ANNOUNCEMENT Festive Countdown 2019

Deleted member 110222

D
That may well be the case, the point i'm trying to make is that this time of year is called Christmas for a reason. I'm sick and tired of of a lot of people and companies bending over so they don't offend anyone. It's not happy holidays, it's called Christmas

I celebrate Yule. I don't say "Merry Christmas".

Much to the disdain of my family... But. Everyone knows I'm Pagan so...

That may well be the case, the point i'm trying to make is that this time of year is called Christmas for a reason. I'm sick and tired of of a lot of people and companies bending over so they don't offend anyone. It's not happy holidays, it's called Christmas
Political correctness gone stupid.
Your point is noted the Christmas holiday is in fact the reason everyone is having a holiday.
In Scotland however New Year was the main holiday up until recently (another Solstice celebration rebadged) so now both are holidays for a lot of people.
Other notable yearly holidays, Easter of course, which I have never noticed it being called holidays for correctness.
Summer hols.
October break.
The last two have no religious connections although in Scotland the October holiday was traditionally the Tattie picking holidays (no holiday you picked produce from the fields).

The reason of course the Xmas hols is pushed so hard is for commercial purpose, so it is totally that same companies can't call it xmas.

In short if you don't celebrate xmas then go work and don't complain if in fact if you do have time off.

Solstice is 21st Dec btw.

The problem of increasing globalisation is the realisation that not everybody shares the same myths and beliefs and they are quite prepared to take their business to someone who tries not to offend them.

Deleted member 182079

D
Even though you disappoint frontier, i like you, so im going to spell it out close to the door so you can go do some homework.

The limited paints are more expensive than last year until you buy the 25k bundle. Because of a perceived need to spend up the bundle, one is inclined to wait until the end of the sale before buying anything. That's an an immense mental / impulse buying cooling off period for skins that are not new. Are you sure arx has improved your financial position regarding cosmetics? Just from my personal perspective, all its done is generated bad will (from woefully clumsy obfuscation) then given me opportunities to not spend money in the store (via the cheap options). And allowed me to downgrade which bundle was required for an expensive covas from free saved arx.... and now is making me hold off on the holiday sale...
Got to agree with this. Last year I would've made several individual transactions if new items caught my attention. Now, I don't want to pre-purchase a larger Arx pack as I don't know what else is in the pipeline - so I'll wait until I have a list together, and then buy the appropriate pack that's closest to the total Arx required. The piecemeal release of paints over the next weeks will make me wait until the very end.

Given it's Christmas, I might miss items (also thanks to the frankly awful webstore layout) or forget to check and buy altogether as I will be busy with other things than Elite.

I'm not a fan of these limited sales at all. I realise why it's done, but I actually think FD would sell more items if they were added to the store permanently.

The fact you can't save up sufficient Arx in the short period (bonus this time aside, plus given these are over 5k a pop means that's a wee in the ocean really) throws further shade on this practice. It's a bit like shops putting sweets at floor level at check outs - legit marketing but leaves a sour aftertaste, at least for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem of increasing globalisation is the realisation that not everybody shares the same myths and beliefs and they are quite prepared to take their business to someone who tries not to offend them.
Though if a company that's based in Israel offers me a happy Passover, what should I be offended? If you're going to use the 'myths and beliefs' to make money, you might at least pay lip service.

Though if a company that's based in Israel offers me a happy Passover, what should I be offended? If you're going to use the 'myths and beliefs' to make money, you might at least pay lip service.
I personally just think it’s simply that saying Merry Christmas, Passover, Yule, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Saturnalia, Solstice or whatever your personal beliefs lead you to celebrate is easier said as “Happy Holidays”.

I personally just think it’s simply that saying Merry Christmas, Passover, Yule, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Saturnalia, Solstice or whatever your personal beliefs lead you to celebrate is easier said as “Happy Holidays”.
Are you actually saying any of those, or are you celebrating a new festival that is (a bit like ED recently) devoid of content?

Selling rares for the CG is totally not worth the hassle. Seriously FDev, which one of you guys typed those rares for the mission? You didn't do anything to reward cmdrs how underatke very long trips in their small ships to get rares like the Andulgia fireworks. I thought that price for desired laves at Reorte will be at least doubled, but nah. Trip to Anduliga to get fireworks from an outpost situated 600k ly away was a waste of time. I lost almost an hour do the trip Lave-Eranin-Anduliga, during that time I would have done few round trips with animal meat in my T-9, one trip with a cargo hold full of meat gives more than one million credits. Those rare gave me mlittle mor ethan 300k cr, pfff..

After logging in to look at the new store, its not obvious to me which is the exclusive 12 days to christmas ship skin. Or hasn't it started yet?

After logging in to look at the new store, its not obvious to me which is the exclusive 12 days to christmas ship skin. Or hasn't it started yet?
I may be missing some, but so far I have seen;

Chromed, Golden and Iridescent paints for the Alliance Crusader, Cobra Mk IV, Diamondback Scout, Asp Scout, Federal Assault Ship and Federal Gunship.

Iridescent paints for the Taipan, and Imperial Fighter.

Iridescent and Golden for the Federal Fighter.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and info, I think that must have been where I was getting confused, I was expecting 1 a day as previous years. Also, of course, there used to be an obvious catagory for them on the store. Well, thanks again, I doubt that this year I will not be buying them all :)

I was ready to swear the free Arx wasn't working for me, perhaps because I already was at 400 and even though it's meant to go straight into the main wallet the cap being reached was bugging it out, but all it took was to completely quit the game and restart. Just going back to the main menu seems not to be enough. Just mentioning this in case someone else were to fall to the same misunderstanding, might be worth to do a double check before issuing a ticket.

BTW, I'm going to celebrate a full week of 12 hrs/day work from the 23th to the 30th, so that's that for these oh so controversial holidays :D

Indeed. For those who haven't figured it out, you have to actually get in the cockpit - you'll get a message immediately and the ARX balance is added.

Top Bottom