Planet Coaster 2: Speculation and Rumors

Maybe the barrier a precursor of how building could become? Either houses itself or just by placing fences/boundary for rides.

EDIT: oh well I see the thread is older than that. I replied to the thread start.

Last edited:
Nah, I think that is a bit too far-fetched if you ask me.

All those things where requested by the community for Planco as well. Them being able to get it into Planco probably gave them more insight in how to have such thing return in Planet Zoo. So Yes, both games benefit from being able to do such stuff, but I don't believe that is any sign of Planco2.

Honestly, with the release of the Console Edition, I'm most definitely not expecting a Planco 2 anytime soon. I think Planco2 at this moment is nothing more than a idea on a drawing board.

Scenery collision for instance was already a thing from the start in Planco. But that would only happen when trains derail and bump into buildings. Now this has been transferred to the animals, so they can't clip through scenery.

Yes.. That's absolutely the sort of thing I'm thinking of....

Power and Water to operate rides or areas..
Training to make ride ops dispatch quicker
The ability for the game to pick up key points about an area and auto-display them? (Exhibit screens)
Separate bins and recycling bins (actually, is this possibly a PlanZoo mechanic coming as at the moment it makes no difference in game so seems pointless)
Water physics / contained water (think pools, ride splash zones etc)

There is literally nothing that you can over think it seems...

And since Planco 2 could be years away, if it is coming, well, they just have to make a sequel for all the mistakes they made when developing PC1 that can't be corrected, the only way to have working water slides and pools is to go back to RCT3. I don't mind no rain/thunderstorms in Planet Coaster since it was annoying in RCT3 anyway, you couldn't turn it off.

So... I also noticed on an article talking about share prices and company performance that there has been an announcement of "material updates to Elite:Dangerous and Planet Coaster in 2021" as well as confirming "three IP released [for 2021]".

Speculate. Go.

Source: https://www.sharecast.com/news/brok...-price-on-frontier-developments--7131359.html

I know everyone is gonna hate me for this, but please let one of the three IP be Planet Splash or something like that.

I know everyone is gonna hate me for this, but please let one of the three IP be Planet Splash or something like that.
I'm not hating you for it. I'm not the biggest waterpark fan,but if it has good scenery every game from Frontier seems to be good, i enjoy planet zoo and planet coaster a lot.

Frontier is talking about "the Planet series" very often. A "Planet Splash" would fit perfectly. I don't care about a separate waterpark game but in that one, they could test their skills for water physics... which might be used in a PC2.

My only confusion is, that they are talking about 2021, not 2020. So what could that mean? Because it makes it look like on first glance it is about Planet Coaster 1. If that is true, why wait with a DLC until 2021? More plausible would be indeed a Sequel. Which hopefully includes everything from PC1 including DLCs, and the advancements they made for Zoo, probably a few more 😁👍

For the coaster and rides I say
  1. Custom coaster station and gates
  2. Cattle pin
  3. Fast lane and stander connected path
  4. Fast lane can be connected to normal path and station
  5. Ride height stick and workers
  6. 2 or more station in one coaster
  7. Load and Unload station
  8. Sizing the station
  9. Custom cars that you can download at the Steam Workshop
  10. Custom skin for rides that you can also download at the Steam Workshop
  11. Trigger scene plays a different scene than only 1
  12. Custom look for flat rides
  13. Pre Show path and Finale path
  14. Guest some time hold on to something while feeling air time
  15. Any horror element increase their fear
  16. Trigger scene in break run holding break or time break decrease boring moment
  17. Ability to change Font in your coaster name
  18. Choose Cedar Fair rides that is in this sequel
  19. Custom height for tower rides
  20. Employees can check riders safety restraint
  21. Sky Rocket 2 model
  22. Transfer Track
  23. Docking loading station
  24. Vertical Drop track or Elevator Track (With the ability to change it's speed and delay in the beginning and end)
  25. Switch track or Quick switch track
  26. Custom lift hill speed that changes ever time it hit the trigger part
  27. Custom launch speed with the choice to make it double triple or more
  28. And finally, Custom support by clicking and dragging like what is found in No limits 1/2
So do you like it. Leave a comment and like it. And if their's anything that I miss, Reply to me, Thank you now i'm off to Winterfest!

For the coaster and rides I say
  1. Custom coaster station and gates
  2. Cattle pin
  3. Fast lane and stander connected path
  4. Fast lane can be connected to normal path and station
  5. Ride height stick and workers
  6. 2 or more station in one coaster
  7. Load and Unload station
  8. Sizing the station
  9. Custom cars that you can download at the Steam Workshop
  10. Custom skin for rides that you can also download at the Steam Workshop
  11. Trigger scene plays a different scene than only 1
  12. Custom look for flat rides
  13. Pre Show path and Finale path
  14. Guest some time hold on to something while feeling air time
  15. Any horror element increase their fear
  16. Trigger scene in break run holding break or time break decrease boring moment
  17. Ability to change Font in your coaster name
  18. Choose Cedar Fair rides that is in this sequel
  19. Custom height for tower rides
  20. Employees can check riders safety restraint
  21. Sky Rocket 2 model
  22. Transfer Track
  23. Docking loading station
  24. Vertical Drop track or Elevator Track (With the ability to change it's speed and delay in the beginning and end)
  25. Switch track or Quick switch track
  26. Custom lift hill speed that changes ever time it hit the trigger part
  27. Custom launch speed with the choice to make it double triple or more
  28. And finally, Custom support by clicking and dragging like what is found in No limits 1/2
So do you like it. Leave a comment and like it. And if their's anything that I miss, Reply to me, Thank you now i'm off to Winterfest!
Exactly a sequel NEEDS to include this, did you add weather?It's important too,but probably coming since planet zoo has it.

Honestly, with the release of the Console Edition, I'm most definitely not expecting a Planco 2 anytime soon. I think Planco2 at this moment is nothing more than a idea on a drawing board.

they announced Planco Console edition like 1-2 weeks after Planzoo released, if they release Planco Console edition summer of 2020, they could easily announce Planco2 at the end of the year or even in early 2021, and maybe it releases in winter of 2021 or even summer of 2022. They could even announce/release a Plazoo console edition by then as well, its not like these games are competing with each other, they act as companion pieces for one another. Plus the console market doesnt completely crossover into the PC market, so its a rather different audience they are selling towith the console editions

theres really no reason to think they cant be working on both (or all 3) at the same time, especially considering how similar of style the game engines are. They probably figured out some ways to improve performance with Planzoo, have gone back and reworked Planco1 for consoles which probably has a smaller team working on it rather than the entire company (they grew a lot since 2015), and now they can begin moving forward with bigger ideas for Planco2.

Its not like they are starting from scratch with an all new IP, the engine was mostly completed 3 years ago, and now they can just improve and build upon it as they go. If they release Planco2 in 2021/22, they could release Planet Lagoon in 23/24, and Planet Safari in 25/26, maybe with console editions being alternately released 2 years after the PC editions

It makes sense IMO cause were moving into next-gen hardware soon

Last edited:
they will focus on a planco 2 cause the dlcs didnt sell very well ... grab the money of console players and start the new journey Planco2 :)

Last edited:
I thought the DLC’s sold very well. I think the DLC’s that sold the best we’re probably the rides DLC’s and Ghostbusters DLC.

They are at a potentially natural stopping point with Planco now.. The engine seems to be at the limit of what it can achieve without major overhaul.. It does beg the question as to whether PlanCo would receive an engine upgrade and continue on (like Cities:Skylines has done) or if they would just use Cobra 2.0 (or even another addition to the series) to build using code from PlanCo and PlanZoo.

Wish we could get even a little sniff of what's to come. Either a "no more DLC" message or a "yeah, something is coming" etc..

Top Bottom