otherwise I'm flying blind. I've tried the various options under graphics without success, and it doesn't matter what screen mode I display in, the damned mouse simply isn't visible in game.

I've got a multi monitor setup, so there's that. Interacting with TCE as an overlay that I have to click to and click back from is difficult as hell when you can't use you cursor reliably. keys are an option yes, but they don't serve to understand the fundamental problem - they just avoid it which is a bit unsatisfactory, you know? Update: Changed binding to keyboard an mouse and the dmaned thing still doesn't show up in the game window. In the menu it functions correctly, but not in game...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Anyway, if you've seen this, please let me know.

Last edited:
Question for you all... I'm having a heck of a time getting the mouse to show up over the game screen - windowed borderless. I can see the cursor for brief moments if I happen to glance over the ui, but otherwise I'm flying blind. I've tried the various options under graphics without success, and it doesn't matter what screen mode I display in, the damned mouse simply isn't visible in game.

I've got a multi monitor setup, so there's that. Interacting with TCE as an overlay that I have to click to and click back from is difficult as hell when you can't use you cursor reliably. keys are an option yes, but they don't serve to understand the fundamental problem - they just avoid it which is a bit unsatisfactory, you know? Update: Changed binding to keyboard an mouse and the dmaned thing still doesn't show up in the game window. In the menu it functions correctly, but not in game...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Anyway, if you've seen this, please let me know.

To make your mouse pointer quickly visible for using the TCE overlay, add a keybind to "Focus Interface" in TCE.
Additionally you can add a keybind to "Show/Hide Interface".
I'm a HOTAS user but IIRC, there is no mouse pointer in game.

Anybody knows where to find "commodity id´s" wanted to ad the new "Fertilizer" commodity. Do i have it to do manuael or is there another way

Version [1.7.9.1] released
Changelog:
  • Added a missing commodity to the Resources database.
  • Added two missing outfittings to the Resources database.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Anybody knows where to find "commodity id´s" wanted to ad the new "Fertilizer" commodity. Do i have it to do manuael or is there another way

Thanks for the hint, update your TCE version to add the missing entries to your database.
Added also an entry to the OneSky Commodity Translation project.

Generally spoken, I will add new entries of resources by an update of TCE, but you be able to do it with the Database panel until an update is available.

Version [1.7.9.2] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue with the Star System database verify and repair routine if the database isn't coherent anymore.
  • Fixed an issue with the Bookmark database verify and repair routine, if the Star System database wasn't coherent.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Version [1.7.9.3] released
Changelog:
  • Added an option to the creation of an initial market database to include markets of already visited star systems.
  • Added an option to deactivate the support panel animations to the Panel Configuration tab of the Options panel.
  • Fixed an issue with the mission recognition routine when an accepted mission destination is more distant than the selected trade range.
  • Fixed a small display issue at the Panel Configuration tab of the Options panel.
  • Fixed an issue with the Summary Information panel not updating properly on mouseover events at the Waypoint panel.
  • Fixed an issue with the Summary Information panel not closing the panel sometimes.

Notes:

Version [1.7.9.4] released
Changelog:
  • Added some missing translations of mission names.
  • Added the expected mission reward to the Mission database.
  • Added the expected mission reward to the tooltip info of the mission icon and mission name at the Mission panel.
  • Added a 'Reward' sort option to the Mission panel.
  • Fixed some small display issues at the market list of the Commodity panel.
  • Fixed an error when trying to transfer the database out of the started version folder.

Notes:

Trying to install TCE on another networked computer (have done this with a previous TCE version a long time ago). I have setup the paths in TCE.config. The paths are to the network mapped computer running ED. E.g. the JournalPath is:
JournalPath="X:\Users\Thacyoon\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous"

However, when I start TCE I get an error message saying: Could not find part of the path "c:\Users\Thacyoon\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous". Notice that the X drive is now a c drive letter in the errormessage. If I try to install TCE on the main computer (where ED is installed - all is fine)

Oh, and EXCELLENT work with TCE. I am returning to ED and I am trilled to see TCE is still going strong. If I could just get it to connect via network as it did earlier.

Here is part of the error message:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Thacyoon\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Player_Data.Delete_Visited_StarSystems() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Player_Data.vb:line 1531
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Ablauf_Startprozedur.TCE_Start_Routine() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Ablauf_Startprozedur.vb:line 96
at Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher_UI.BTN_LaunchTCE_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_UI.vb:line 501
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Last edited:
Version [1.7.9.5] released
Changelog:
  • Added the ED AppData\Local path to be changeable for network access users to the TCE.config file.
  • Fixed an error if the ED AppData\Local path is not accessable.

Notes:

Trying to install TCE on another networked computer (have done this with a previous TCE version a long time ago). I have setup the paths in TCE.config. The paths are to the network mapped computer running ED. E.g. the JournalPath is:
JournalPath="X:\Users\Thacyoon\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous"

However, when I start TCE I get an error message saying: Could not find part of the path "c:\Users\Thacyoon\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous". Notice that the X drive is now a c drive letter in the errormessage. If I try to install TCE on the main computer (where ED is installed - all is fine)

Oh, and EXCELLENT work with TCE. I am returning to ED and I am trilled to see TCE is still going strong. If I could just get it to connect via network as it did earlier.

Here is part of the error message:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Thacyoon\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Player_Data.Delete_Visited_StarSystems() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Player_Data.vb:line 1531
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Ablauf_Startprozedur.TCE_Start_Routine() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Ablauf_Startprozedur.vb:line 96
at Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher_UI.BTN_LaunchTCE_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_UI.vb:line 501
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hello and welcome back!

Thanks for your report, fixed the error with the update above. You are now able to change the required path for the ED config files, so they can be accessed over the network.

Top Bottom