ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update (22/10)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
But man,how can you think of an expansion if you don't fix the base game? What is the least you can do before introducing new content, are you serious?anyone with a minimum of "sanity" knows that. 😂
Read the very start of this thread. They are literally delaying EVERTHING for EXCACTLY THAT what you're asking for right now....

FIXING THE BASEGAME!!!!

lol,calm down boy, I started playing elite last year, enough to think for myself and not get carried away by a majority of people who have clearly lost the north. 😂 Do you really think there is no life outside of a video game?Are you really answering each user? I probably wouldn't be here if it were the first and I've already thought about or leave paying attention to the forum, just news ,because people like you, who try to impose their opinions based on lies, are impossible, and it seems that you get angry every time someone names frontier, believe me that I'm out of all these meaningless battles, you don't know me, but if you cheat me I say so, I've never sworn fidelity to anyone above all .

you can continue riding on your pony

You started to play ED last year and you are blabbing on about "countless lies" because of a delay for max 6 months for single new feature on a forum? Righhhtttt

As you seem to only be browsing forums for news, I suggest you read this first before bothering to comment: https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Development_Plans

Not saying its OK particularly but that the answer to those the bigger questions of the direction can only be known with New Era. I am also uncomfortable with moralising product direction as a consumer. After Horizons there was a clear management decision to take stock of the very state that you are complaining about, that to me shows that they noticed too. The season model was abandoned. I can see why the season model led to the state of not fully-fleshed out features as the Season model was a series of disparate open books. Horizons was the first (and only paid for DLC) so was prioritised but took 2 years once released to close. The New Era is the next premium DLC and is prioritised but this time all the work will have been done up-front. Lets see what the scope is. Will it include improvements to historical features? Is it a code base refresh? If so does does this mean it will be easier to integrate and improve the scope of historical features in future if not already done? Will Powerplay be a new DLC maybe under a new name?
Regarding "refreshing the codebase". I wonder how this will be implemented for those, who won't buy the DLC. I wonder how the game will behave with two simultaniously running codebases.:unsure:

But man,how can you think of an expansion if you don't fix the base game? What is the least you can do before introducing new content, are you serious?anyone with a minimum of "sanity" knows that. 😂

Really struggling to understand you but are you implying that you have some sort of insight into the scope of the "New Era" development?

probably best to stick to logic rather than emotion

but logic shines for his presence

r
I personally have only declined this delay, because I expected it from last year, which seems like a long time ago, they lied about their plans and I say it, but here people say that it is not so and I don't know what else 😂 ... What emotions are you talking about? seem more emotional those who defend the game of their dreams and expect it to be much better, but it never comes.I have no emotion to write right now, but you named me and 3 others 🤷‍♀️

Really struggling to understand you but are you implying that you have some sort of insight into the scope of the "New Era" development?

lol,give me a test of the new era,no just words, you, enlightened person

I have the right knowledge to know that you cannot work on an expansion before correcting errors, does it seem logical enough?

Last edited:
Regarding "refreshing the codebase". I wonder how this will be implemented for those, who won't buy the DLC. I wonder how the game will behave with two simultaniously running codebases.:unsure:
I expect the codebase will be refreshed across all current content for those who won't buy the new DLC, and the new DLC itself will obviously have to be programmed to be compatible with it.

You started to play ED last year and you are blabbing on about "countless lies" because of a delay for max 6 months for single new feature on a forum? Righhhtttt

As you seem to only be browsing forums for news, I suggest you read this first before bothering to comment: https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Development_Plans

Again, another big lol, they lied to me once, talked about lies to others,as I suppose you too ,I don't have so much stamina .

you have simply tried to hit everyone with a sword, did you drink coffee? 😂

Having been around for a few years and taken in what people have asked for or demanded in some cases. The vast majority of us just want FDEV to fix bugs. We want them to take time and polish new content. Quality not quantity. So, FDev have announced they are going to fix bugs and take longer on content (fleet carriers). The community started a petition which some of it details the need for fixing bugs (I didn't sign it because I didn't agree with everthing, except fixing bugs). FDev actually listened (but fdev never listen, ok lol), and are now going to fix things, oh and return to betas, again what we wanted. So why the .... are people complaining? Plus, if you own Horizons (everyone should by now) it's all completely free.

FDev are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The game needs bug fixes and fdev have obliged

I expect the codebase will be refreshed across all current content for those who won't buy the new DLC, and the new DLC itself will obviously have to be programmed to be compatible with it.
Sounds like a monster-download incoming. And this with my crappy connection of 16 MBit/s.😭

but logic shines for his presence

r
I personally have only declined this delay, because I expected it from last year, which seems like a long time ago, they lied about their plans and I say it, but here people say that it is not so and I don't know what else 😂 ... What emotions are you talking about? seem more emotional those who defend the game of their dreams and expect it to be much better, but it never comes.I have no emotion to write right now, but you named me and 3 others 🤷‍♀️

Just in case you are not a Yoda flavoured troll. You stating you were "lied" to is an emotive response in this case. The logical response is that in 2018 they decided to concentrate their workforce on improving the core game play mechanics. There is no evidence any design work had been made on "carriers" which at the time were more aligned with the new Squadrons released in Q4. So are in you Squadron and if not why were you "waiting for its release"?

Personal Fleet Carriers as we now know them were launched at the Lavecon in July 2019 with an anticipated End of 2019 release, rememeber that? You were around: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/lavecon-2019-content-reveal.516705/

If the code refresh needs a Stella Forge v2.0 then you would have to upgrade everyone but say keep the new premium features locked. Or the interaction between code bases could just be via instancing? The new focus on fixing old bugs is curious as it suggests that this is outside of the scope of "New Era" or it could just be a bone to throw by the small team. Someone posted that it could be needed to merge the code bases when New Era goes live. A code refresh would be very enticing but this new focus on fixing old bugs has certainly muddied that view.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom