Planet Coaster 2: Speculation and Rumors

I would love to see a smarter/easier building system for buildings. Like dragging walls and rooms etc. instead of plopping down walls piece by piece. I have great things I want to build but I'm often put off by how tedious it can be!

Also water physics would be a dream feature.

To be honest I'm pretty happy with the graphics and overall presentation of the game as it is... I don't think they should spend their time on that aspect.

DX12 for better FPS. This is the most important thing on my wish list.

Allow modding (or more options in the settings), so we can change things like the speed of the day/night cycle, override a ride's prestige value, etc.

Smarter peeps. If I had to pee so bad that I can't stand up straight, I would use the bathroom before getting into a long queue.

Easier path and structure building system.

I want to be able to become a peep, controlling which rides I go on, deciding where I walk, when to buy food, etc.

I'm surprised they don't build upon what they have.

Many other Simulator games change the core game here and there, sometimes significantly, but they money is in DLC.

I guess in the end making a brand new version would be the only way.

I'd prefer to have an "upgrade" option though.
Not sure if Steam will allow anything like that though.

As for the Disney Rumors... What if it's so we can get some new Licenced DLC for Planet Coaster 1? We did get Ghost busters... Maybe they're working on getting a Disney DLC pack, with mascots, a shop or two some rides and related scenery based on their park....

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I'm surprised they don't build upon what they have.

Many other Simulator games change the core game here and there, sometimes significantly, but they money is in DLC.

I guess in the end making a brand new version would be the only way.

I'd prefer to have an "upgrade" option though.
Not sure if Steam will allow anything like that though.
At a certain point a game can reach a point where it’s no longer viable to “bolt” things on top of the game with DLC and updates, especially when it comes to major new gameplay such as animals and everything that comes with animals. Everything “bolted” on top of the existing game will need to be backwards compatible with the existing game.

There is a point where it may be more viable to create a new game from scratch, even if based on the same ideas and features such as Planet Coaster. You can start with a clean slate and improve the core of the game that way, without needing to worry about backwards compatibility. I personally think this is one of the reasons why Planet Zoo is a separate game.

I think it's pretty much the same thing with Planco now. There is not much more groundbreaking stuff they could do. So they probably started working on the sequel already. We might still get some DLCs,but i don't expect anything too groundbreaking anymore,that would go against the core games mechanics,altough i was surprised they got the shooting ride to work. ;)

Top Bottom