Taking into account the "Deepest void" part there is a sector of space called "The Void" on the galaxy map.

Also I don't think it's in the old world's as the log article states that one of the characters of the story was at Tau Ceri which never existed in Elite 1.

Taking into account the "Deepest void" part there is a sector of space called "The Void" on the galaxy map.

Also I don't think it's in the old world's as the log article states that one of the characters of the story was at Tau Ceri which never existed in Elite 1.

Yes of course, which is Galactic Region 42 (again seen in many cultural references & fiction). The symbology of numbers & names in ED are important.

Yes of course, which is Galactic Region 42 (again seen in many cultural references & fiction). The symbology of numbers & names in ED are important.
42 the answer to life the universe and everything!

Taking into account it's quite spaced out over there with big distances between stars Raxxla could be over there and we may never find it. Some cmdrs have been over there however as there are some codex information in the region backing up the "the system has been visited" arguement.

If you read Terry Pratchett's Discworld series (one of my fav), you'd see The Lady (Luck) vs Fate. The idea of Probability vs Predestination. Free will vs Determinism. The Lady has green eyes & Fate has black eyes. A common motif and I'd expect as good writers, they'd have all done a deep dive. Everything that good writers write about is deliberate. Same with Douglas Adams & THGTTG with the Heart of Gold.

I have seen some of the shows but much to my detriment ... I have not read his Discworld series.. yet.
Ya the free will vs determinism debate... Just my take on it, and as I guess I am propounding the Neoplatonist theory (I think they would come down in the middle). Fortuna, Anake, and the Fates are all aspects of some hypercosmic god that in itself would eventually derive (imagine nesting dolls) from the One. The One (Monad) is the seed of everything- it is Truth, God, Intellect, Chaos, Matrix.... So as we get closer to the One our actions become Truer and more deterministic as we would be more apt to make the 'right' choice... however we also get closer to whirling obscurity and the darkness that is Chaos (hmmm the black hole of determinism). How that will help us find Raxxla .... hahahahahah no idea

I was just happy to make a connection between 'mother of stars' and 'lady fate' :)

Taking into account it's quite spaced out over there with big distances between stars Raxxla could be over there and we may never find it. Some cmdrs have been over there however as there are some codex information in the region backing up the "the system has been visited" arguement.

Nah personally I don't think its in 42 due to various "reasons" plus I'm pretty sure it was never to be taken literally.
You might want to do more research though on the rumor. It was never true, apparently just a bad "joke" given too much life. A lie can run round the world before the truth has got its boots on.

Deepest Void sector has always held some interest, its likely a bug or a smudge on my plasma but way out in the Deepest void....waaay out from any stars is a small red smudge. If you try and zoom in, its dispersed.

Just odd as I cant find any stars out there and its right out there in the direction of the Magellanic clouds.

Probably just jam.

Last edited:
Deepest Void sector has always held some interest, it may be a bug or a smudge on my plasma but way out in the Deepest void....waaay out from any stars is a small red smudge. If you try and zoom in its dispersed.

Just odd as I cant find any stars out there and it right out there in the direction of the Magellanic clouds.

Probably just jam.

Ah, jam on the display. This is why I have breakfast browsing the forum threads on my ipad and keep gaming to the PC, where the only danger is biscuit crumbs and coffee splashes.😗

Ah, jam on the display. This is why I have breakfast browsing the forum threads on my ipad and keep gaming to the PC, where the only danger is biscuit crumbs and coffee splashes.😗
There is always dust. I have parallaxed many a TDW station, only to find a grain of dust on the monitor.

At least I don't have that problem in VR, on the main computer. :geek:

So whats the ultimate question? (this is like DB: 'you don't know what it is yet')

And please don't propagate that old fake news.

C'mon you guys - you're so unhip I'm surprised your bums don't fall off ! As Prak declared - knowing both the answer and the question would cause the universe to instantly disappear and be replaced with something even more bizarrely inexplicable..

iirc long after that and also before that in maybe a parallel universe (not sure about that bit) Arthur Dent & Ford Prefect made Scrabble tiles out of wood and pulled them out of a bag to find the Ultimate Question, as AD was the only remaining living part of the original experiment chance should mean he would get the right question, and the Ultimate Question according to that is:

What is six times seven?

And if we're including all versions of this Omphalous Rift a la Improbability Drive I'd like to introduce the Holly Hop Drive as potentially significant as I know 'Lister Of Smeg' is a player and a good likelihood to be a fdev account.

iirc long after that and also before that in maybe a parallel universe (not sure about that bit) Arthur Dent & Ford Prefect made Scrabble tiles out of wood and pulled them out of a bag to find the Ultimate Question, as AD was the only remaining living part of the original experiment chance should mean he would get the right question, and the Ultimate Question according to that is:

What is six times seven?

And if we're including all versions of this Omphalous Rift a la Improbability Drive I'd like to introduce the Holly Hop Drive as potentially significant as I know 'Lister Of Smeg' is a player and a good likelihood to be a fdev account.
At risk of turning this into a HHG2G fan thread:

The scrabble episode at the end of the series was meant to demonstrate that the arrival of the Golga-Frincham's on earth had messed up the computer program, and that what Marvin had seen in Arthurs brain waves was the wrong question. Prak came after that.. and don't mention the frogs!

[ I should mention that this is the radio series, which is the only canon version and has nothing to do with the abomination which is the movie...]

Last edited:

I do like the idea of the Necessity Drive using the Omphalos like a spindle whirl around the driveshaft of necessity. Wouldnt take you where u want to go... Only where you need to... Would be terribly dull.
Oohhh a special engineer for the right upgrades....

Last edited:

What is six times seven?

6 * 7 = 42 (base 13)

Top Bottom