Notice ARX FAQ

Right now missions don't seem to generate Arx. This seems odd.
Selling exploration data seems to generate 1 Arx for every 100,000 Cr.
Mining also doesn't generate Arx at the moment, but there is evidence that it will do when the bugs have been fixed.
Kills and, probably, being killed, generate Arx.
There was mention of trade earning Arx, but I don't know the rate.

So, at the moment, mercenary and exploration are what you need to get into to earn Arx.

You would have probably earned 1 Arx if you had 100% scanned that system.

Thanks so much for explaining how it currently works. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my ARX (or the lack thereof). :unsure:

Last edited:
I might have missed the answer to this one, but will I be able to gift ARX to a friend the way I used to be able to gift ship paints and cosmetics?

I might have missed the answer to this one, but will I be able to gift ARX to a friend the way I used to be able to gift ship paints and cosmetics?
No you cant gift ARX at this time, take a look at FD original Q&A post and they mentioned that. also at this time now that all you can do is buy ARX Packs I dont think you can gift a purchase of ARX yet either. I'm sure this will be worked out some way as Gifting others paintjobs and Engine colors etc has been a large part of FD $ as many Twitch steamers have done this in the past as giveaways.

Right now missions don't seem to generate Arx. This seems odd.
Selling exploration data seems to generate 1 Arx for every 100,000 Cr.
Mining also doesn't generate Arx at the moment, but there is evidence that it will do when the bugs have been fixed.
Kills and, probably, being killed, generate Arx.
There was mention of trade earning Arx, but I don't know the rate.

So, at the moment, mercenary and exploration are what you need to get into to earn Arx.

You would have probably earned 1 Arx if you had 100% scanned that system.
I did 3 cargo delivery missions yesterday, scanned a few systems on the way but did not sell the scans and earned 3 Arx. Each delivery was 800k+ credits though so maybe there are Arx earned by credits earned rather than by number of missions. I certainly didn't shoot anything or sell my exploration data yet earned Arx.

I did 3 cargo delivery missions yesterday, scanned a few systems on the way but did not sell the scans and earned 3 Arx. Each delivery was 800k+ credits though so maybe there are Arx earned by credits earned rather than by number of missions. I certainly didn't shoot anything or sell my exploration data yet earned Arx.
Scanning planets gets you ARX - around 1 per 100k value (no need to hand in - that's more ARX). If you did more than 5 jumps that's more ARX. Soon starts to count.

OK, on of the planets scanned was a water world and as I had a fully loaded jump range of 5.5ly I did lots of jumps LOL before realising that the drive was under sized - oops.

OK, on of the planets scanned was a water world and as I had a fully loaded jump range of 5.5ly I did lots of jumps LOL before realising that the drive was under sized - oops.
.. if you swapped modules you would get ARX for that. Or if you engineered your FSD - that also gives ARX. As would using material traders for getting the materials for engineering :) We're starting to build the picture https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/arx-earning-guide.522856/

Scanning planets gets you ARX - around 1 per 100k value (no need to hand in - that's more ARX). If you did more than 5 jumps that's more ARX. Soon starts to count.
You have to hand in the data before you get 1 Arx per 100k. You get a few travelling round and maybe for scanning, but it's about a tenth of the amount.

Nope. Not true. I'm out in Acheron earning ARX.
This is truly mysterious then. I've checked that. I went out, came back and relogged. I got maybe 15 Arx. Then I sold the data and relogged again and got 1:100k. Maybe you have to log out twice or maybe it awards it at the end of the day or something.

It's a good thing though. I was worried about you guys who stay out for months at a time then come back with billions worth of data. It's good to know Frontier has you covered.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Add to the FAQs...

Q: Is there a maximum number of ARX I am able to earn per week?
A: Isn't the max per power cycle 400 ARX?

Q. I want to "save up" my ARX over several weeks to make a paint job purchase. Do ARX earned during the week expire if I don't use them?
A: Didn't I read somewhere that gameplay earned ARX expire?

We've added these to the FAQ!

Thank you @Soron Silin for providing answers to these questions in the meantime!

sollisb

Banned
What commitments have Frontier given to ensure the fair trade of ARX?

Q: In the event Frontier discontinue ARX, will any players balances be repaid? Or is the players cash, gone for good?

Q: In the event of the game being discontinued, will any players balances be repaid? Or is the players cash, gone for good?

Q: Has any lifetime been put on the redeeming of ARX purchased?

Q: What is being done to align the cost of buy in the US at the MS Store and buying straight from Frontier? Currently there is a discrepancy.

Q: What are my consumer rights in the purchase of your virtual currency?

StefanOS

Volunteer Moderator
Will the team be doing anything to improve the quality of Paint Jobs/Ship Kits?
Actually, yes! We've been making improvements to the Paint Job render system over the course of this year. New Paint Jobs will all use this improved system, meaning we are able to offer sharper, more detailed paint schemes than ever before. Furthermore, we are working through our back catalog to update Paint Jobs we feel could benefit from a touch up.

Can we have a status in this quality improvement? is this implemented or not??
I did check the new paint jobs, the only real nice one I saw are the racing ones (the look like more detailed), but the new COBRA MK3 overdrive PINK have some palm trees they look ULTA LOW resolution... (or is this some kind of retro design?)

Last edited:
What commitments have Frontier given to ensure the fair trade of ARX?

Q: In the event Frontier discontinue ARX, will any players balances be repaid? Or is the players cash, gone for good?

Q: In the event of the game being discontinued, will any players balances be repaid? Or is the players cash, gone for good?

Q: Has any lifetime been put on the redeeming of ARX purchased?

Q: What is being done to align the cost of buy in the US at the MS Store and buying straight from Frontier? Currently there is a discrepancy.

Q: What are my consumer rights in the purchase of your virtual currency?

Just remember.... Bitcoin.... that is all.

Top Bottom