ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update (22/10)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just in case you are not a Yoda flavoured troll. You stating you were "lied" to is an emotive response in this case. The logical response is that in 2018 they decided to concentrate their workforce on improving the core game play mechanics. There is no evidence any design work had been made on "carriers" which at the time were more aligned with the new Squadrons released in Q4. So are in you Squadron and if not why were you "waiting for its release"?

Personal Fleet Carriers as we now know them were launched at the Lavecon in July 2019 with an anticipated End of 2019 release, rememeber that? You were around: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/lavecon-2019-content-reveal.516705/

yes and I remember that at the end of last year they commented on the new era and such, that they would concentrate this year on fixing bugs, the introduction of a store that was not in their plans .... do you suffer from selective memory? I think that You made a mistake ,my friend, I have only tried to make people ,like you ,see that they were not very sincere with you, but they change the facts, what I can do?

Last edited:
yes and I remember that at the end of last year they commented on the new era and such, that they would concentrate this year on fixing bugs, the introduction of a store that was not in their plans .... do you suffer from selective memory? I think that You made a mistake as a friend, I have only tried to make people like you see that they were not very sincere with you, but the facts change, what can be done?
They did NOT stated, that they are mainly fixing things, but to "flesh out the existing content". It's a small, but important difference and THAT promise was kept. (mining, exploration, new ships, new modules)

They did NOT stated, that they are mainly fixing things, but to "flesh out the existing content". It's a small, but important difference and THAT promise was kept. (mining, exploration, new ships, new modules)
again man?just ignore me and my answers

Oh wow! Well than Internet is not only a "New Frontier" for Germany (as "our" Chancellor stated some years ago).:ROFLMAO:
I think you're right; the Internet (or t'Interwebs as the seniors sometimes call it) is a 'New Frontier' for everybody. Low connection speeds are possibly due to volume of traffic as much as outdated slow telecoms technology. We just need the Chinese to invent the Universal Translator now and connection speeds can plummet.

So veterans aren't excited about veteran bugs being fixed? I guess when you grow old together you forgive each others quirks!

The game has been buggy from day one, you adapt and work around them. I still enjoyed playing...

3,500 hours later, you need new content. There will always be bugs. FDEV are simply chasing their tail now.

(n)

Last edited:
Yeah I like waving the flag of logic and perspecitve now and then, keeps you sane.

Is the Panther another one of your "promises"?

Lets see how long "they" have been delayed for....
2017 "Squadron" Carriers were an advertised paper feature for the Squadrons component of the Q4 Beyond season update, they were dropped indefinitely in the Summer to concentrate on other core game mechanics. There was no evidence of any design work or other progress having been made on them, infact ED stated no design work only the scope had been detailed, unlike Ice Planets which had a sneak preview of a WIP before. No new due date was given to either just a plan to release them in future.

2018 March Anncouncement - Most of the team dedicated to New Era while a smaller team due to release minor Quarterly updates aimed at the new player experience.

"Fleet Carriers" were first revealed at Lavecon July 2019 due Dec 2019 update. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/lavecon-2019-content-reveal.516705/

October 2019 - Fleet carriers delayed until Q2 2020

So a potential delay of ~ 6 months?

Holy biowaste, the mental gymnastics going on there... 😂

Wait, I have an even better idea. I'll call them Summer Carriers now which means they aren't delayed at all! I am very smart!

Why should I ignore you and close myself out of enjoyment?:unsure:

And what makes you think I'm a man? Please stay polite!

because I can report to you by spam,is in the forum rules or did you forget them after so many years?
it happened to me this morning with 3 or 4 of you, I'm not interested in your opinion, try to do the same ,grow up

PS:You're just a drawing in a square in the forums for me, I'm sorry if you are a girl, woman ,lgtb or whatever,sue me if you want, 😃 but don´t name please

Last edited:
yes and I remember that at the end of last year they commented on the new era and such, that they would concentrate this year on fixing bugs, the introduction of a store that was not in their plans .... do you suffer from selective memory? I think that You made a mistake as a friend, I have only tried to make people like you see that they were not very sincere with you, but the facts change, what can be done?

Ha yeah "selective memory"? Did you read the material I sent you? https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Development_Plans
  • New Era updates were August 2018 and March 2019, please link this "end of 2018 New Era anouncement" that you read
  • There was no prior announcement about only fixing bugs in 2019, if so please link to it
  • In March 2019 it was said "we also have a smaller development team focused on adding to and improving the existing game between now and that time. This will take the form of regular game updates and development supported events "
  • The details of the Sept & Dec 2019 update features including ARX were revealed at Lavecon July 2019: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/lavecon-2019-content-reveal.516705/
So yeah who is actually making up here?

we're bored. don't spoil the fun with your boring logic.

I think your boredom is due to a series of FDev's mistakes. Or not... you are another some-person who don't want to end this tiny conflict, and who want to go to New Year's holiday without worry about update.

Wanna fun? use your brain.

#NOARX #UNTILFLEETCARRIER

Holy biowaste, the mental gymnastics going on there... 😂

Wait, I have an even better idea. I'll call them Summer Carriers now which means they aren't delayed at all! I am very smart!

Sorry if I made your brain hurt with laying out facts, so If it makes you feel better call them whatever you like. The complex truth is the Squadron Carriers scoped for the original 2018 Q4 release are nothing like the personal Carriers announced at Lavecon in 2019 with a December release date ie they started again from scratch. Of course if it makes you feel worse then say its now a 1.5 year delay but to use that as a stick to try and bash the pace of game "progress" or "numbers of lies x length of time = the game" as our resident spritual guru @Oldviboy claims is meaingless.

because I can report to you by spam,is in the forum rules or did you forget them after so many years?
it happened to me this morning with 3 or 4 of you, I'm not interested in your opinion, try to do the same ,grow up

PS:You're just a drawing in a square in the forums for me, I'm sorry if you are a girl, woman ,lgtb or whatever,sue me if you want, 😃 but don´t name please
Report me about spamming! Yeah, I would LOVE to see THAT! Please do so! I dare you! I DOUBLE DARE you! :ROFLMAO:
Dispite of that: So you're claiming to have the right of "spamming" your opinion, but deny it for others to do the same because of WHAT reason? Lack of arguments, perhaps?
And I NEVER called you ANY names. I'm mature and educated enough to defend my position with words and not with insults.

Last edited:
Lets hope so. My only wish is for FD to give a concrete answer that its, its in development or its not. At least then its fair on the people who use the feature and organise it each week.

Yes I can't support the policy of keeping quiet with plans beyond a year but at least they are consistant in that I guess.

The game has been buggy from day one, you adapt and work around them. I still enjoyed playing...

3,500 hours later, you need new content. There will always be bugs. FDEV are simply chasing their tail now.

(n)

Yes new content is important too, just curious, you are veteren player but have heard nothing about the prioritisation of the "New Era" DLC for the past 1.5 years?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom