Patch Notes September Update - Patch 1

Guys, please ... be serious: there is NO reason to "thank" FDev for solving a (big) problem that they themselves have caused.

The "thank you" is comic. A series of insults would probably be more appropriate.

If you insult me while I´m doing my job, even though I'm wrong , you probably receive more than bad words, and your insult will be really comic...
grow up,they are still people just working

Are there compensations while the product and the service you legally have to provide to fulfil the contract are being brought back in a useful state?

FWIW, PES has a store with a virtual currency. Whenever KONAMI screw up something they compensate the players with some free virtual currency and an in-game apology message. People seem to take that more serious than the odd twitter message here and there and it provides an incentive to screw up less in the future.

No thank you from me.

You dropped the ball hard FD and it took you far to long to get even this far.

The community owes you nothing today.

I think ... I hope they know how badly this has damaged their relationship with the players esp. the long term players, there have been so many commenting here in the forum it should be hard to miss.

It has seriously damaged my personal relationship with Elite. I took scrn shots last night of my current Cmdr's status in the Codex with a view to simply not returning again and re-awaking my focus with Visual Studio and my Raspberry Pi in my evenings and spare time.

And, @Will Flanagan whilst I have your attention [ if I do :) ], I just want to mention that with over 4,500hours [EDIT: 6,029hrs] in the Elitian Universe I dislike how easy it has become to earn credits, how easy it has become to rank up etc. How a couple of hours of Void Opal mining can net 100's of millions of credits.

I understand why, and I assume it is because there are many, many players out there who want to join the Elitian Universe play for a while, get the big ships and the high ranks and move on, but I, as a long term [2nd life?] player don't like it. When I first started, gaining my next ship took many hours and days of play to work for my first Python and to work for my Anaconda and I felt like I had achieved it. It took a long time for me to achieve my Elite ranks and, again, it was an achievement.

That sense of achievement doesn't seem to be there anymore. I do not know whether I have simply burned out [note, I have been programming since the 1970's and still have not burned out on that] or if my in-game experience means I find everything easier anyway but the you tube videos like "get an Anaconda in 24 hours" seem to indicate it is actually easier that it used to be.

There are some wonderful game play ideas I have read, e.g. the recent one where instead of your SLF pilot dying they are captured by the attacking ship and you have to go, chase the pirate down and either pay a ransom or destroy said pirate and pick up your SLF pilot in an escape capsule. Yet depth of game play seems to be increasingly missing and grind [and I am specifically thinking of the click, click, click of engineering when traveling to an engineer and having an additional button along the lines of "use up all of my mats and engineer as far as you can" would remove some of the repeated clickety click grind 'game' play.

I thoroughly enjoy flying my spaceships and Elite seems unique and there are many other shoot-em-ups out there I just hope that Elite can return to being unique.

This long post is not a moan, I do not intend for it to be a grumble but it is written with a feeling of sadness for "my" elite that seems to have become lost.

Last edited:
Something is better than nothing I guess. And I assume the players affected by the fixed issues are happy.
Oh, but such a long way to go. And I'm not gonna mention issues from April patch, 3.x as a whole, 2.x as a whole, reoccuring fixed bugs from all eras... Oh wait, I did :whistle:

MDH

Deleted member 110222

D
Mindless anything is bad.

Politeness is generally a good thing, if only to emphasise how serious the situation when one isn’t polite.
Nah. FD left the game to rot over the weekend without so much as a sorry.

Why should we be polite when the offending party doesn't even apologise?

I know we're all hard on you Frontier.
But we appreciate some patching.

I'm guessing you guys are full at work trying to fix your mess.
How about we all learn from mistakes and bring back Beta servers???

(seriously bring beta servers back, and if you can't ensure a stable release, dont release, its better for everyone, and someone up in management needs a kick in the rear, can only imagine how hard the coders are being crunched right now((hate to admit it but i hope they are till they finally fix poopoo)).)

There was a beta. Community devs got access, and it was NDA level, no mentioning of it anywhere

Guys, please ... be serious: there is NO reason to "thank" FDev for solving a (big) problem that they themselves have caused.

The "thank you" is comic. A series of insults would probably be more appropriate.

Insults are never appropriate. You can criticize the game and its bugs but insulting anyone over it would solve nothing. As annoying as the bugs always are, no developer deserves insults. Criticize the product but don't insult other human beings. If you don't like the product don't play or don't spend more money on it. But at least try to be constructive here on the forum. Yes, I agree it's super annoying. But it never justifies what you just want to do here.

Deleted member 110222

D
Insults are never appropriate. You can criticize the game and its bugs but insulting anyone over it would solve nothing. As annoying as the bugs always are, no developer deserves insults. Criticize the product but don't insult other human beings. If you don't like the product don't play or don't spend more money on it. But at least try to be constructive here on the forum. Yes, I agree it's super annoying. But it never justifies what you just want to do here.
The onus is on FD to apologise. Why are they exempt from being polite?

Good news FDev but don't stop here.
Go on a roll!

I think ... I hope they know how badly this has damaged their relationship with the players esp. the long term players, there have been so many commenting here in the forum it should be hard to miss.

It has seriously damaged my personal relationship with Elite. I took scrn shots last night of my current Cmdr's status in the Codex with a view to simply not returning again and re-awaking my focus with Visual Studio and my Raspberry Pi in my evenings and spare time.

And, @Will Flanagan whilst I have you attention [ if I do :) ], I just want to mention that with over 4,500hours in the Elitian Universe I dislike how easy it has become to earn credits, how easy it has become to rank up etc. How a couple of hours of Void Opal mining can net 100's of millions of credits.

I understand why, and I assume it is because there are many, many players out there who want to join the Elitian Universe play for a while, get the big ships and the high ranks and move on, but I, as a long term [2nd life?] player don't like it. When I first started, gaining my next ship took many hours and days of play to work for my first Python and to work for my Anaconda and I felt like I had achieved it. It took a long time for me to achieve my Elite ranks and, again, it was an achievement.

That sense of achievement doesn't seem to be there anymore. I do not know whether I have simply burned out [note, I have been programming since the 1970's and still have not burned out on that] or if my in-game experience means I find everything easier anyway but the you tube videos like "get an Anaconda in 24 hours" seem to indicate it is actually easier that it used to be.

There are some wonderful game play ideas I have read, e.g. the recent one where instead of your SLF pilot dying they are captured by the attacking ship and you have to go, chase the pirate down and either pay a ransom or destroy said pirate and pick up your SLF pilot in an escape capsule. Yet depth of game play seems to be increasingly missing and grind [and I am specifically thinking of the click, click, click of engineering when traveling to an engineer and having an additional button along the lines of "use up all of my mats and engineer as far as you can" would remove some of the repeated clickety click grind 'game' play.

I thoroughly enjoy flying my spaceships and Elite seems unique and there are many other shoot-em-ups out there I just hope that Elite can return to being unique.

This long post is not a moan, I do not intend for it to be a grumble but it is written with a feeling of sadness for "my" elite that seems to have become lost.

I do not agree with the ranks about, the first cmdr who made triple elite took 1000 hours, I have 2000 and I am far from that, it is not easier to rise now, except trade i think

Thanks for the quick update. Early Monday afternoon is the fastest we could have expected a fix for these issues.

Is there any news on when a fix on the server issue that's impacting the mission and passenger mission boards is going to be rolled out?

Last edited:
Thank you for fixing this, but it is better to not break anything at all. What about regular PS4 perfomance? It is often less than 30 fps and freezes a lot.

Top Bottom