ANNOUNCEMENT ARX FAQ

But you then get a regular newspaper each and every day or each and every weekend. You don't cherry pick. The situation with ED cosmetics and arx is more akin to buying a one-off magazine but having to pay 1.5x the cover price, in case the next time you fancy a magazine you can pay 1.5x the cover price again and hope that there's a third one you also like so you can spend the balance.

And if you decide that you've had enough of that bar and never intend to go back, does the publican get to keep what's left? Because I'm reasonably sure there's no documented mechanism by which FD can give you a refund on unspent arx**.

(Not trying to have a go, just pointing out the potential pitfalls of relying on analogies. Even though we all do it).

*Numbers may have been exaggerated for easier maths.

**Although to be fair to FD, if you asked them to permanently delete your account I reckon
there's a good chance they would do this. It's one of the paradoxes of this company. At
times the profit-focused tail seems to be well and truly wagging the dog, yet when it comes
to one-on-one customer service their support team often goes above and beyond.
+1 for the footnotery :)

And if you decide that you've had enough of that bar and never intend to go back, does the publican get to keep what's left? Because I'm reasonably sure there's no documented
My planned rebuff is "and when has anyone ever stopped drinking until the money is all gone?"

But yes, fair points; they're not perfect analogies.

Is there some trick to earning ARX? Something I have to enable? I ask because I have earned zero ARX so far. I booted up the game the other day just to take a look around at the changes but didn't hang around long because of the bugs, etc. I did one mission and logged off for the night - about ten minutes of gameplay in all. Today, I logged in and discovered my ARX balance was still zero. Okay, I thought, maybe I didn't play enough. So today I logged on again, did a salvage mission, sold some exploration data, and used the FSS to scan 3/4's of a solar system. I logged out and returned about three hours later: still zero ARX.

Am I missing something? Or just another bug to log?

Is there some trick to earning ARX? Something I have to enable? I ask because I have earned zero ARX so far. I booted up the game the other day just to take a look around at the changes but didn't hang around long because of the bugs, etc. I did one mission and logged off for the night - about ten minutes of gameplay in all. Today, I logged in and discovered my ARX balance was still zero. Okay, I thought, maybe I didn't play enough. So today I logged on again, did a salvage mission, sold some exploration data, and used the FSS to scan 3/4's of a solar system. I logged out and returned about three hours later: still zero ARX.

Am I missing something? Or just another bug to log?
Right now missions don't seem to generate Arx. This seems odd.
Selling exploration data seems to generate 1 Arx for every 100,000 Cr.
Mining also doesn't generate Arx at the moment, but there is evidence that it will do when the bugs have been fixed.
Kills and, probably, being killed, generate Arx.
There was mention of trade earning Arx, but I don't know the rate.

So, at the moment, mercenary and exploration are what you need to get into to earn Arx.

You would have probably earned 1 Arx if you had 100% scanned that system.

Last edited:
Add to the FAQs...

Q: Is there a maximum number of ARX I am able to earn per week?
A: Isn't the max per power cycle 400 ARX?

Q. I want to "save up" my ARX over several weeks to make a paint job purchase. Do ARX earned during the week expire if I don't use them?
A: Didn't I read somewhere that gameplay earned ARX expire?

Add to the FAQs...

Q: Is there a maximum number of ARX I am able to earn per week?
A: Isn't the max per power cycle 400 ARX?
Correct
Q. I want to "save up" my ARX over several weeks to make a paint job purchase. Do ARX earned during the week expire if I don't use them?
A: Didn't I read somewhere that gameplay earned ARX expire?
Incorrect. Arx do not expire.
The cap is refreshed to 400 each week. You may be confused with people asking if the unearned part of the cap rolls over.
So if you earned 0 one week you would be able to earn 800 the next. This does not happen; it's 400 per week, every week.
The cap does not roll over, but your earned Arx do.

Mining also doesn't generate Arx at the moment, but there is evidence that it will do when the bugs have been fixed.

So, at the moment, mercenary and exploration are what you need to get into to earn Arx.

Thanks so much for explaining how it currently works. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my ARX (or the lack thereof). :unsure:

Last edited:
I might have missed the answer to this one, but will I be able to gift ARX to a friend the way I used to be able to gift ship paints and cosmetics?

I might have missed the answer to this one, but will I be able to gift ARX to a friend the way I used to be able to gift ship paints and cosmetics?
No you cant gift ARX at this time, take a look at FD original Q&A post and they mentioned that. also at this time now that all you can do is buy ARX Packs I dont think you can gift a purchase of ARX yet either. I'm sure this will be worked out some way as Gifting others paintjobs and Engine colors etc has been a large part of FD $ as many Twitch steamers have done this in the past as giveaways.

I did 3 cargo delivery missions yesterday, scanned a few systems on the way but did not sell the scans and earned 3 Arx. Each delivery was 800k+ credits though so maybe there are Arx earned by credits earned rather than by number of missions. I certainly didn't shoot anything or sell my exploration data yet earned Arx.

I did 3 cargo delivery missions yesterday, scanned a few systems on the way but did not sell the scans and earned 3 Arx. Each delivery was 800k+ credits though so maybe there are Arx earned by credits earned rather than by number of missions. I certainly didn't shoot anything or sell my exploration data yet earned Arx.
Scanning planets gets you ARX - around 1 per 100k value (no need to hand in - that's more ARX). If you did more than 5 jumps that's more ARX. Soon starts to count.

OK, on of the planets scanned was a water world and as I had a fully loaded jump range of 5.5ly I did lots of jumps LOL before realising that the drive was under sized - oops.

OK, on of the planets scanned was a water world and as I had a fully loaded jump range of 5.5ly I did lots of jumps LOL before realising that the drive was under sized - oops.
.. if you swapped modules you would get ARX for that. Or if you engineered your FSD - that also gives ARX. As would using material traders for getting the materials for engineering :) We're starting to build the picture https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/arx-earning-guide.522856/

Top Bottom