News Community Update (27/09)

Thanks, Will, and thanks to the Dev team. I've been in bug-crunch hell, and it's not fun.
  • Diamondback Explorer
    • Fixed mismatched Paint Jobs for the Diamondback Explorer
That's great, I'll take another look at them when the patch lands.
  • Rendering
    • Fixed an issue that caused stars in the night sky to disappear (creating, in some cases, 'hard edges')
What's the difference between night and day when one is in space?

Is anything actually being done to address and prevent/disable players from using the cheating and hacking trainers?

I’m not asking for specific details, I’m asking your team to acknowledge that it IS still a problem and that a solution is still being pursued. Because many of us observe MORE and MORE flagrant cheaters flying around since this issue was exposed to the entire community. Throw us a bone here please.

ZO
blatant cheating is fine with fdev and tolerated if not encouraged, in all cases because only the player base are victims

cashing in on fertilizer is bad and dealt with swiftly because fdev is the victim

Last edited:
и когда вы решите проблему игроков, которые не могут войти в игру из-за ошибки taype cobra на ps4 и ПК. но цвет значка более важен, чем игроки, которые не могут играть

I agree completely!

Hmm, FD, got a question regarding the starport orientation fix.

Ship HUD
  • Corrected the schematic of a targeted starport to match its actual orientation

So i heard about that the other night when someone pointed it out , not been to a station recently since exploring, but after visiting a station the other night i did notice the discrepancy on the orientation.

First i checked a few things to see what was amiss.
I wondered if it was the starport itself was out of place or the navigation hologram target was out of place.
It seemed to me after a few tests it was not one or the other but BOTH!.

Nav holo target was not aligned correctly to the expected orientation of where the station should be from SC. Also the station iteself was not aligned correctly to the planet or the holo target.

It seems to me both target and the station itself was misaligned.

patch notes fix seems to suggest it was just the holo target was fixed,
maybe just fixed the target to the station which is also out of place?

or did both get fixed to where i presume they should both be facing towards the body they orbit, ie , facing the planet?

...or did both get fixed to where i presume they should both be facing towards the body they orbit, ie , facing the planet?
I keep seeing this statement but in my experience, which includes a great many station landings of all types of orbitals, I've never seen that stations are consistently aligned to face their parent planetoids. Some do, yes, but as many or more do not, except in the most general interpretation of "facing." I always try to align my SC approach to result in a Deep Throat alignment with the mail slot and station axis, which means the last bit of SC maneuvering shows me the exact station alignment vis a vis its primary. In some approaches the stations seem more aligned with the planet's rotation axis, and in some they seem to face as much away as toward the planet. The same holds true when leaving a station -- coming straight out the mail slot it's often just empty space, though planets may hover 30deg to 45deg off port, starboard, zenith or nadir. That's a big fudge on the idea of "facing." Or maybe I'm too exacting.

I keep seeing this statement but in my experience, which includes a great many station landings of all types of orbitals, I've never seen that stations are consistently aligned to face their parent planetoids. Some do, yes, but as many or more do not, except in the most general interpretation of "facing." I always try to align my SC approach to result in a Deep Throat alignment with the mail slot and station axis, which means the last bit of SC maneuvering shows me the exact station alignment vis a vis its primary. In some approaches the stations seem more aligned with the planet's rotation axis, and in some they seem to face as much away as toward the planet. The same holds true when leaving a station -- coming straight out the mail slot it's often just empty space, though planets may hover 30deg to 45deg off port, starboard, zenith or nadir. That's a big fudge on the idea of "facing." Or maybe I'm too exacting.
My understanding - and this is just my recollection from years ago - is that the large stations always faced the south pole of the body they were orbiting. Supercruise exits were never 100% precise with regards to facing, of course.

My understanding - and this is just my recollection from years ago - is that the large stations always faced the south pole of the body they were orbiting. Supercruise exits were never 100% precise with regards to facing, of course.
OK, that is definitely possible, I will keep a eye out for that. My interpretation of "facing" is the station's rotation axis being aligned radially with the planet's center, so every exit would have the planet right there in your face, which doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Good tactic.

Go "all in" with the greedy blue Store Icon, then take a tiny irrelevant step back. And the masses erupt in applause praising FDev lol

Consumers these days haha.... They almost deserve it.

OK, that is definitely possible, I will keep a eye out for that. My interpretation of "facing" is the station's rotation axis being aligned radially with the planets center, so every exit would have the planet right there in your face, which doesn't happen.

I made quite a few posts on this very topic following DrKaii's guide on how to tell where the starport will be facing, way back before we got the real-time orientation in supercruise. Starports always (because they still do, but we don't need to know it anymore) point towards one of the planetary poles. It can be very difficult to tell which pole it is, because the system's deviation from the galactic plane, and orbital eccentricities can screw up any attempts to pin down whether it's the north or south pole. But, for any systems that are closely aligned to the galactic plane, starports will face the north pole.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...tation-of-orbitals.307910/page-2#post-4782718

(Wow, that took a long time to find...)

How can you completely ignore the “mission board not loading” bug. It makes the game almost unplayable for some and is clearly mentioned on every forum and ticketed on frontier but yet 0 information produced or update to say that it’s being looked into.

Payed full price for a game that was really enjoying and had been rendered useless with no way of solving it would seem.

Just a mention would be nice.

Top Bottom